Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hardly think it has anything to do with him going to watch a bit of golf for fucks sake. He has the odd bad game and we as a TEAM have been rubbish since the Villa game. You can include Son and Kulusevski in that.

It's amusing how much some people really try to clutch at straws here.
Yes, the whole team was crap so its unfair to put it solely on him. But him going overseas in the first place to play/watch golf gave us a reason to scapegoat him.

Wow, it's quiet round these parts. It's a good thing that meanie sammyspurs sammyspurs is gone. Wouldn't want his nonsense interfering with all the conversations going on in here.

Hey KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy we seem to have a narrative building, HK is carrying an injury now. As you've said, when he does well it's the singular genius of 'the greatest striker in the land' and when he's shit there are endless excuses.

We saw last night a striker that leads his team to big things. Will HK be able to get past his 'new injuries' to help with that?

I never thought he was as unreal after,that injury no matter what the stats.
That was also the first game where a team setup to deny space to him when he dropped. Diaz was ill-disciplined but it was pretty clear that was Gerrard's intent. The next game was BHA with a more disciplined MF and it worked. Both correlations but which is truly causative? And in what proportion? One we have evidence for one and the other is conjecture.

He's not injured. The whenever he's bad he must be carrying an injury stuff is relentlessly boring and has been persistent since before the World Cup. It's the same with other players too, apparently De Bruyne must be injured because he was poor vs Madrid. Sometimes players just have bad games and look off the pace.

He's not injured. The whenever he's bad he must be carrying an injury stuff is relentlessly boring and has been persistent since before the World Cup. It's the same with other players too, apparently De Bruyne must be injured because he was poor vs Madrid. Sometimes players just have bad games and look off the pace.
Oh My God Wow GIF

He's still the goat, the greatest striker who ever did live, the goldenboy, the Hurrikane, the man of all our dreams, don't worry!
No need to reassure me, my man, as I know this is just a temporary bit of insanity on your part. The folks you should be concerned about are those from whom you will lose street cred (Sammy in disguise?).

I noticed you were particularly bent outta shape about RM's progression. Was it the mere sight of Benz breaking folk's spirits (did you OB?) or the realization that we have failed in so many semis and finals for exactly the lack of a winner like that?

Or was it the concern that City may just realize their lack of an English #9 led to their downfall when it mattered most AND we won't have CL next season which would constitute 3 full seasons out of the CL for HK in his prime?

No need to reassure me, my man, as I know this is just a temporary bit of insanity on your part. The folks you should be concerned about are those from whom you will lose street cred (Sammy in disguise?).

I noticed you were particularly bent outta shape about RM's progression. Was it the mere sight of Benz breaking folk's spirits (did you OB?) or the realization that we have failed in so many semis and finals for exactly the lack of a winner like that?

Or was it the concern that City may just realize their lack of an English #9 led to their downfall when it mattered most AND we won't have CL next season which would constitute 3 full seasons out of the CL for HK in his prime?

I even voted let Sammy out of the bin in that recent political poll thingy. The world has gone mad.

Nah, Benzema is class and deserves his place in the final but the refereeing irritated the living shit out of me. Adding 3 mins on when Madrid wasted about 7 and a whole bunch of weird calls for fouls, including penalising Foden for being fouled! I don't like to see big CL games ruined like that.

I'm pretty calm regarding whether Kane goes or not. If they come in with a huge offer the club should take it and accept the rebuild process. Not interested in keeping a player against his will every season and getting the same saga, no matter how good he is.

He's looking a bit knackered at the moment, as if he's carrying knocks and isn't 100%. Still produced one moment of quality though which is the least you would expect from him, that helped us get a point in the end. If we sign another striker and could give him a game off here and there I think he and us would really benefit.

Last edited:
He's looking a bit cream crackered at the moment, as if he's carrying knocks and isn't 100%. Still produced one moment of quality though which is the least you would expect from him, that helped us get a point in the end. If we sign another striker and could give him a game off here and there I think he and us would really benefit.
Translation:

When Kane plays like shit, it’s because he’s knackered or some other external factors unrelated to his talent or ability. When others play like shit, it’s because they’re shit, talentless or patchy. Kane is the greatest footballer to ever exist and had no weaknesses so if he’s shit, it’s not his fault.

Wow, it's quiet round these parts. It's a good thing that meanie sammyspurs sammyspurs is gone. Wouldn't want his nonsense interfering with all the conversations going on in here.

Hey KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy we seem to have a narrative building, HK is carrying an injury now. As you've said, when he does well it's the singular genius of 'the greatest striker in the land' and when he's shit there are endless excuses.

We saw last night a striker that leads his team to big things. Will HK be able to get past his 'new injuries' to help with that?
Been extremely quiet in here the last several weeks. Since it’s a sin to criticize Kane, all we see are excuses from the usual Kane fans and Kane apologists. It’s actually quite amusing to see how delusional they are.

If 9G and 6A in his last 14 games is him being shit then it just shows how good he is, which makes your whole argument quite embarrassing.
Lol “last 14 games”

The argument is whether he’s close to being the best striker or player in the world which some delusional fans keep beating the drum on. Or whether Spurs would be nothing or a below mid table team without him.

He hasn’t even been the best SPURS player over the last 4 seasons. You need to be the best player on a team that’s finished outside the top 4 for the last couple seasons to be considered as one of the best players in the game.

Don’t get me wrong. Kane is still a good player. Just a player that’s been in a serious decline and a player that is now our weakest link in our front 3.

Been extremely quiet in here the last several weeks. Since it’s a sin to criticize Kane, all we see are excuses from the usual Kane fans and Kane apologists. It’s actually quite amusing to see how delusional they are.
Very quiet. Shit, even Raumy is out here 'seeing reason'. And TylerB dropping milquetoasty apologia about being tired. How the mighty have fallen.

Don't really know what they expected considering that since the Villa game teams have focused on him. Beyond that, though I predicted it, it wasn't really too hard to figure that he'd have another very quiet game vs VVD and Konate (or any of Liverpool's athletic and physical CBs). Would like to hear Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow 's take on that. He suggested Kane would better anyone on his day but I doubted that and said we'd see in a few weeks. We saw, quiet day. There's a reason for that and our supporters, even folks as clued in as him, would do well to understand why.

The other reason for his quiet evening was what you've been suggesting for so long and that relates to his big game 'performances'. And I think this is what is really grinding Deuterz Deuterz 's gears. He likes them stats and realizes we ain't winning shit without getting some winning mentality from our supposed leaders. It must have been quite tough for Beech Beech and Herr Deuterz to watch Benz do his thing...again.

Very quiet. Shit, even Raumy is out here 'seeing reason'. And TylerB dropping milquetoasty apologia about being tired. How the mighty have fallen.

Don't really know what they expected considering that since the Villa game teams have focused on him. Beyond that, though I predicted it, it wasn't really too hard to figure that he'd have another very quiet game vs VVD and Konate (or any of Liverpool's athletic and physical CBs). Would like to hear Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow 's take on that. He suggested Kane would better anyone on his day but I doubted that and said we'd see in a few weeks. We saw, quiet day. There's a reason for that and our supporters, even folks as clued in as him, would do well to understand why.

The other reason for his quiet evening was what you've been suggesting for so long and that relates to his big game 'performances'. And I think this is what is really grinding Deuterz Deuterz 's gears. He likes them stats and realizes we ain't winning shit without getting some winning mentality from our supposed leaders. It must have been quite tough for Beech Beech and Herr Deuterz to watch Benz do his thing...again.

So tough .. I hate Benzema so much.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

Back
Top Bottom