Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well of course.
I don't know about Shearer but I seem to recall about 20 of Rooney's goals were against minnows or borderline minnows. It's just the nature of international football.

Exactly. Most of England's opponents would be classified as minnows and the vast majority of national teams can be classified as weak. So it's only natural that a lot of the goals someone scores would be against inferior opposition.

Well of course.
I don't know about Shearer but I seem to recall about 20 of Rooney's goals were against minnows or borderline minnows. It's just the nature of international football.
Was only good in one international tournament as well the first Euros when he was 18 .

Deadly serious here, love the lad. sure he will never be the number 9 we always dream about, but he is naturally more of a number 10. Had a great loan spell in 11/12 at Milwall. I would love to see him get a fair bit of time off the bench this season, get used to Premier League football.

My HK posts in the Transfer discussion thread got me around 20 Funny ratings and 1 agree. Just you wait.

Just you wait.
Quick flashback to possibly the best prediction ever made on TFC

What a massive salty wanker he sounds like. As if Shearer didn't score against bottom teams or even Rooney

Hope Kane tells him to fuck off next time he sees the jug-eared bottox prick
stolen -

Bobby Charlton scored 5 of his 49 v Luxembourg (3 came in a 9-0 victory), 16 v the other home nations, hat-tricks in an 8-0 friendly v Mexico and an 8-1 friendly v USA, another one v USA in a 10-0 win

Here's Shearer's record for England:

And here's Kane's:

It can be argued that around half of Shearer's goals are against really weak opposition while the same could be said about two thirds of Kane's goals. I don't think it's such a great difference.

Lineker's comment was unwarranted in any case.
IMO - Whats probably happened is he was probably slaughtered on Twitter when he congratulated Rooney, all saying the same thing. He has decided to cut this off at the source and its come across salty. I listen to Lineker a fair bit and he loves Kane.

IMO - Whats probably happened is he was probably slaughtered on Twitter when he congratulated Rooney, all saying the same thing. He has decided to cut this off at the source and its come across salty. I listen to Lineker a fair bit and he loves Kane.
Shearer also claims to 'love' him but probably also secretly hoping he never breaks his PL record

Worth noting Shearer practically always played in a front two and had nothing to do regards creating anything for others bar perhaps a knock down. Kane creates and scores on a regular basis, in my opinion Kane is the far superior footballer, but Shearer had much more physicality and perhaps faster. Shearer's bullishness was a massive part of his game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom