Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Converting 1 of 10 shots including missing couple of big chances isn't exactly what I'd call majestic

Yeah because you think football is entirely based around xG or efficiency based on shots taken. It's not. He took on a few shots he shouldn't have and wasn't clinical, but he terrorised Leicester today. He brought teammates in to play constantly, some of his passes (including for the assist) were sublime, he was going past defenders for fun. He also scored a beautiful goal.

If his finishing touch is a little sharper today he has a hattrick and an assist and it's a 10/10 performance people rave about for weeks. But the way he played was still majestic, it was a joy to watch him. He had a shot cleared off the line and hit the crossbar, he was inches from pretty much perfection.

He took on a few shots he shouldn't have and wasn't clinical, but he terrorised Leicester today. He brought teammates in to play constantly, some of his passes (including for the assist) were sublime, he was going past defenders for fun.
Ehh Maddison matched him step for step on an inferior team

Definitely not as wasteful though or didn't have any big chances missed

He also scored a beautiful goal.
Son scored 4 similar goals in one game last season

If his finishing touch is a little sharper today he has a hattrick and an assist and it's a 10/10 performance
But it wasn't...

Thought he put a great shift in today. Credit where credits due he won’t the game for us, scored and brilliant pass for Stevie B winner.
can we just please not let him take another free kick ever.

It's worse, significantly so. Look at their co-efficient rankings in recent years, they're carried almost entirely by Bayern, and even then falling off a cliff overall. Rangnick recently spoke about how much better teams are in England compared to Germany as well.

Teams here have more money (by far) to spend on coaches and players. That almost always leads to better teams barring a few sides who play their cards badly. That doesn't mean the Bundesliga is a farmers league or a totally alien level, but it is a step down.

I don’t disagree with you. I said the Bundesliga isn’t as far down as many on here claim. I didn’t say the Bundesliga has the same quality or close to the same quality as the PL.

There are also stylistic differences. The EPL is more vertical than every other league. The soft and adept touches in the EPL are not as valued as they are in La Liga, for example. An EPL striker that is used to being direct and is good in the air but maybe does t have the same quality on the ball with quick and clever touches may struggle in La Liga. Vice versa is also true. It doesn’t mean one league is shit and the other one top notch.

The very top clubs in the top four leagues (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, and Bundesliga) have squads with sufficient diversity of skills to be able to compete in every other league. I think Bayern Munich, for example, who I watch a lot of, would absolutely be competing for titles in the EPL every year. Some people (seriously) think the fourth place team in the EPL would romp in the other leagues. I don’t think that’s necessarily true.

(Just look at who won the Europa League last season. Villarreal beat ManU, who finished second in the EPL. Villarreal finished seventh in LaLiga.)

The fiasco earlier in the season impacted Kane’s preparation and performance early in the season. I think he is where he needs to be mentally now. I expect him to be back to the old Kane the rest of the season and generate lots of goals and assists.

Feels like we saw a Kane that we haven't seen in a very long time. He looked 110% committed, was throwing everything he had into that game, and was actively reaching out to the fans. He's been moving in that direction since Conte joined, but it felt very different today. When he was celebrating at the end of the game it was like seeing the Kane of two years ago.

Feels like we saw a Kane that we haven't seen in a very long time. He looked 110% committed, was throwing everything he had into that game, and was actively reaching out to the fans. He's been moving in that direction since Conte joined, but it felt very different today. When he was celebrating at the end of the game it was like seeing the Kane of two years ago.
He did look a lot more animated and motivated, let's hope he continues it.

Thought he put a great shift in today. Credit where credits due he won’t the game for us, scored and brilliant pass for Stevie B winner.
can we just please not let him take another free kick ever.

I agree about the free kicks but it isn't like we have a bunch of other good options outside of him.

It is a major problem we are missing on this team.

yeah agreed we don’t seem to have many other choices. But I am not sure I see anyone else lineup, as captain Harry always takes the ball and insists he has got this one . One free kick goal in 2014 thst was deflected, and 248 attempts that failed since is just piss poor that someone doesn’t stop him from taking them. We had yet another embarrassing example today.

1 goal in 787 attempts, could anyone be worse..

Last edited:
Ehh Maddison matched him step for step on an inferior team

Definitely not as wasteful though or didn't have any big chances missed

Son scored 4 similar goals in one game last season

But it wasn't...

No he didn't. Kane was the best player on the pitch and it wasn't even close. If you judge players purely by xG metrics or big chances missed, it's pointless even talking about it. He made his own chances and space because every time he picked the ball up he was a menace. He created the game winning goal with a better pass than anything Maddison (a playmaker) came close to coming up with.

Maddison wasn't beating defenders for fun all game, or dictating whilst also spearheading the attack, or manhandling defenders. And what does Son having a 10/10 game have to do with the fact Kane was brilliant today? These straws you're grasping at to hide the fact you and others claimed he was done are getting silly now.

It was a perfect modern CF performance. He was winning his aerial duels against two big, physical centre backs, he was so sharp on the turn all game, embarrassing Soyuncu for the goal. Oh, and he was the best passer of a football on the pitch when Leicester have two highly technical midfielders.

It's the best all round CF performance I've seen from any player this season. I'm not gonna let the fact a shot got cleared off the line and he hit the bar from a header change how good it was, if you wanna look at xG and big chances and decide from that, that's your choice. I'll just enjoy Kane being back to his absolute best and thank god we have him in the team.

Spot on, was great to see!

No he didn't. Kane was the best player on the pitch and it wasn't even close. If you judge players purely by xG metrics or big chances missed, it's pointless even talking about it. He made his own chances and space because every time he picked the ball up he was a menace. He created the game winning goal with a better pass than anything Maddison (a fucking playmaker) came close to coming up with.

Maddison wasn't beating defenders for fun all game, or dictating whilst also spearheading the attack, or manhandling defenders. And what does Son having a 10/10 game have to do with the fact Kane was fucking brilliant today? These straws you're grasping at to hide the fact you and others claimed he was done are getting silly now.

It was a perfect modern CF performance. He was winning his aerial duels against two big, physical centre backs, he was so fucking sharp on the turn and embarrassed Soyuncu for his goal, his technical ability was on full display with a brilliant passing range. It's the best all round CF performance I've seen from any player this season. I'm not gonna let the fact a shot got cleared off the line and he hit the bar from a header change how fucking good it was.
An 8/10 performance is now the “perfect modern CF performance?”

Kane of 2016/17 would have had a hat trick.

Mate, he wasn’t even our MOTM.

lolol

An 8/10 performance is now the “perfect modern CF performance?”

Kane of 2016/17 would have had a hat trick.

Mate, he wasn’t even our MOTM.

lolol

Yeah ok mate, you cling to those straws. I get that it’s hard watching everything you claimed be proven wrong before your eyes, but do try to handle it with grace going forward.

You’re a goon—Spurs fan after all.

. He made his own chances and space because every time he picked the ball up he was a menace.
lol so when he gets shots or scores off it’s because he creates his own chances, not because of good service

And when he doesn’t get shots off or goes MIA, it’s because he doesn’t get service lol

Fact is, Kane has gotten decent service this season but he’s just been very unclinical. A -3.2 goals under xG this season is pretty horrendous.

Can we just stop with the experiment.

Seven years, hundreds of attempts at hitting the wall, hitting it out the stadium, bouncing it off the ground but alas still no goal.

But no doubt next time we get a free kick, Harry will step up and …..

miss yet again.

Last edited:
Yeah ok mate, you cling to those straws. I get that it’s hard watching everything you claimed be proven wrong before your eyes, but do try to handle it with grace going forward.

You’re a goon—Spurs fan after all.
I’m a goon for saying that he had an 8/10 game and didn’t have the “perfect modern CF performance?” And that Kane wasn’t MOTM over Stevie B?

Mate, I’m an objective Spurs fan, not a Kane FC fan and do not overhype players.

:harrylol:

lol so when he gets shots or scores off it’s because he creates his own chances, not because of good service

And when he doesn’t get shots off or goes MIA, it’s because he doesn’t get service lol

Fact is, Kane has gotten decent service this season but he’s just been very unclinical. A -3.2 goals under xG this season is pretty horrendous.

He’s back though.. like you know that right? There’s no way you’re seeing the way he’s playing and can’t see he’s back.

And it must hurt, can you even really enjoy his goals or assists when you hate him so much? Must be hard being a ‘Spurs’ fan and despising the key man.

He’s back though.. like you know that right? There’s no way you’re seeing the way he’s playing and can’t see he’s back.

And it must hurt, can you even really enjoy his goals or assists when you hate him so much? Must be hard being a ‘Spurs’ fan and despising the key man.
He had his first 8/10 performance (against a battered Leicester team) on the back of 2 very mediocre performances against Chelsea… and before that, subpar performances against Watford and Southampton. So it’s still wait and see.

And what is he back to? Like I said, if it were Kane of 2017, he’d have had a hat trick and put the game out of reach in the first half.

Back
Top Bottom