Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane goes but for less than Caicedo.

Don't care about the age difference nor that he had one year left on his deal, really feels like we've been bullied into this.

Hopefully they'll move quick and announce a new signing or two later today. As it stands we will be nothing this season.

As for Kane I don’t hate him and don’t begrudge him for leaving, but he’s effectively dead to me now.

Got to say I am the opposite. Just the flip side of football. Players come and go ultimately for them it’s a job. Essentially they get sacked or they get head hunted.

Will be keeping an eye out on Bayern’s scores and will hope he does well in the CL. If I see him around the Wentworth area will be happy to tell him I think he’s a Tottenham legend.

(He’s never going to be my favourite Spurs player but definitely one of the best I’ve ever seen play in our colours)

Thanks for the memories Harry.

Now I’m hoping young Dane can step up this season and start a stellar Spurs career of his own.

I think it is unfair to start proposing this player or that to replace HK. He is a one of a kind who is impossible to replace. Richarleson was probably meant to be that ‘bedded in’ striker but despite being Brazils CF we can all see he will never be up to it. Neither would Lukaku, Calvet-Lewin, Martinez, Muani, Johnson, Vlahovic, David or anyone. So we have to hope that the sum of Ange’s parts make us a better team without him

Gutted.

Went to bed last night still hoping that he may decide not to go, sign an extension with us and buy into the Ange era. Really thought I would be OK with it when announced, but quite sad about it as it becomes more obvious he is going.

I think it is because watching him from the stands from day 1 and hearing about him even before he kicked a ball for the 1st team, from those in the know, he kind of became a homegrown talisman. The whole "ONE SEASON WONDER" tag, just made it even funnier being able to throw it back in the faces of rival supporters.

In the Stands watching Bale, Gascoigne, Hoddle ( my personal fave), Ardiles and so on.. There will be new favourites come along. We are Spurs not a single figurehead.

Best of luck to him if this is what he wants, though I am still surprised he has chosen this path. Just glad he hasn't gone to Chelski end of the Season, that would be beyond painful.

Just hope our lot don't screw up the Money and that we bring in the correct and quality players we need.

Anyway Season starts today... COYS

Such things are pure fantasy tbh, a bit like swap deals.

However I do think he will be back at Spurs before his career ends.
We had one for Bale I believe , any way as others have said it’s time to move on , i don’t hold any grudges as he was a loyal servant and he could have easily run his contract down and went to any club.
I just hope Levy uses this money in addition to what has already been spent , a new era begins at Spurs on Sunday , let’s make it a good one! :ange-arms:

Kane goes but for less than Caicedo.

Don't care about the age difference nor that he had one year left on his deal, really feels like we've been bullied into this.

Hopefully they'll move quick and announce a new signing or two later today. As it stands we will be nothing this season.
Just saw that too....

Don't get me wrong, both amounts are ludicrous, but the timing (48 hours before we kick off the season) is SHOCKING!

Blame Levy all you want, but he was only holding out BECAUSE Bayern kept upping their bids by a relative pittance... and taking their time to do it.

Offer the amount in late July and we're in business, with plenty of time to find a replacement or work out a Plan B.

...and in the meantime, Kane is playing (and scoring) in friendlies, apparently the model professional....
Bollocks!

The model professional already KNOWS if he's leaving, so why not be the professional , step aside and maybe let someone ELSE take a penalty last week, just to see IF we have another pen taker in our squad who we'll now NEED to take them, cos you already decided to leave....

The mini bounce and hand to the ground goal celebration he did last Sunday seemed half hearted at best, and blatantly telling at worst!

This is not as bad as Sol Campbell, based on the fact we have money for him, AND he hasn't gone down the road... (but I guess it coulda become that nightmare scenario again NEXT season had he stayed) so at least he's spared us THAT!

... but it still fucking hurts!

The money others are spending, it's truly frightening.

I can't see us getting anywhere near the top of the table again whilst the Tight Ones are in charge.

Surely even the most ardent Levy supporter can now accept that we're going nowhere under their ownership?

Nobody thinks we're any good anymore, indeed once Harry leaves the media will act as if we don't even exist.

We're a footballing irrelevance now.

I feel for Ange, I really do.

Best of luck to him. I’m sad to see him leave but I’m also sad for him, the Bundesliga is a big step down from the PL and unless he wins the CL (which he may well do) I think the trophies he wins there will not mean much.

That it’s come to this is just another illustration of Levy’s failure as a football chairman. Despite spending hundreds of millions of pounds on players and managers he has not been able to build a team that is anywhere close to Kane’s level. We need a new chairman if we are ever going to achieve anything because the one we have now is a wimp who knows nothing about football.

He's still got his medical to complete... (or is that all done too?)

Come on 'Glass ankles' ...don't let me down now .. where are you when we need you most???!

That it’s come to this is just another illustration of Levy’s failure as a football chairman. Despite spending hundreds of millions of pounds on players and managers he has not been able to build a team that is anywhere close to Kane’s level. We need a new chairman if we are ever going to achieve anything because the one we have now is a wimp who knows nothing about football.
The worst thing is that I THINK he thinks he knows about football....

His only saving grace was that he's better than Alan Sugar (who to be fair, nearly killed us!)
But at least Sugar had an FA Cup win on his watch!

Back
Top Bottom