Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it's a perfect fit for us then. Sign up a new manager get 12-18 months of decent performance and then pay them out for 12-18 months after we fire them.
Don't mistake that as an endorsement or vote of confidence in Rodgers; but let's be honest, are you expecting anything more than yet another transitional season? Levy is just biding his time until a sale goes through.

Get him out, he doesn’t want to be here and get Paratici the crook out for fuck sake, this talk of him bringing another manager in after he gave us Nuno.

Bring Poch, Gallardo whoever can play attacking football and develop our young players, start again quickly and a get a Sporting director with a matching vision to support them, make that mandatory for Poch coming back.

Get on the front foot with this.

It's an aside as:

1. It's a low-grade competition only recently invented

and

2. There can always always be a fortune element to winning a cup competition

And for reference, I do think it was unfair to sack him before the League Cup final and not immediately after instead. Was he the right manager to actually take us forward though? I strongly believe otherwise. As much as we all want the trophy monkey off our back, I think the 'desperate to win anything' angle of our fans definitely comes with a caveat now after the last couple of years.

The fans can't take eye bleeding football any more and there's plenty of 'I just want to enjoy watching us play' articulated on social media.
I don't respect it as a tournament but it's a trophy.
Some fans do, and it gets a monkey off our back.
We'll probably be in it again next season

Don't mistake that as an endorsement or vote of confidence in Rodgers; but let's be honest, are you expecting anything more than yet another transitional season? Levy is just biding his time until a sale goes through.
Totally agree except for the sale component. I think he and Joe are here for a while longer.

A rebuild and a project costs too much and takes too much time. Financially, he needs to keep finding a way to squeeze as much juice out of the lemon so it's always going to be a transition and a short term plan to get back into a top 4 place to seal the revenue stream from it.

Jose was a "right now" coach the same way that Conte was. I honestly don't know what they were thinking with Nuno, but it just goes to show the level of strategic thinking they possess when it comes to the footballing side of the club.

Remember the summer got Nuno we were linked with a new name every day?

Well, today is it on steroids. I doubt anyone, even levy, knows who it is going to be right now.

I’m starting to be less confident it’s Poch though by the day.

Word from within the club is that it’s already been agreed but not when!

Get him in now and secure 4th

No chance under Cunte

Conte: I need a big squad to be competitive in all competitions and to have a back up for all positions.

But never plays anyone else besides those he already had. Unless there’s an injury crisis.

We can say we don’t know what Danjuma is like in training or that Richi has stunk out the last two games he’s played.

But Son is just a shadow now and even Deki isn’t quite up to par yet will still get more chances to play/start.

As a fellow professional, does that motivate you?

Levy/ENIC have to go, but at this point, so does Conte.

If he’s being petty because he’s not getting exactly what he wants, then just go.

No-one is bigger than the badge.

The absolutely bizarre thing is that he rotates a little bit. In central defence. The one part of the pitch where you should fucking not do it!!!

The absolutely bizarre thing is that he rotates a little bit. In central defence. The one part of the pitch where you should fucking not do it!!!
Agreed. It’s always the same approach. But also look at the subs he usually makes.

Winning? Takes off an attacker, brings on a defender (which I can understand).

Losing 1-0 with 70 mins to play? Takes off an attacker, brings on a defender.

Why? Because getting beaten by one or two goals still equal 0 points from what I know.

Conte is the biggest fraud going.

Sooner he leaves the club the better.

He doesn't want to be here, we don't want him here and its sounding like the players don't want him here.

This season has been a total borefest and I struggle to think of games I've actually enjoyed. Even when we have had moments of rare success, there's little to no time to enjoy then as invariably the next match turns into a shit show.

Conte out - we have a much better chance of top 4 without him.

At least 1 more game of torture to go through then

>'no immediate plans to sack but an implosion of top 4 tilt and Daniel Levy is prepared to move.'

I think this is an example of the problems we've had with Levy: by my reckoning we're losing momentum in the top 4 race now (and rest assured it will get worse with the obvious vibes coming out of the camp), but it may well take dropping enough points to inevitably fall short of 4th place to force him into pulling the trigger.

Reacting too late, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom