Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He doesn’t have to!! If he can do it for Conference League matches and some early Cup rounds it’s a win.

PEH & Skipp can’t play every match
One day the brain surgeons who post on here will realise that even if we are 7th best team that means there are 13 worse teams than us in the EPL.

This claim of winks gives 100% stuff is not real at all. Theres a few clips on this thread in the past few weeks, where he just moves away from opponents and doesnt bother to track back with his 'who gives a shit attitude'. He only tries when he feels like trying.

This claim of winks gives 100% stuff is not real at all. Theres a few clips on this thread in the past few weeks, where he just moves away from opponents and doesnt bother to track back with his 'who gives a shit attitude'. He only tries when he feels like trying.

Same as every player on the planet - they're all cunts right Iz - especially the Spurs ones ......

Same as every player on the planet - they're all cunts right Iz - especially the Spurs ones ......
What a childish response. He’s absolutely correct about Winks switching off - chasing runners doesn’t come naturally to him, so he’s a complete liability unless you are 3-0 up playing keepball

Take look at yourselves. Some of you are so desperate to stand behind your ignorance and stand up for your tirades and insults, that you don't even have the humility to credit the guy when he has a good game - throughout the entire game.
That was the first time in 2 to 3 seasons where he has been played where and how he operates best.
So the same tired opinions come out, simply because some of you are too ignorant to understand his role.
He isn't a ball carrying attacking midfielder like Gazza, he is a link player (a water carrier to use Cantona's terminology) taking the ball from defence and feeding the more aggressive midfielders or forwards.
And he didn't stop performing that role for the whole 90 minutes.
Those of you stuck for insults then resort to the last ditch tactic of rather than grudgingly conceding that he had a good game - simply shit the level of the opposition.

And then congregate here to post mindless insults.
Sad

I said he had a good game. But that's one minor jewel in a crown riddled with cubic zirconia.

Do we want to carry such an average player or do we aspire not just to get in the top four but win the PL? If we're quite happy playing in this conference competition here on out then by all means keep him and let him have a few moments. But I personally want much more than what he's offered over the past few seasons

Looks like he's staying as Leeds don't even want him on a loan so we'll get to reassess him over the season. Hopefully Nuno can reanimate early Winks.

English, 25, played over 100 EPL matches and capped by his country - we're not going to get a much better third choice DM than Winks - not everyone's favourite but tonight he showed how useful a backup player he is. Makes no sense to sell when it will cost 50m to replace a player we will hardly use.

He's not Modric .... but then who is?
50m

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, well mine is this; winks is a good player but not dynamic. However all good teams need a workman in midfield to allow the more creative to do their thing. A bit like Butt when he played alongside Scholes, Giggs, Beckham etc. And he is Spurs through and though. I doubt the midfielders we are linked with at the moment (McKinney etc) would be any better

when he first came into the team he was a forward looking player, but Poch tried to turn him into a DM
he now thinks and is used as a DM, but he lacks those skills ( can't see danger, can't tackle, not powerful enough to stop players)
I feel because he lacks the skills his passes are defensive one ( sidewards/backwards)
there are others to get rid of before him, he can play in the second 11

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, well mine is this; winks is a good player but not dynamic. However all good teams need a workman in midfield to allow the more creative to do their thing. A bit like Butt when he played alongside Scholes, Giggs, Beckham etc. And he is Spurs through and though. I doubt the midfielders we are linked with at the moment (McKinney etc) would be any better
I agree. I'd happily keep him as a squad player. If Spurs got rid of the players that fans mention in these threads we'd have a squad size of 12.

Back
Top Bottom