Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have any players ever been at spurs longer than Winks' 21 years at the club? (including youth level)

I guess that depends on whether you include Ledley King's post Tottenham career. He joined the club in 1996, retired in 2012 before going straight into the ambassadorial role before then becoming assistant coach in 2020.

A career that spans 26 years. Though when you put it like that, it's quite crazy that King has only been at the club 5 years longer than Winks.

Yet all he gets is disrespect.
I’m FAR from being a fan of him, but the amount of unnecessary hate and disrespect he gets from the club’s fans is insane and honestly embarrassing. Yes, he’s not good enough to play at the level the club want to be, and he won’t. I am sure if he could, he would become a world class player, but his ability has peaked a few years ago, when he had a good game against Real Madrid. I don’t understand why people keep continuing to throw shit at him.

If united put in a bid for aranaoutovic then why not winks? 😂
I wonder does he see dier turning it around and then he thinks he could too.
Problem is he will never get a run of games again to prove it. Maybe we should loan him out so see if a full season of games improves him?

If united put in a bid for aranaoutovic then why not winks? 😂
I wonder does he see dier turning it around and then he thinks he could too.
Problem is he will never get a run of games again to prove it. Maybe we should loan him out so see if a full season of games improves him?
Wherever he goes, he'll end upon the bench.

Wherever he goes, he'll end upon the bench.

Where did he touch you ?
Or was it your relative / family member?

Tell us your story.
Don't keep in the hate.

And don't you ever forget, with all your shitposting. Even if you do it until the day your heart stops. You will never contribute as much as 1/10 000 to Spurs compared to Winks.

Take a deep breath.
Live a little.

But don't be like this.
It is sad.

Where did he touch you ?
Or was it your relative / family member?

Tell us your story.
Don't keep in the hate.

And don't you ever forget, with all your shitposting. Even if you do it until the day your heart stops. You will never contribute as much as 1/10 000 to Spurs compared to Winks.

Take a deep breath.
Live a little.

But don't be like this.
It is sad.

He's shocking,
If you want to give him credit then you absolute HAVE to give credit to pretty much anyone that's ever kicked a ball in a Spurs shirt. Because the majority of them have done it better than him.

Darren Bent, David Bently, Hossam Ghaly, Paolo Tremazzani, Judas etc.
The only reason Winks has ever got any charity is that he's a fan and an academy player.

He's shocking,
If you want to give him credit then you absolute HAVE to give credit to pretty much anyone that's ever kicked a ball in a Spurs shirt. Because the majority of them have done it better than him.

Darren Bent, David Bently, Hossam Ghaly, Paolo Tremazzani, Judas etc.
The only reason Winks has ever got any charity is that he's a fan and an academy player.
I think bent was worse, and what about Vega or worse again Hutton….

I think bent was worse, and what about Vega or worse again Hutton….

No worse than Winks. The fact he featured in all the games we lost since the turn of the year and none of the games we won tells you how bad he really is.

At his absolute best, all he ever offered us was tippy tappy easy backwards passes. At his worst, he gets totally dominated by the opposition. He makes reckless tackles that usually end up with him on his arse and the opponent striding away with the ball. The notorious Everton cameo was not an isolated incident. He should never have played a game for Spurs ever again after that.

Back
Top Bottom