Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol just stop.

Kane’s barely scored more non pen goals than Son over the past several seasons.

Kane and Son have been good goal scorers over the last few seasons but Lewa is on another planet

Since the Start of the 18/19 Season

Kane

Apps: 110
Non Pen Goals: 52
Assists: 22
Total Non Pen Contributions: 74

Son
Apps: 115
Non Pen Goals: 47
Assists: 29
Total Non Pen Contributions: 76

No matter how many times you omit penalties, it will still remain the case that penalties are very important and are given to the best finishers.

Say, doesn't that Lewandowski fellow take nearly all the Bayern league and CL penalties and has done so for 8 seasons?

Padding his stats, clearly...

Watching the goals back, that pass from Harry to set up Steven (who still had a lot to do and his finish was top notch) was unreal for a striker. Someone likes Pirlo or Xabi Alonso would have been proud with that.

Keeping that in my mind's wank bank for at least the rest of this week.

Doherty looked pretty quick/good against that Leicester B team too. They were knackered.

Knackered? They haven't played since January the 8th, what the fuck is tiring them out?

Also, Leicester B team? They were missing Ndidi and Vardy who I doubt had any impact on Kane. What world class defenders did they have which would've come in and stopped him playing? Fofana's not been available all fucking season. They did a number on Liverpool recently with a a very similar lineup, I guess Salah should've been scoring five if them being tired was making Kane look quick.

Doherty looked pretty quick/good against that Leicester B team too. They were knackered.

No he didn't. He looked like he had space to work in because in this system Conte's wingbacks get that, same with Emerson. He just fucked up the final ball a lot, whereas Kane was oozing quality whenever he had it.

Comparing his impact with Doherty's is straight up laughable. He was majestic tonight.

Knackered? They haven't played since January the 8th, what the fuck is tiring them out?

Also, Leicester B team? They were missing Ndidi and Vardy who I doubt had any impact on Kane. What world class defenders did they have which would've come in and stopped him playing? Fofana's not been available all fucking season. They did a number on Liverpool recently with a a very similar lineup, I guess Salah should've been scoring five if them being tired was making Kane look quick.

Leicester B team, haha.

Sounds like NDomNumbNuts is in proper troll mode tonight. He tries so hard to be another version of sammyspurs, bless him.

They were missing Evans, Vardy, Castagne, Harvey, Ndidi etc

The team looked quite slow and knackered. I’m not the only one that mentioned it - there were a lot of people that mentioned it in the match thread.

They were missing Evans, Vardy, Castagne, Harvey, Ndidi etc

The team looked quite slow and knackered. I’m not the only one that mentioned it - there were a lot of people that mentioned it in the match thread.

Yes mate they were depleted, as were we.

Son / Romero / Dier etc.

Harry was very good today apart from the second chance he missed. He was moving better, held up the ball quite well, dropped back when need be and above all, seemed ecstatic with the win.

I've been critical of Harry, but today he was excellent.

. He was moving better, held up the ball quite well, dropped back when need be and above all, seemed ecstatic with the win.

I've been critical of Harry, but today he was excellent.
This is the most important part . Hes never going to be a bad footballer. But when he isnt moving enough, or moving slow, he is very easy to defend against. Today he was moving like a normal premier league striker and then his qualities show.

The kane we've had in most of the games this season upto now hasnt been good enough. Hopefully hes back to normal.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
@NDomBadBoy
sammyspurs sammyspurs

Look at the quality of players around him. Look at the quality of opposition they face most weeks. He gets about 5 good chances a game on average. At times Kane doesn't even get 5 touches close to the box over 90 minutes such is the dross around him.

Kane is a far better passer. Holds it up better. Links play better. Can play in more than one position... And he doesn't play against a team of Boris Becker's most weeks.

Your first point is valid. I don’t think the Bundesliga is that far below the EPL.

Hes also playing with a top 3 team in europe in the CL.
And in a weaker league with a top 3 team in europe.
No denying his quality but sancho, werner etc. tore it up there
Your last point is irrelevant. The quality of the league is one of many factors that contribute to differences in performance when a player switches leagues.

Hazard has been shit since he moved to RM, even when he has been healthy. There are other top PL players that have been shit in their new leagues. Many players from other leagues have gotten to the PL and had immediate success, including CR7.

Your first point is valid. I don’t think the Bundesliga is that far below the EPL.

It's worse, significantly so. Look at their co-efficient rankings in recent years, they're carried almost entirely by Bayern, and even then falling off a cliff overall. Rangnick recently spoke about how much better teams are in England compared to Germany as well.

Teams here have more money (by far) to spend on coaches and players. That almost always leads to better teams barring a few sides who play their cards badly. That doesn't mean the Bundesliga is a farmers league or a totally alien level, but it is a step down.

No matter how many times you omit penalties, it will still remain the case that penalties are very important and are given to the best finishers.

Say, doesn't that Lewandowski fellow take nearly all the Bayern league and CL penalties and has done so for 8 seasons?

Padding his stats, clearly...
Comparing Kane with Lewandowski is okay including pens since both of them takes it for their teams.

Son doesn't really take any penalties so its not fair to includes Kane's penalties when you are comparing the two for goals. Its not like Son cannot score on penalties, he does it for his national team. Kane just gets the nod since he is our striker and has been taking it before Son came to Tottenham.

Stepped up today. Proud of him. Hope he can continue this form throughout the season. If we are to challenge for top 4 he needs to be performing like this consistently.

:kaneear:

Comparing Kane with Lewandowski is okay including pens since both of them takes it for their teams.

Son doesn't really take any penalties so its not fair to includes Kane's penalties when you are comparing the two for goals. Its not like Son cannot score on penalties, he does it for his national team. Kane just gets the nod since he is our striker and has been taking it before Son came to Tottenham.

Oh of course. It's just tiresome when he keeps leaving them out to make Kane's stats look worse.

I think his head has finally clicked back into gear.
Great performance today all said.
He sniffs champions league football again now and it’s put a spring in his step.
If he can take this kind of form forwards, I wouldn’t bet against this being another 20 goal season even with his atrocious early season form.

Back
Top Bottom