Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you mean Winkito. "-inho" is Portuguese.
It would be Winkito. I actually wasn't equating him to a Spaniard (though I just realized the conversation above was about him being "Spanish" :sheepish look:). I just think it would be a clever name if he was known as our Winkinho piggy backing off of Scott).

It would be Winkito. I actually wasn't equating him to a Spaniard (though I just realized the conversation above was about him being "Spanish" :sheepish look:). I just think it would be a clever name if he was known as our Winkinho piggy backing off of Scott).

Ah ok.

I don't think our midfield has fond connotations with any "inho" players though
:avbshock::paulinhobored:

The most important English midfield player since Scholes; he doesn't just see the picture, he paints it. Mediocre opposition, but he plays exactly the same against everyone.

He's already lightyears ahead of Henderson, Drinkwater and the other national team midfielders in terms of ball retention and purposeful possession; Southgate should be looking to implement and cultivate a diamond consisting of Dier, Alli, Winks, and Barkley, with Walker and Rose providing the width from fullback and Kane + 1 up front.

The most important English midfield player since Scholes; he doesn't just see the picture, he paints it. Mediocre opposition, but he plays exactly the same against everyone.

He's already lightyears ahead of Henderson, Drinkwater and the other national team midfielders in terms of ball retention and purposeful possession; Southgate should be looking to implement and cultivate a diamond consisting of Dier, Alli, Winks, and Barkley, with Walker and Rose providing the width from fullback and Kane + 1 up front.
I love him as much as the next guy, but we've gotta be pretty careful with hyperbole like this.

We'd be mocking Woolwich fans if they were talking similarly about a player with the same number of league minutes under his belt...

Does anybody genuinely believe he has a chance of being called up to the spanish national team

Not in a million years.

But I also don't think the Spanish team would ever have called up the likes of Gerrard and Lampard either and they turned out to have some excellent careers.

It's been confirmed that he cannot actually play for Spain because it was his great grandparents who were Spanish.

IIt's the case of Winks is brilliant as an English talent but there are probably 10 or 20 Harry Winks' in the Spanish youth teams etc.

Last edited:
Winks is a good prospect and all, but some fans need to adjust their expectations. If you have a look on spurscommunity he's a mix of Modric/Xavi/Iniesta and already on par with Busquets passing-wise

Back
Top Bottom