Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree but if Kane actively wants to leave, whilst we would be totally within our right to hold him to his contract, I'm not sure keeping a potentially unmotivated player is a great thing.
None of us know Kane's mindset and for me that's a key part. If he feels he is too good for the club then do we want a player who feels he is above us? He is world class, obviously, but no player is bigger than the club

If he demands a transfer the club will sell BUT there has to be an initial bid >130m to even get the conversation started - Kane is well aware of that, so now it's down to money-bags City.

26a9e823715249.563279e7df783.gif

Whatever happens, just don't shit on Harry Kane. He's been fantastic for this club and always gave everything. Sometimes, you have to accept these things and move on. No holding grudges or hating him for leaving.

Whatever happens, just don't shit on Harry Kane. He's been fantastic for this club and always gave everything. Sometimes, you have to accept these things and move on. No holding grudges or hating him for leaving.

Long as he doesn’t refuse to train or such I don’t think that will happen.

The ball is in City’s court, they need to pay the 180-200m for his 3 year contract for one of the worlds best players. If City really want him they will pay, if they offer 100-120m then clearly they don’t really want him. Kane needs to accept that.

Long as he doesn’t refuse to train or such I don’t think that will happen.

The ball is in City’s court, they need to pay the 180-200m for his 3 year contract for one of the worlds best players. If City really want him they will pay, if they offer 100-120m then clearly they don’t really want him. Kane needs to accept that.

100%.

Pay the rate and if they do that equates to 75 million pound per year (all in) for a 28 year old.

Kane is good but no way worth 75 million pound year all in.

But we are not a charity so fcuk City.

100%.

Pay the rate and if they do thst equates to 75 million pound per year for a 28 year old.

Kane is good but no way worth 75 million pound year all in.

But we are not a charity so fcuk City.

Way I look at it Chelsea, PSG, Man City are the oil baron clubs who inflated the whole market so if we are looking to buy players to replace Kane we need massive money because of the inflated market they created.

If Ben White is £50m and Grealish is £100m then Kane justifies £200m. He provided more goals and assists then any other player, is home grown, elite prem proven striker, about as rare as you can get. We have a 3 year deal and we need serious money to replace his quality so City need to pay up.

Citeh can moan about this all they want. The situation with Kane is all of there own making. They've continually over paid for players since the abu dhabi Express rolled into town. 50 million for Kyle Walker then Kanes with every penny of the 200 million we need to ask for. Remember FFP doesn't apply to Citeh.

Totally agree. I’m in the “don’t sell Kane” camp, but if City are truly adamant they want him, we rinse them for every penny they have. You give us 170 mil or you don’t get him. The 100 mil quote Harry gave in the Neville interview is laughable. If Sancho is going for 85 mil, then Kane is worth double that.

Way I look at it Chelsea, PSG, Man City are the oil baron clubs who inflated the whole market so if we are looking to buy players to replace Kane we need massive money because of the inflated market they created.

If Ben White is £50m and Grealish is £100m then Kane justifies £200m. He provided more goals and assists then any other player, is home grown, elite prem proven striker, about as rare as you can get. We have a 3 year deal and we need serious money to replace his quality so City need to pay up.
Think the club know that they are on to a winner here because 200m would help fill the coffers after covid.
The club won't reinvest all that back into the squad so from their angle they are laughing.

Totally agree. I’m in the “don’t sell Kane” camp, but if City are truly adamant they want him, we rinse them for every penny they have. You give us 170 mil or you don’t get him. The 100 mil quote Harry gave in the Neville interview is laughable. If Sancho is going for 85 mil, then Kane is worth double that.

We would look like total mugs selling Kane for anything short of £150m IMO.

Think the club know that they are on to a winner here because 200m would help fill the coffers after covid.
The club won't reinvest all that back into the squad so from their angle they are laughing.

They may do that but that would be about the worst thing the club could do.

If we sold Kane for £180m say and we got say Damsgaard £40m, Ings £35m, Vlahovic £50m, Lacroix £30m and possibly Kessie even on top of Bryan Gil, Romero and Tomiyasu we would complete our rebuild and show to fans that while Kane is gone the club is ready to improve.

If however we sell Kane and get just Ings and leave it at that we will send a signal that this club has zero ambition other than to exist.

I can accept selling Kane for the right price, I can’t accept not using that as an opportunity to fix every part of the squad.

We'd be nuts to sell Kane now. 2 weeks before the start of the season. Unless they get the money we need for him and have 2 strikers ready to sign straight away. For me theres just not enough time to get them over the line and it will impact the start of the season

I think the important point here is not so much that he wants to leave but the fact that he feels he HAS to leave simply because the club can't deliver and has fucked up on numerous occasions when presented with a chance to do so.

The sad thing is this. To fix the squad we need to sell Kane for big money but then we lose our most talented player. This is why we don’t win things because clubs with greater money/resources can fix their squads without selling their best players unless they are Liverpool who know how to spend money well and that’s the point, we have to do a Liverpool and use the cash as best as possible.

Back
Top Bottom