Harry Still At Spurs Next Season ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Harry Kane Still Be At Spurs Next Season ?

• He will definitely leave if Poch stays

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • He will definitely leave if Poch leaves

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • He will definitely stay if Poch stays

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He will definitely stay if Poch leaves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He will stay regardless of what happens, he loves the club.

Votes: 43 59.7%
  • He will leave regardless of what happens, he wants trophies.

Votes: 24 33.3%

• Total voters
I doubt hell leave, no club would pay the ammount required and I dont see him forcing the move out of lotalty. If he was offered a move I think its very possible hed leave but he simple wont be

If things carry on like this he will start to think, if he hasn’t already , that a managerial change is needed. Then it depends on who the new manager will be. If it’s a levy puppet eg houghton or Eddie Howe then he has to go and rightly so. If it’s a bigger name it might sway him to stay a few more seasons.
He is in his prime and he doesn’t need this bullshit. He won’t be playing champions league football next season, that’s going to be hard for him to take.
If Poch can’t turn this around, which is the way it’s looking, I think he will be gone in the summer. A manager like mourinho might sway him to stay. The football won’t be pretty but I think he would deliver us a trophy and Kane might stay. Let’s face it, the football has been shite for a long time now anyway.

I may have misheard, but I'm pretty sure that one of the guests on the Spurs Show podcast a week ago said that a source very close to the club told him that Harry wanted Poch out, or that if Poch stayed then Harry wanted to leave. I know that we hear new and more absurd rumours every day, and this could be nothing more than that. On the other hand, it may explain why Kane appears to be more invested and plays better for England that Spurs.

loose-leaf-tea-reading-in-cup.jpg

Those choices need to include results though. Staying if Poch stays is a different question if Poch is helping us win or if Poch continues to have muddled wrong headed team set ups like 5 out of 10 outfield players without a goal or assist to their name being defenders versus Watford.

Do you not think if Poch was offered another position he might be approached about trying to bring Harry with him ? That's why I offered so many choices. The huge question is just how does Harry feel regarding having Poch as his manager ? Would he follow him if he left, would he be glad to see him gone or doesn't it matter what happens ?.
As I said, I think he'll stay next season no matter what. After that is another story waiting to be written :thumbup:

I think for sure Harry will be here next season, whatever happens. But like Van Persie he will make sure he wins a trophy before he starts to decline, whether it’s with us or with another club.

Thinking he would leave and wanting him to are two entirely different matters. Watching how he has conducted himself following Poch's recent farcical contradictory statements regarding transfer windows and whether or not the club requires fresh blood gives a good insight. He has never commented on if he believes the quality already exists or whether he thinks new players are needed. This passive stance suggests to me that regardless of what happens concerning that or Poch's position as manager, Harry Kane will remain a Spurs player next season and I voted accordingly.
I am allowed to review the situation and based on current events I think he'll stay. Call it 'reassessing' or 'changing my mind' it doesn't really matter. That's how I feel at present.
PS
With regard to Poch Out, no matter what transpires over the next few weeks I shall not change my mind .

I didn't suggest you wanted HK to leave.

If you feel more positive about the situation then happy days.

I usually agree with you as you know but I think Harry has ambition and he's not getting younger. It will take a good few years to rebuild, especially with Levy in the driving seat and he may feel he just hasn't got the time to spare. Your premise is his love for the club. I hope to God you are right and I am completely and utterly wrong....Bejasus!!!
As per the thread title...I only refer to next season....after that I think if nothing changes he's gone.

TBH I want him to win a trophy or two, he deserves it but with current regime I can't see it happening.

He may end up Spurs and England highest ever goalscorer without a trophy.

"If you love me you'll let me go"

Last edited:
As per the thread title...I only refer to next season....after that I think if nothing changes he's gone.
I anticipate the offers coming in for next season if we don't improve this season. He's 26 and we know his ankle can be a problem. He was out for many months last time and he may start to think about what another serious injury could do. TBH, I'm worried.

Back
Top Bottom