Harry Redknapp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No we didn't. Tim got the job based on him being Redknapp's assistant and then our technical director and U21 manager.

The game has passed 'Arry by way more than it has Jose. And unlike some I don't think that Harry's lax man management style will respond with the players. It's not enough to just "go out there and have a run around".

So your saying the gamble would be that we don't win any games under Redknapp because he is passed it? Well I don't see us winning many more under Mourinho.

Taking someone as a stop gap until we can make a proper appointment in the summer is not a gamble, that's if the wheels continue to fall off in upcoming games.

1 or 0 points from the next two games and a lot of people are going to agree with me.

We gave Tim Sherwood the job in the same way, and I can't see how this would be more risky.

What is the massive gamble, that we don't finish in the top 4? At the current rate we won't be finishing in the top 10.
U wot m8?

Not even closely comparable.

There are ''caretaker'' type managers out there we could get who are still working. Plenty of them.

So your saying the gamble would be that we don't win any games under Redknapp because he is passed it? Well I don't see us winning many more under Mourinho.

Taking someone as a stop gap until we can make a proper appointment in the summer is not a gamble, that's if the wheels continue to fall off in upcoming games.

1 or 0 points from the next two games and a lot of people are going to agree with me.
Then get someone who is actively involved with football in instead. Not a TV show guest and dubious landlord that has not worked in football for 7 years.

People said that replacing Jose with someone like Eddie Howe would be showing a lack of ambition. Replacing him with long since retired Harry Redknapp would be showing negative ambition.

IF Jose was to be replaced with Harry Redknapp I heavily suspect that our big name players would request to leave in the summer.

Also, isn't Harry Redknapp quite unwell?

And his wife also?

Let sleeping dogs lie.
At least Eddie Howe (not saying that he is who we should replace Jose with in a scenario where he leaves) is a young manager with potential to grow.

Harry is long since retired. Let him be that.

I take the point Redknapp would not be a progressive step and is not a statement of intent to our players like Kane and Son, but I know he would have them playing football again.

Short term, for me, I'd still have HR over Benitez or Hiddink if Mourinho gets the push soon.

Hasenhuttl is my first choice but can't see him leaving mid season when Southampton are going well.

I take the point Redknapp would not be a progressive step and is not a statement of intent to our players like Kane and Son, but I know he would have them playing football again.

For me, I'd still have him over Benitez or Hiddink if Mourinho got the push soon.
I'm sure you're already aware, but Hiddink has 6 League Titles and a European Cup to his name.

Don't think Redknapp is the answer, however a younger version of him to put arms round the players and let them enjoy playing would be.
Don't think Hiddink is either. Since leaving Chelsea 5 years ago has managed 6 games for China Under 21s and that is it, at least Redknapp would have had his eye on the Premier League, and still in contact with players, Hiddink wouldn't have.

Assuming we would go for a stop gap rather than permanent, Eddie Howe or Benitez are probably the best immediately available.

This would be one of the worse things that we could do. And it won't happen. But then I said Mourinho was one of the worse things that we could do and it wouldn't happen so wtf do I know. Perhaps we can get him in until the end of the season then George Graham in from next season?

It's nothing to do with age. Hiddink is older.

He hasn't properly managed in 7 years.

We talk about the game passing Jose Mourinho by, but don't think it would have passed by a Loose Women guest?

This is all wishful thinking.

Since Spurs he failed epically at both QPR and Birmingham.

Even when he was still in football, he was waning.

Dude is advertising jam roly polys on the telly now.
No I don't think it has passed Harry by for one reason only...he was never really up on it to begin with. His feelosssofee if he had one is best expressed by Michael Caine in the Italian job..."Your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" He will put round pegs in round holes attack his oponents mark properly at set peices and convince Harry Winks he's Glenn Hoddle. Who was it said its a simple game complicated by fools?

We don't need as much work as tactically you would think, as he is not a long term hire. Sammy and Mrs P are hell bent on us playing a W-M formation but that's for next season. For now the eleven players we put out against Brighton were better than theres this is all Harry would instill.

Back
Top Bottom