Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's somewhat sad for Rooney that he never played under a decent England manager when he still was a great player, I think the 25 year old Rooney would do pretty good in the current England team, he still managed to score 53 goals for England though.

I think when he was at his best he went into a World Cup with a metatarsal injury. Still scored a cracker from memory. Pretty mediocre in most tournaments though. I’d rate Owen above him when it comes to England matches.

Kane’s barely getting started and he’s already been a top scorer at a World Cup. He’s going to smash records. He wasn’t even playing all that well in the summer.

I think when he was at his best he went into a World Cup with a metatarsal injury. Still scored a cracker from memory. Pretty mediocre in most tournaments though. I’d rate Owen above him when it comes to England matches.
I wouldn't say that it's only the managers fault, but even one of the most gifted midfielders to have ever played for England, Scholes, looked pretty average on many occasions for England, I think Rooney would've done much better under a good manager and in a system that actually suits the players.

I wouldn't say that it's only the managers fault, but even one of the most gifted midfielders to have ever played for England, Scholes, looked pretty average on many occasions for England, I think Rooney would've done much better under a good manager and in a system that actually suits the players.

I don’t think Scholes ever cared about England. I remember reading an interview where they asked him why he stopped playing for England at such a young age and he said ‘because I didn’t need to’.

I don’t think Scholes ever cared about England. I remember reading an interview where they asked him why he stopped playing for England at such a young age and he said ‘because I didn’t need to’.
I dunno, I can imagine that he got very frustrated with the incompetence he saw from most of the managers he played under for England, especially if you play in a very good and well-organized United side under Sir Alex at club level.

i love him so much
tenor.gif

Kane’s barely getting started and he’s already been a top scorer at a World Cup. He’s going to smash records. He wasn’t even playing all that well in the summer.
IIRC that was under Hodgson ?
If so, I said at the time that as we had no chance of winning it Hodgson, and as he basically had a free pass, he should have left at home;
Rooney - injured for 3 games
Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, etc as none of them would be around for the next one, giving the younger players experience of a World Cup.

IIRC that was under Hodgson ?
If so, I said at the time that as we had no chance of winning it Hodgson, and as he basically had a free pass, he should have left at home;
Rooney - injured for 3 games
Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, etc as none of them would be around for the next one, giving the younger players experience of a World Cup.

Think it was Hodgson.

I guess we pretty much did that in the Euros. Gave a lot of young players the chance to experience a big tournament.

Both guys were in many ways further casualties of the decade long Lampard-Gerrard nightmare.

Both guys were in many ways further casualties of the decade long Lampard-Gerrard nightmare.

England’s suffered from shit managers for years. I still think that if Hoddle had built his England team around Le Tissier we would have potentially won something. Same goes for Sven to some extent, though I appreciate that it wouldn’t have been easy having Le Tissier and Gazza in the same side.

England’s suffered from shit managers for years. I still think that if Hoddle had built his England team around Le Tissier we would have potentially won something. Same goes for Sven to some extent, though I appreciate that it wouldn’t have been easy having Le Tissier and Gazza in the same side.
I think if Hoddle hadn't said what he said, he would have been successful with England

The single craziest stat in human history is Shaun Wright-Phillips having more England caps than Michael Carrick

The single craziest stat in human history is Shaun Wright-Phillips having more England caps than Michael Carrick

Christ, really?

I can kind of understand the dilemma with Gerrard and Lampard. Two great players (hate saying that about Lampard). Gerrard for me was a must start, but would have been so much more successful with Carrick alongside him.

The best players don’t always make the best team, and all that.

Christ, really?

I can kind of understand the dilemma with Gerrard and Lampard. Two great players (hate saying that about Lampard). Gerrard for me was a must start, but would have been so much more successful with Carrick alongside him.

The best players don’t always make the best team, and all that.

The managers were never brave enough to drop one or the other. And ultimately, Scholes - and possible English success - was the casualty.

Back
Top Bottom