Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The reason why this club can’t win trophies is because we celebrate players like winks who play 1 good game every blue moon. We cannot reward players like this. We need to demand this every fcking game
To be fair, he's had a few good games of late. The equation seems to be: Conte + Winks = Decent

The reason why this club can’t win trophies is because we celebrate players like winks who play 1 good game every blue moon. We cannot reward players like this. We need to demand this every fcking game

That’s a bit harsh I think, he’s had a good run of games lately and he deserves credit for that. We know he’s not world class and he can be upgraded on, but on current form he’s good enough to be a squad player.

he’s had a good run of games lately
good run of games? hes not been good, he just hasnt been everton away. people patting him on the back for not being a total disaster is where hes at now, its charity.

the fans having soft spots for shit players like this is why we have been a joke for many years, losers mentality.

good run of games? hes not been good, he just hasnt been everton away. people patting him on the back for not being a total disaster is where hes at now, its charity.

the fans having soft spots for shit players like this is why we have been a joke for many years, losers mentality.

You lose all credibility in your own argument when you spout rubbish like that. You’re so blinded by your hatred of him that you can’t be unbiased and yet criticise others for doing the same just because they disagree with your rantings.

Somebody having a different opinion to you does not automatically mean they have soft spots for players. I’ve been very vocal in the past that I don’t like him and for ages he’s been on my sell list, but I can still give credit where it’s due. He has been good, but he hasn’t been great. On current form he’s fine for a squad place because we have more important business to deal with first.

You lose all credibility in your own argument when you spout rubbish like that. You’re so blinded by your hatred of him that you can’t be unbiased and yet criticise others for doing the same just because they disagree with your rantings.

Somebody having a different opinion to you does not automatically mean they have soft spots for players. I’ve been very vocal in the past that I don’t like him and for ages he’s been on my sell list, but I can still give credit where it’s due. He has been good, but he hasn’t been great. On current form he’s fine for a squad place because we have more important business to deal with first.
He had a good game vs liverpool , an okay one vs southampton and was okay yesterday. Saying he's had good games might be stretch. I guess hes been good compared to how terrible he used to be.

He had a good game vs liverpool , an okay one vs southampton and was okay yesterday. Saying he's had good games might be stretch. I guess hes been good compared to how terrible he used to be.

He’s been good compared to the nothing performances served up by Ndombele and Lo Celso. Winks is helping us win the matches. Those two are doing nothing despite being incredibly expensive.

All people are doing is acknowledging that Winks has rightly gone from 5th choice to 3rd choice midfielder in this squad. Nobody is saying he’s been amazing or that we should build the team around him. We need to bin Ndombele and Lo Celso and get two midfielders of quality. Then Winks will return to being 5th choice which is appropriate for a player of his standard at a top 4 challenger.

He’s been good compared to the nothing performances served up by Ndombele and Lo Celso. Winks is helping us win the matches. Those two are doing nothing despite being incredibly expensive.

All people are doing is acknowledging that Winks has rightly gone from 5th choice to 3rd choice midfielder in this squad. Nobody is saying he’s been amazing or that we should build the team around him. We need to bin Ndombele and Lo Celso and get two midfielders of quality. Then Winks will return to being 5th choice which is appropriate for a player of his standard at a top 4 challenger.
Nothing against that bolded bit. It is 100% true. The other two have been pretty much useless for 1 reason or another. But people's judgements are getting clouded because Bergwin saved the day (winks had already been subbed when 2-1 down) and because of that flukey freekick that went in. Winks has been okay though, much much better than what he used to be.

There is definitely some kneejerking involved. For eg. now bergwin is amazing and always been a good player because of those 2 minutes vs leicester, everyone seems to have completely forgotten how wasteful he has been . Even Doherty is now a god because the ball bounced off his chest into their defender and the goalie couldnt collect the ball. We win, everyones good, we lose, everyone's shit. 100% guarantee all these players will be labelled shit again if we lose to the chavs.

Last edited:
in what way has he been good? its impossible for him to be good at this level as hes a scared little timid boy bang in the middle of the pitch! hes been mediocre at best the last few games, if thats your level for good then you really do have low standards.
No that's the thing, he's been tackling again like he did years ago.

He's not Skipp. But once upon a time he'd get stuck in and showed good anticipation winning the ball back in a Poch press. That was the player we were once excited about.

He's been better than Hojbjerg in 2022 thusfar.

surprise surprise, winks plays and we get overrun in midfield all fucking game yet again. ive never seen a player who offers less to a side than little harry winks. sick of suffering through games watching us get overrun due to having a passenger bang in the middle of the fucking pitch.

surprise surprise, winks plays and we get overrun in midfield all fucking game yet again. ive never seen a player who offers less to a side than little harry winks. sick of suffering through games watching us get overrun due to having a passenger bang in the middle of the fucking pitch.

He can't play against teams that don't give him acres of space. If he is under any pressure or the midfield is solid he is useless.

he cant play against teams that do give him acres of space. complete nothing player. the perfect example of what 'passenger' means in football.

He can't play at a level we need, but he is much more effective because he can move the ball when there is no defenders to beat.

He should be the 6/7th choice MF and kept around to fill a HG quota and that is it.

Back
Top Bottom