Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely gutted but the pragmatist in me had a hunch. As much as it pains to say, think this was for the best for the long-term future of the club.

Given his friendship with Tom Brady and how much he idolises him, I'd not be the least bit surprised if Harry thinks he can go off and win some titles, come back in 2 years on a pretty penny and play on to the PL record and beyond. Bayern will go deep in the CL but are too far off Real and City to win it while he's there imo.
Let's hear your point/s of disagreement then, Mercurial.

Said from the start, there is a great chance Ange builds a better team without Kane.

Now we can get 11 players that sprint and press like machines in big games.

Kane played well in some big games but didn't show up in any of the biggest.

That only make sense if we use the money quickly to buy several more players who fit what Ange needs. Right now it’s a downgrade.

I can accept the club might have to sell as he has just one year but this close to the season starting is putting Ange in a difficult position.

Good luck to him but all that should ever matter to Spurs fans is Spurs.

Maybe some posters might go back to supporting the club and not one player.

The cycle is over. Let's see if we can be even more able over time. .

That only make sense if we use the money quickly to buy several more players who fit what Ange needs. Right now it’s a downgrade.

I can accept the club might have to sell as he has just one year but this close to the season starting is putting Ange in a difficult position.
Do we need "several"? Vlahovic and a centre back and we are sorted.

A top CB, maybe Tapsoba or Silva then a striker who Ange wants be it Orban or whoever. I think Ally Gold said we want 3 a CB, midfielder and striker. The Kane and if he is sold Hojbjerg money should pay for these but we need to get them in.

The team becomes the Kane replacement now.

Also, the pressure is now off the team whilst it builds.

Nobody is expecting anything from Spurs now. Except for one thing and that is the football being enjoyable again.

But underneath it, Ange is the first manager since Poch where I can actually see the competitive fire is still in his eyes. Jose and Conte are both already too cynical to do anything at an underdog club like Spurs and were brought in to keep Harry happy instead of spending money on established stars to help him win.

A top CB, maybe Tapsoba or Silva then a striker who Ange wants be it Orban or whoever. I think Ally Gold said we want 3 a CB, midfielder and striker. The Kane and if he is sold Hojbjerg money should pay for these but we need to get them in.
I think we'll bring in some more players, just can't see it being Tapsoba. My money is on Schuurs, and probably Orban

I effectively named my boy after the bloke so it's def a sad day but ultimately Harry wanted to go so I won't stay sad for long.

Better it was done now than deadline day. Better it was done deadline day than next summer.

Still excited about the season. Ange is the perfect guy to lead us through this. Have some lovely young talents who we can hopefully watch shine.

COYS

Disappointing to lose him without winning a trophy with us, but his choice. Has been a great player for us but we have a good set of players and a very decent manager to believe in going forward.

The one saving grace with all of this is at least he won't have the opportunity in the near future to be playing for Man Utd/Chelsea/City etc.

Best be changing my Avatar! 😆

I effectively named my boy after the bloke so it's def a sad day but ultimately Harry wanted to go so I won't stay sad for long.

Better it was done now than deadline day. Better it was done deadline day than next summer.

Still excited about the season. Ange is the perfect guy to lead us through this. Have some lovely young talents who we can hopefully watch shine.

COYS
You could always say you named him after Winks ??

COYS

I said the same thing to my boy , Tanguy

Yeah, let's see SSN & Sky Italia start a 24 hour rolling news campaign to get Vlahovic to Spurs....
"HE HAS TO LEAVE JUVE! WE won't rest until he's out of there, and at Spurs!"

Last I saw, they were too busy touting him off to Chelsea!

Be interesting to see if Son now thrives again as effectively the main man, or continues last season's decline.... After all, that was WITH Kane by his side! He still struggled... as did the other 10 to get fair!

....while we're on the subject, I know he's only doing his job, but I hate the way Fabrizio Romano has effectively 'TM'd' the transfers with his 'HERE WE GO' catchphrase!

It's worse than the Paul Hollywood handshake, or Simon Cowell standing up and applauding as justification of something being any good...
You bet I'm annoyed this morning!

Disappointing to lose him without winning a trophy with us, but his choice. Has been a great player for us but we have a good set of players and a very decent manager to believe in going forward.

The one saving grace with all of this is at least he won't have the opportunity in the near future to be playing for Man Utd/Chelsea/City etc.

Best be changing my Avatar! 😆
It's more disappointing to NOT have won a trophy WITH him!!
#Semantics

Back
Top Bottom