Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember him running the midfield against Spain as England beat them. At one point he was very good
Right, that's the thing. He declined as a player during his critical development years.

And it feels like there ought to have been a different path for his career, I think that's where my angst with him comes.

I wish him well, and I think he might have made a pretty savvy career move here, but I'm very glad he's gone, a change of scenery is the bare minimum of what's needed to recover his career.

This kinda support do you think?

I genuinely don't get the hate...
Enough people from outside our club hate us, our players and our fans. ...

We really don't need our own fans to hate on our own players.... we get that every week!

Whether people like it or not, WINKS is one of our own.
He may have had his limitations, but he lived the dream... the same as any of us would, given half the chance, and with a fraction of his footballing ability!
Yet SOME people can't recognise that, and at the VERY least acknowledging that a GENUINE SPURS FAN PLAYED FOR SPURS!

Compare that with Cundy and Bent... A Chelsea fan and a Gooner.... playing for Spurs... both shit, but didn't get half the abuse Winks got.... Have a fucking word with yourselves, and Google the word 'loyalty' while you're at it!

Best of luck Winksy.

See you back in the PL one day...
April Fools Lol GIF

I apologise for any offence caused it was a joke - I appreciate sometimes things don't translate well over the internet, but can we at least be rejoice that Spurs have upgraded from Winksy to Maddsy and at the same time somehow managed to get double digits for him?

Also admit it, everyone can be classy to him and also at the same time be happy that he's gone - he just wasn't good enough in the end and it was a little embarrassing, sure he'd be the first to admit that.

All the best Winksy 💪

🤙

April Fools Lol GIF

I apologise for any offence caused it was a joke - I appreciate sometimes things don't translate well over the internet, but can we at least be rejoice that Spurs have upgraded from Winksy to Maddsy and at the same time somehow managed to get double digits for him?

Also admit it, everyone can be classy to him and also at the same time be happy that he's gone - he just wasn't good enough in the end and it was a little embarrassing, sure he'd be the first to admit that.

All the best Winksy 💪

🤙
The fee is actually 6m with 4m add ons in performance

Back
Top Bottom