Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had his first 8/10 performance (against a battered Leicester team) on the back of 2 very mediocre performances against Chelsea… and before that, subpar performances against Watford and Southampton. So it’s still wait and see.

And what is he back to? Like I said, if it were Kane of 2017, he’d have had a hat trick and put the game out of reach in the first half.

Battered Leicester team being almost the same Liverpool side which beat Liverpool last game and none of our other attackers (including Moura who you praise so much) did anything against, till Bergwijn conjured a miracle?

Also, he was OK against Watford and very good against Southampton. Neither were bad performances. He was poor in the first game vs Chelsea and good in the second.

Maybe, but he wouldn’t have had that assist, nor would his all round game have been as polished. And again, he was a couple of inches away from a header going in, and a player cleared his shot off the line.

16-17 Kane also had games where he got unlucky. This was Kane at his best I.e back to being the best centre forward in the premier league.

einstein-definition-of-insanity.jpg

Enjoyed watching him tonight. A goal and assist. Can he find a stretch of consistency in a very import string of upcoming games is the real question.

Battered Leicester team being almost the same Liverpool side which beat Liverpool last game and none of our other attackers (including Moura who you praise so much) did anything against, till Bergwijn conjured a miracle?
They were missing Evans, Vardy, Castagne, Harvey, Ndidi etc

So yes, battered

We were too but they were missing key players

Also, he was OK against Watford and very good against Southampton. Neither were bad performances. He was poor in the first game vs Chelsea and good in the second.
He had performances ranging from 5/10 to 6/10 during those 4 games. Maybe one 7/10 performance. None of those games suggested that he was a top/elite striker.

16-17 Kane also had games where he got unlucky. This was Kane at his best I.e back to being the best centre forward in the premier league.
You are very complimentary after every above average/decent game Kane has had since Newcastle but go on...

At the end of the day, this season he has 4 non pen goals, 8% goal conversion rate, and -3.2 goals under xG, 9 big chances missed etc. He's been among the worst strikers in the PL this year.

Good all around performance today?- yes

Wasteful today?- yes

Does an 8/10 performance mean Kane is back to being elite? -no

Can he keep putting in performances like this consistently? - we don't know. hopefully he’s more clinical though

Last edited:
Can someone please stop letting Kane take free kicks.

7 years
612 attempts
1 goal

416 off the wall
143 over the bar
18 bounce off the ground

1 hit the woodwork against Chelsea I believe.

But yeah.. I guess he's amazing at them in training.
Problem is, who else do you put on them?
Look at the starting 11 yesterday and tell me who you think would be better on freekicks specifically?
Winks?? Davies??

I agree though and make a comment every time before he takes one thinking I might jinx it in.. doesn't fucking work though.

Kane only takes free kicks because we basically have no one else. He didn't take them when Eriksen or Bale was here or even when Dier is playing.

Honestly, who should take them ahead of him in the 11 today? Winks?

I think the only player in the side who has ever scored outside the box in today's 11 is Moura and maybe Hojbjerg at Southampton. It's pathetic, but I'd still back Kane over the rest, at least he can strike the ball with technique. Maybe he'll get a deflected goal at some point.

Hopefully we sign someone at soon who can take one because it's exhausting. Almost rather the ref just play advantage anytime we get one near the box, more likely to score from open play.

Played some good passes, wiggled through beating players, very good assist, took his goal well - but overall I was pretty annoyed at how dreadful his finishing was.

We had 1 finisher on the pitch in the absence of Son, and wow he was letting us down to the point it pretty much cost us the game - bar a miracle.

I'm seeing some really heavy praise for Kane but honestly I think Leicester were awful flattering his performance massively - and yeah.. shouldn't be missing chances like he was gifted today, nor lashing possession over the bar form 30 yards out.

You would have to be a fool to expect much different against Chelsea from what he did in the previous 2 recent games.

Your last point is irrelevant. The quality of the league is one of many factors that contribute to differences in performance when a player switches leagues.

Hazard has been shit since he moved to RM, even when he has been healthy. There are other top PL players that have been shit in their new leagues. Many players from other leagues have gotten to the PL and had immediate success, including CR7.
Hazard is 2 stone over weight and has been constantly injured since moving. Rarely healthy.
Ronaldo is a different animal and could adapt anywhere. It took him time to bed in too.

Ehh Maddison matched him step for step on an inferior team

Definitely not as wasteful though or didn't have any big chances missed

Son scored 4 similar goals in one game last season

But it wasn't...
Give it a break will ye. Must be awful not to be able to enjoy a victory because kane played well. Fucks up your narrative

This thread and post means you’re an Asian Woolwich fan
Nope once again your wrong. Everyone has said kane should be off free kicks.
Played some good passes, wiggled through beating players, very good assist, took his goal well - but overall I was pretty annoyed at how dreadful his finishing was.

We had 1 finisher on the pitch in the absence of Son, and wow he was letting us down to the point it pretty much cost us the game - bar a miracle.

I'm seeing some really heavy praise for Kane but honestly I think Leicester were awful flattering his performance massively - and yeah.. shouldn't be missing chances like he was gifted today, nor lashing possession over the bar form 30 yards out.

You would have to be a fool to expect much different against Chelsea from what he did in the previous 2 recent games.
Sammyspurs???

I don’t disagree with you. I said the Bundesliga isn’t as far down as many on here claim. I didn’t say the Bundesliga has the same quality or close to the same quality as the PL.

Behave. People watch it, including myself, because the defending is comical and there's a ton of goals scored every week. Players are given so much time and space it's almost amusing.

Put any average striker in that Bayern side and he's scoring 30 goals a season.

No he didn't. Kane was the best player on the pitch and it wasn't even close. If you judge players purely by xG metrics or big chances missed, it's pointless even talking about it. He made his own chances and space because every time he picked the ball up he was a menace. He created the game winning goal with a better pass than anything Maddison (a playmaker) came close to coming up with.

Maddison wasn't beating defenders for fun all game, or dictating whilst also spearheading the attack, or manhandling defenders. And what does Son having a 10/10 game have to do with the fact Kane was brilliant today? These straws you're grasping at to hide the fact you and others claimed he was done are getting silly now.

It was a perfect modern CF performance. He was winning his aerial duels against two big, physical centre backs, he was so sharp on the turn all game, embarrassing Soyuncu for the goal. Oh, and he was the best passer of a football on the pitch when Leicester have two highly technical midfielders.

It's the best all round CF performance I've seen from any player this season. I'm not gonna let the fact a shot got cleared off the line and he hit the bar from a header change how good it was, if you wanna look at xG and big chances and decide from that, that's your choice. I'll just enjoy Kane being back to his absolute best and thank god we have him in the team.

All that xG talk and yet he is still retarded enough to believe Jimenez is better than Kane.

Ignore him. I tried so hard to humour him for a long time as, unlike sammyspurs, I thought there was a bit of hope with him. But he just comes out with daft things for attention. If more people ignored him he would go and troll on his Xbox instead after his daily wank over Raul.

Back
Top Bottom