Has this season really been a disappointment?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay, I know we are going to get the know it all forum police on here saying how bad a season we are having but has the season been as bad as we all think. I despise the smugness, arrogance and unapologetic nature of these fans.

I am like all of you disappointed so far as I had high hopes in the summer and thought we would be challenging for the title. However I think the toxic environment created will spring the club into unprecedented change with an exciting manager coming in the summer and the purse strings released for us to have our biggest summer spending in the history of the club. We will clear out a couple of the players not needed like sanchez and some of the players on loan. I do not think a full scale sell is needed as there is undoubted quality in this squad.

Let's look at the other teams which is also where I think as fans the season has been a success. Le arse have bottled the title after being in a position where they could not blow it. It is over. There is no way in hells pit, they are getting anything from the city game. There is more chance of me winning the national lottery. It actually makes me the happiest I have felt for a while that their fans had such hopes they would win it only to be devastated. It gives such pressure. This is more humiliating than our position as it was their one chance to win it and they will likely not get another chance in years. They pit all their beans into this basket with a trophy and it has resulted in beans on their faces. A le arse defeat is just as important as a spurs win. Give me spurs missing out on top 4 or le arse not winning the league. It is le arse failure all day long. I love my club but loving your club also means having love for your rivals demise.

Look at Chelsea who spent over 500 million only to have their worst season in forever. You think this sin and lack of a moral compass and flagrant ethical monetary irresponsibility will go unpunished. They are a mess. At least our owners care for the club and long term financial success. Chelsea really thought they wooild win the champions league. Liverpool are a state as well.

As I said there is still all to play for with us and the demise of some of our rivals and the so called big clubs has made the situation not look as bad. Some of the fans on here have failed the players with their lack of support but now is the time to get behind the team. I want to see huge support for our next home game, show the players love and sing your hearts out.

Your post deserves a more thoughtful reply but I don't have the time at the moment to do that, sorry but I would like to answer.

Yes, the season has been a disappointment.

I can't agree on your comment about the level of quality in our squad. Enough of the players simply aren't up to the level we are trying to attain with the same players doing the same shit (should have sold some years ago and we are now in a position where we may get rid of one or two but there's never the big clear out at any club that some fans want - just doesn't happen). Also, by keeping certain players we have shown little or no ambition in moving onwards and upwards. Also, a lack of belief in the new players we have signed (indicating they were not the manager's purchases which indicates no cohesion in the club).

I also don't agree with your comment about our neighbours. They were out on their backside at the end of last season - whether they win the thing is not the point - are you really trying to say their season is worse than ours?

Back to us: our style of play (which we could have predicted, and probably the most important thing, for me at least).

It says a lot for the quality of the league that we are still, just, in a position to try for 4th (we won't get it, of course).

Okay, I know we are going to get the know it all forum police on here saying how bad a season we are having but has the season been as bad as we all think. I despise the smugness, arrogance and unapologetic nature of these fans.

I am like all of you disappointed so far as I had high hopes in the summer and thought we would be challenging for the title. However I think the toxic environment created will spring the club into unprecedented change with an exciting manager coming in the summer and the purse strings released for us to have our biggest summer spending in the history of the club. We will clear out a couple of the players not needed like sanchez and some of the players on loan. I do not think a full scale sell is needed as there is undoubted quality in this squad.

Let's look at the other teams which is also where I think as fans the season has been a success. Le arse have bottled the title after being in a position where they could not blow it. It is over. There is no way in hells pit, they are getting anything from the city game. There is more chance of me winning the national lottery. It actually makes me the happiest I have felt for a while that their fans had such hopes they would win it only to be devastated. It gives such pressure. This is more humiliating than our position as it was their one chance to win it and they will likely not get another chance in years. They pit all their beans into this basket with a trophy and it has resulted in beans on their faces. A le arse defeat is just as important as a spurs win. Give me spurs missing out on top 4 or le arse not winning the league. It is le arse failure all day long. I love my club but loving your club also means having love for your rivals demise.

Look at Chelsea who spent over 500 million only to have their worst season in forever. You think this sin and lack of a moral compass and flagrant ethical monetary irresponsibility will go unpunished. They are a mess. At least our owners care for the club and long term financial success. Chelsea really thought they wooild win the champions league. Liverpool are a state as well.

As I said there is still all to play for with us and the demise of some of our rivals and the so called big clubs has made the situation not look as bad. Some of the fans on here have failed the players with their lack of support but now is the time to get behind the team. I want to see huge support for our next home game, show the players love and sing your hearts out.

The season has been shit.

Fuck is wrong with you.

"At least our owners care for the club"

:harrylol:

even if we somehow managed 4th it would still be a huge dissappointment and a failure, well maybe not to Levy if we qualify for CL. :levylol:

But based on the money spent in the summer, the coach in charge, and the run at the tail end of last season the expectation would've been to do something more than stumble into 4th place again

You thought we would be challenging for the title in the summer.

And then you thought we would get 25 points from last 30. Which is effectively title winning form.

So unfortunately you my friend live on cloud cuckoo land. Enjoy yourself there.

I’m going to stick with planet earth. Season has been a hot mess.
And without Harry kane things would be a hell of a lot worse.

The season has been shit.

Fuck is wrong with you.

"At least our owners care for the club"

:harrylol:
You fail to see the positives. Change is coming and also don't tell me the weekend le arse result did not cheer you up. We can Still beat Newcastle. Nothing is wrong with me. I do not appreciate the words being spoken from your mouth about the integrity of myself that you have written here. You think boely cares for chelsea.

even if we somehow managed 4th it would still be a huge dissappointment and a failure, well maybe not to Levy if we qualify for CL. :levylol:

But based on the money spent in the summer, the coach in charge, and the run at the tail end of last season the expectation would've been to do something more than stumble into 4th place again
Yes a disappointment but I always think it is relative. I say to myself how I would feel if we blew the title from a position that you could not blow, or how I would feel if we spent 500 million on our team to look much worse. We can turn things around, trust me. Stay positive.

Its been fantastic. I've thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. From the summers signings improving the side MASSIVELY and the free flowing entertaining football. Dreading the end of the season. I'd love to thank Levy, Patatici, Conte, Stellini and all the players in person if i could.

You fail to see the positives. Change is coming and also don't tell me the weekend le arse result did not cheer you up. We can Still beat Newcastle. Nothing is wrong with me. I do not appreciate the words being spoken from your mouth about the integrity of myself that you have written here. You think boely cares for chelsea.

You have every right to be offended, of course. And I have every right not to give a fuck.

Positives? Fuck off.

Maybe I do not appreciate the nonsense you insist on posting on a daily basis?.

P.S We won't be beating Newcastle.

By the way, if the best we can hope for this season is that the scum do not win the league, then it's a fucking shit season.

Also, 'the words being spoken from my mouth'? I hate to break it to you but this is an internet forum, not a pub. I'm TYPING, not speaking. I don't know about you but I use my fingers for that. Reading your posts though, I guess it's perfectly possible that you've been typing with your mouth!

Okay so I checked. Not April 1st.

One assumes the board has not been hacked and that non-Spurs fans would stick to their own website.

If all the above are true, then the question is just bizarre.

Huge disappointment to me, with Saturday's loss enough to take me to bed early in complete dismay.

Your post deserves a more thoughtful reply but I don't have the time at the moment to do that, sorry but I would like to answer.

Yes, the season has been a disappointment.

I can't agree on your comment about the level of quality in our squad. Enough of the players simply aren't up to the level we are trying to attain with the same players doing the same shit (should have sold some years ago and we are now in a position where we may get rid of one or two but there's never the big clear out at any club that some fans want - just doesn't happen). Also, by keeping certain players we have shown little or no ambition in moving onwards and upwards. Also, a lack of belief in the new players we have signed (indicating they were not the manager's purchases which indicates no cohesion in the club).

I also don't agree with your comment about our neighbours. They were out on their backside at the end of last season - whether they win the thing is not the point - are you really trying to say their season is worse than ours?

Back to us: our style of play (which we could have predicted, and probably the most important thing, for me at least).

It says a lot for the quality of the league that we are still, just, in a position to try for 4th (we won't get it, of course).
Finally an intelligent poster on here. It is like finding a needle in a haystack. We could become friends you know. You are respectful, knowledgeable and insightful. Okay this is really interesting you say this as it is the interpretation of some fans. I am more happy when le arse lose a game than I am when we win even though I am delighted that we have won the game. I would rather not reach a final or come second to miss out on a title knowing we could and should have won it which would put me in terminal depression for months, something I struggle with greatly. Champions league final does not count as the financial rewards from our 2019 run benefitted the club. My mental health is so fragile and anything could tip me over the edge. Some fans would prefer challenging for the title. I would as well but give me 4th than 2nd when blowing the title anyway.

Maybe I have too much faith in our players so maybe I think some are better than they are. But as you said improving the squad takes time. Just getting those 2 or 3 world class players can transform our team. Look at casemiro and martinez with united.

I also think the disappointment is less so for myself because I know big change is coming. You know it to in your heart. This is God g to be the pivotal moment when things turn around and the owners start putting huge investment in the team. You can tell yourself for yourself that you were there when it happened.

Finally an intelligent poster on here. It is like finding a needle in a haystack. We could become friends you know. You are respectful, knowledgeable and insightful. Okay this is really interesting you say this as it is the interpretation of some fans. I am more happy when le arse lose a game than I am when we win even though I am delighted that we have won the game. I would rather not reach a final or come second to miss out on a title knowing we could and should have won it which would put me in terminal depression for months, something I struggle with greatly. Champions league final does not count as the financial rewards from our 2019 run benefitted the club. My mental health is so fragile and anything could tip me over the edge. Some fans would prefer challenging for the title. I would as well but give me 4th than 2nd when blowing the title anyway.

Maybe I have too much faith in our players so maybe I think some are better than they are. But as you said improving the squad takes time. Just getting those 2 or 3 world class players can transform our team. Look at casemiro and martinez with united.

I also think the disappointment is less so for myself because I know big change is coming. You know it to in your heart. This is God g to be the pivotal moment when things turn around and the owners start putting huge investment in the team. You can tell yourself for yourself that you were there when it happened.

I hope to god you don't classify yourself as intelligent. You're not.

We all know it is you, Daniel, you bald midget. Do one.

This isn't funny anymore

You have every right to be offended, of course. And I have every right not to give a fuck.

Positives? Fuck off.

Maybe I do not appreciate the nonsense you insist on posting on a daily basis?.

P.S We won't be beating Newcastle.

By the way, if the best we can hope for this season is that the scum do not win the league, then it's a fucking shit season.

Also, 'the words being spoken from my mouth'? I hate to break it to you but this is an internet forum, not a pub. I'm TYPING, not speaking. I don't know about you but I use my fingers for that. Reading your posts though, I guess it's perfectly possible that you've been typing with your mouth!
I agree, but it will be even worse if they win it.

Haha Danny boy releasing the purse strings - that's the funniest thing I've read in a long while. Where has the OP been the last 22 years? Enic only splashed out on the stadia and facilities because it was bricks and mortar (so to speak) and they knew it would always increase in value. Players on the other hand often don't, especially the stooges Levy goes after due to being unable to resist a bargain whom is not wanted by anybody else. I presume the term "due diligence" is not one Danny is familiar with.
No they will never change and Spurs fans better get used to the status quo whilst these parasites are attached to the club. If you want recent evidence then refer to the strange cases of Conte and Mourinho being bought in to placate the fans from launching Danny from the skywalk minus a parachute, in the hope of winning things, then Levy back peddling and instead of supporting the managers (proven trophy winners given backing), going back into bad old habits and buying players they don't request. Example Spence. How many more years of this evidence to the clappy-happy mob need to see the reality?

Often see this sentiment spoken / posted about but its nonsense.
The points required for top 4 are pretty much par for course over the history of 4 teams Champions League spots.

The season hasn't been entertaining as a Spurs fan which is the point of it all - so yes, a massive disappointment. Not renewing memberships or paying more for the crap served up. Entertain me, I will pay. Otherwise I'm sure some other mug will happily take our places at games.

Back
Top Bottom