Harvey White

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He did not look out of place at all, did he?!?
And it amazed me when I checked that he is just 168 cm... that is 7 cm shorter than Gil but it is visible White was brought up in English game. Did not seem too soft or lightweight at all.

I really-really hope we can see more of him.

Good luck Harvey. Game time is essential for the young lads, and I'm glad that we're giving them the opportunity to gain some experience in a competitive league.

Mental how Poch rarely used loans.

Poch thought training was the first team was better than loans - which is fine but at some stage they need to practice their training......and that's where Poch theory fell apart as he found it difficult to play the youngsters the minutes they needed (which is as many games a season is possible)

Poch put players out on loan if he didn't think they would make it as Spurs - and not that many of those either.

Poch thought training was the first team was better than loans - which is fine but at some stage they need to practice their training......and that's where Poch theory fell apart as he found it difficult to play the youngsters the minutes they needed (which is as many games a season is possible)

Poch put players out on loan if he didn't think they would make it as Spurs - and not that many of those either.

I'm afraid this is one area in which Poch was completely wrong. In truth he mishandled most of our young talent, especially the ones not quite good enough to get minutes with the first team. It is so important for young players to get experience in actual competitive play, be it League One, Champo or otherwise. The Championship might even be a better indictor of future Prem performance than the Dutch, Scottish or Portuguese leagues are.

Think he's been really unlucky this season :

Played in first 3 pre-season friendlies (v Ipswich, Reading and Birmingham) in 20/21 under Mourhino and did well, made an EL appearance and played 90 mins in an FA cup (against Marine but no other youngsters started and completed the match) plus made 21 appearances in League 1 mostly from bench) aged 19. Not to mention doing well in first preseason aged 17 as both LB and CM under Poch.

This season played in u21's in pre-season, plus played vey well scoring goals and assisting in PL2 for u21's but despite a few bench appearances in europe has made no appearances in first team this season.

Of the u21 candidates this season, he's probably the player with the best combination of physical development, experience and technical ability to make an impression on first team - the lesser matches of course.

With Skipp and Hojbjerg being the only players seemingly certain of starting as first team CM's - Ndombele seemingly rarely completing 90 minutes at a high level of creative football, and probably Lo Celso, Dele and Winks being even less rated, White should have probably had a few opportunities this season to show what he can do given the lack of quality seen in CM.

Would really like him to get minutes v Mura in ECL.

And realistically a decent loan in January if Conte is not going to use him in the 2nd half of the season - after all he has a contract until 2024, so has been highly rated at club.

Absolutely zero chance of him starting a league game right now. Unless the entire squad comes down with food poisoning or some other crisis.

I know people want to see it (and i wouldn't mind) but it's just a pipe dream.

My Cousin saw him at Stansted arrivals 2 weeks ago... He said hello, and Harvey's response was of genuine surprise he'd been recognised.

In other Family related news, I was sitting in the row in front of Harvey's Family in the under-18's tester Game at the new WHL against Southampton...
A lovely bunch they were, and so proud when he scored his penalty that was the first ever goal at NWHL.

I do hope he makes it here...
He's PROPER one of our own! (as are his Family)

But will no doubt get the same abuse Winks does now if he isn't first choice CM in 3 years!!

The only reason they've even got Harvy White in the first team set up, is so he can have Harry Winks' old training gear hand me downs... and they don't have to get a new set of initials sewn on...
Fucking tight arses! :levywhoa:

Why do you think we signed Ndombele?? 'Cos we had loads of leftover 'N's D's, O's, M's, B's L's & E's left in the club shop after Dembele, N'Jie and N'Koudo left!!!

Last edited:
Eo_VgZCXUAElNwr

Think Lucas approves.

Hahah... Lucas is quality. Such a good guy.

Back
Top Bottom