Harry Redknapp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tricks Of The Mind
'Arry didn't stop talking there, however; not by a long shot. Instead he spoke of his fond memories of Rio Ferdinand after the defender's retirement.

'I signed Rio as a 14-year-old and it doesn't seem like 10 minutes ago that I was sitting in the dressing room with him and his mate Tony McFarlane at West Ham's training ground,' Redknapp wrote.

'They came together, two kids from South London. Me and Frank Lampard Sr were chatting to them and they were asking us questions like 'What do the players eat before they play?' 'What boots does Di Canio wear?' 'How do they warm up?'.

Okay, so where to start with this? Firstly, Rio originally joined West Ham as an 11-year-old rather than at 14. However, even if we take that as a semantic misunderstanding things get a little murky.

Rio Ferdinand didn't turn 15 until November 7 1993, so we will assume that this anecdote happened in 1993 at some point. Why on earth was Rio asking about Paolo Di Canio's boots when the Italian was playing for Juventus and Napoli that year?

In fact, Di Canio didn't join West Ham until 1999, when Ferdinand was 20 and had made 75 appearances for the club. Are we to believe he was still starstruck then?

HARRY REDKNAPP has accused Tottenham's transfer business of being a disaster since he left the club.

Redknapp (@Redknapp) says Spurs have wasted the £120m from the sales of Gareth Bale and Luka Modric and hinted they have gone backwards over the past two years.

The former Tottenham boss admits he is a huge fan of current manager Mauricio Pochettino but says the team is being carried by youngsters rather than big-money signings.

Redknapp said: "Tottenham have been a major disappointment since I left.

"I had two top four finishes, we finished fourth twice and should have finished higher in all honesty.

"I thought if we had bought a striker in the last year at Christmas we’d have been very close, I think, to the top. We didn’t invest in a striker at that time. It’s difficult, that top four is difficult.

"But this year, if you talk Tottenham, it’s been a disappointing year for Tottenham.

"I’m a big fan of the manager, I like him very much but if you look at the team this year it certainly don’t excite you.

"They’ve been carried by three or four of the kids who have done really well. The signings, almost to a man, have been a disaster.

"All that £120m or whatever they spent from Bale and Modric has been pretty much wasted really."

STFU and grow Old gracefully..

1ec6fb5195f1fea8d57438316b79192d.jpg

It's funny because it's both so correct and contradictory. He did finish fourth twice. But should have done better than that, so he did underachieve.

We did spend the transfer money poorly, on Harry's crack-brained ideas and under Baldini. But of the 3 or 4 young kids who saved our season, two or three would actually be transfers (Eriksen, Chadli and arguably Lamela). And yes, Pochettino is a good manager.

So he's right, but also trying to not admit that a lot of that is negatively reflecting on him.

I don't have any issue with anything he wrote there to be honest.... I'm not a fan of how he handled himself when he was at Spurs, or how he continually self-preserves, but I dont see a single fallacy there.....

Instead of spouting on about how brilliant he did for us and how we've gone backwards since he left, he ought to concentrate on explaining as to why he jumped ship at QPR when they looked nailed on to go down.
One of the biggest acts of cowardice in football.
If they were in mid table and managed to reach a cup final, do you think he would have complained about a poorly knee then and quit the club? Would he fuck.

Instead of spouting on about how brilliant he did for us and how we've gone backwards since he left, he ought to concentrate on explaining as to why he jumped ship at QPR when they looked nailed on to go down.
If they were in mid table and managed to reach a cup final, do you think he would have complained about a poorly knee then and quit the club? Would he fuck.
Spot on. Absolutely fucking nailed it there mate. :adethumbup:

Bang on, he has a history of quitting when he feels it may damage his reputation. Harry loves harry

He should just disappear quietly now. Yes, he did well for us, but he ruined it all by going public about his desire to manage England. That was never going to wash with Levy & when England didn't come off for him, & our season fell to bits (after the club had fully backed him through his fraud trial) he couldn't really expect any other outcome. It all sounds like a sad old man, bitter about getting sacked from a club he would happily have left had the FA come calling. I had a lot of time for Harry but seeing him cadge a living by having a sneaky pop at the club is out of order. His time at QPR was a disaster. It's a shame he won't admit that & talk about it publicly.

But his knee was fucked. He can hardly walk. Or play golf.

Some people are so unsympathetic.

Humility goes far, he did an amazing job for us only an idiot would say otherwise and while he is not wrong that we have been disappointing and our signing have been not that great the way this has been phrased this seems like an ego trip.

retire with dignity!

Humility goes far, he did an amazing job for us only an idiot would say otherwise and while he is not wrong that we have been disappointing and our signing have been not that great the way this has been phrased this seems like an ego trip.

retire with dignity!
Fuck Redknapp.

Both of 'em.

retire with dignity!
he's so butt hurt its hilarious

Back
Top Bottom