Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not sure about that, he still can't pass the ball or maintain possession.

Much like Alli better than the complete dogshit they normally are but nothing to indicate that either guy can be any part of a successful team going forward.

His long passing game is poor but he's fine if he keeps it simple and just keeps things ticking over, He'll never be good enough for a starting place at any side with ambitions to win anything, but has never been quite as bad as some seem to love making out, in my opinion. He's just an average Premier League footballer, but one that's still young enough to improve under the right manager.

He's been dogshit for ages, but never wanted to see him hounded out as he does love the club and isn't purposely sabotaging his career, unlike some of our other players.

Hopefully he can kick on from here and justify his place.

His long passing game is poor but he's fine if he keeps it simple and just keeps things ticking over, He'll never be good enough for a starting place at any side with ambitions to win anything, but has never been quite as bad as some seem to love making out, in my opinion. He's just an average Premier League footballer, but one that's still young enough to improve under the right manager.

My issue is that he can't keep possession of the ball for any length of time because he himself can't keep the ball and he is limited in his passing so he often has to move the ball back into positions that put us under pressure.

That is a problem for the team in general so not just him but in the position that he plays we need someone that can control the ball and allow us to retain possession so we can relieve pressure and set up our attack outside of just counters.

I am not sure about that, he still can't pass the ball or maintain possession.

Much like Alli better than the complete dogshit they normally are but nothing to indicate that either guy can be any part of a successful team going forward.

Suprise, suprise....

I knew you'd be skulking about down-playing all the positives today as usual.

I went to the match tonight, first game in a few years. Winks was very good, it was a noticeable difference in what I’ve seen in the past few years. Looking up, being brave on the ball and winning challenges. Hopefully this is not a one off and he can build on this performance. Winks has shown he can be a player in this side, I do not expect him to revert back to the cowardly displays we have seen from him these past few years. If he plays well I will happily praise him, if he plays poorly then I will call it how I see it.

I went to the match tonight, first game in a few years. Winks was very good, it was a noticeable difference in what I’ve seen in the past few years. Looking up, being brave on the ball and winning challenges. Hopefully this is not a one off and he can build on this performance. Winks has shown he can be a player in this side, I do not expect him to revert back to the cowardly displays we have seen from him these past few years. If he plays well I will happily praise him, if he plays poorly then I will call it how I see it.
Maybe if he has the confidence to know the coach trusts him , we will see the best of him

Antonio Conte singled out Harry Winks, who he said has “impressed him in training” with his desire and hard work, following the 2-2 draw against Liverpool.

Winks made just his third Premier League start of the campaign, two of which have come under the Italian, against Jurgen Klopp’s side.

According to EPL Statman, the midfielder made more interceptions (4) and more blocks (3) as Conte’s team battled back from 2-1 down to extend their unbeaten Premier League start under the Italian.

But it wasn’t just Winks’ defensive work that stood out, he completed 48 passes, giving him a success rate of 79%, one of which allowed Heung Min Son to cancel out Andy Robertson’s goal four minutes earlier after Harry Kane and Diogo Jota had scored in the opening period.

The 25-year-old came out on top in journalist Alasdair Gold‘s ratings, and the Tottenham boss has clearly been delighted with his attitude.

“Harry Winks is working very hard and he’s impressed me in training with his desire,” Conte said after watching his side draw with the Reds. “He’s a very good player and when we play in this position with a number four in front of the back three, he’s very, very good.”

Concerning comments, hopefully he is just trying to shine up the turd that is Wanks to pawn him off on some other club.

Winks deserves better than you.

He's a good player, who loves the club and came through our academy. Will never forget his goal against West Ham... what the fuck have you done for the club? Comments like that have real implications on peoples lives, grow up and stop spreading hate.

MOTM today and you come out with this.

Winks deserves better than you.

He's a good player, who loves the club and came through our academy. Will never forget his goal against West Ham... what the fuck have you done for the club? Comments like that have real implications on peoples lives, grow up and stop spreading hate.

MOTM today and you come out with this.

LOL

Comments like this don't have an impact on peoples lives. there is no need to grow up and I am not close to spreading hate.

This is professional football we don't give out jobs because guys are nice guys.

If want to give him a job as an ambassador, have a charity game for him, let fans give him a big clap at halftime that is great, I would support that. But in terms of choosing who plays for a PL that has top 4 aspirations.

He was not close to MOTM today and a 5/10 at best.

LOL

Comments like this don't have an impact on peoples lives. there is no need to grow up and I am not close to spreading hate.

This is professional football we don't give out jobs because guys are nice guys.

If want to give him a job as an ambassador, have a charity game for him, let fans give him a big clap at halftime that is great, I would support that. But in terms of choosing who plays for a PL that has top 4 aspirations.

Do you enjoy football?

LOL

Good Lord, you honestly need help.

Back
Top Bottom