Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched the Norwich - Leicester game & while he does nothing fancy, he is the link between the defence & the offence. Nothing fancy but always finding a team mate !!
He fits in well with Enzo Maresca's tactics but would not be suited to all teams. I'm happy to see him doing well & I expect to see him back in the Premier next season.
that was always his game - one that Cantona dismissively called the water carrier.

But a vital position in some teams set up, and one that he was rarely used for.

You only have to glance around here to see the amazingly ignorant people who never got that.
They might as well have lambasted him for being a shit keeper.

Its similar to Dier or Sanchez. They have played even after being found out. In the past his presence in the team really annoyed me. But its unfair to hate the guy , its not like he picks himself. Hopefully Dier and Sanchez also leave soon and go to a level they should be playing at.
condescending bell end post of the decade

that was always his game - one that Cantona dismissively called the water carrier.

But a vital position in some teams set up, and one that he was rarely used for.

You only have to glance around here to see the amazingly ignorant people who never got that.
They might as well have lambasted him for being a shit keeper.
In his position, Deschamps primarily excelled at impeding the opposition's attacking movements as a defensive midfielder, and so was capable of starting up attacking plays and distributing the ball to teammates once he won back possession, leading to him being derisively nicknamed "the water-carrier" by former France teammate Eric Cantona, who implied that Deschamps's primary contribution to the national team was to retrieve the ball and pass it forward to "more talented" players.[10][11][12]Deschamps's ability to perform this role was made possible due to his high work-rate, tenacity, stamina, vision, reliable distribution and technique, and his efficacy at pressing and tackling opponents. He also had an excellent positional and organisational sense, and was known for his tactical intelligence, versatility, and his leadership as a footballer.

Yeah, right!

I didn't call you a turd
I said your ignorance of football was a beacon of turd

is general comprehension a problem to you as well as sporting matters?
Misunderstandings can happen. But you have now made it perfectly clear.
I will not double down but say this. Not everyone is as brilliant as you.

On the basis that empty vessels make the most noise
What does it mean to be an empty vessel?

[old-fashioned] said to mean that people who talk a lot about their knowledge, talent or experience are often not as knowledgeable, talented or experienced as they claim to be. The trouble is that empty vessels seem to be making the most sound and getting the most words in print.

Back
Top Bottom