Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Kane once again breaks records and wins nothing, other than personal plaudits, what will it prove or mean?

Diddly squat is the answer, other than maybe it wasn't us.

Best chance for the glory that surely would have mattered most, he never showed up. Painful truth.

If Kane once again breaks records and wins nothing, other than personal plaudits, what will it prove or mean?

Diddly squat is the answer, other than maybe it wasn't us.

Best chance for the glory that surely would have mattered most, he never showed up. Painful truth.

Bitter and sad.

He’s an incredible footballer and we are insanely lucky that he played for us for so long.

I have no doubt whatsoever he will win things, the fact he hasn’t is pure bad luck, and he will retire as the greatest English striker to ever do it.

Bitter and sad.

He’s an incredible footballer and we are insanely lucky that he played for us for so long.

I have no doubt whatsoever he will win things, the fact he hasn’t is pure bad luck, and he will retire as the greatest English striker to ever do it.

Incredible yes. No dispute. Biggest games and the most crucial?

It's the one stick that's left to beat him with really. But I have no doubt he will score in plenty of big games for both Bayern and England going forward. If he gets to another final with England then hopefully Southgate actually gives him a chance and doesn't try to defend a one goal lead for 80 minutes next time, as he did against Italy.

The likes of Haaland and Henry never turn/turned much in the big games, they didn’t need to as others carried them at the crucial moments. Football is a squad game unless you are Messi or Maradona then it’s unlikely you alone will win something by yourself. Kane’s situation is a combination of poor career decisions and out and out bad luck, doesn’t change how elite he is ability wise.

It's the one stick that's left to beat him with really. But I have no doubt he will score in plenty of big games for both Bayern and England going forward. If he gets to another final with England then hopefully Southgate actually gives him a chance and doesn't try to defend a one goal lead for 80 minutes next time, as he did against Italy.

Not a stick mate. Just the reality until it isn't.

He is lucky sort of that nobody is there to even get close to usurping him, at club or country.

So yes, he may get more opportunities.

Last edited:
Not a stick mate. Just the reality until it isn't.

He is lucky sort of that nobodt is there to even get close to usurping him, at club or country.

So yes, he may get more opportunities.

Yeah, I'm not saying you are personally. It's just a figure of speech. But the two finals that instantly spring to mind, one he wasn't even fit for, and the other his team-mates didn't give him a kick.

If Bayern had our goalie, defence and midfield then H would be in dreamland. Very pleased he’s getting goals and CL football, but if only there was a team next season that had… our goalie, defence and midfield…

:ange-bored2:

Still boggles my mind that some thought the right thing to do was sell him. For what just to get your season tickets increased the season after. Wonder where we'd be right now with him in this squad.

What a boneheaded statement, this thread is the pits man 🤦‍♀️
Common Sense Monkey GIF by Travis

without Maddison or VDV most likely.

That is basically why we are a top 6 side and not a potentially league winning team. We have to sell Kane to fund a lot of our outlay, same with Bale. Until we are in a position to keep elite players and also buy elite players we will always be a bit short when it really matters. Hoping longer term with the stadium revenue and FFP finally being meaningful we can start to move inn that direction.

Back
Top Bottom