Has this season really been a disappointment?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello, my lovely Breeeetesh choooms. Spurs 1961, please take this kindly, as it is meant kindly. This place is just a talking shop on the internet. It's not the real world. Everyone here is a made up person. OK, people are ruder here than they are on some other internet blathering sites, and some may be ruder online than they would be in the pub, but you shouldn't let what people type onto a screen bother you.

I spend my professional life in a world in which robust debate is the stock in trade, and withering scorn and sarcasm are commonplace. Most of my friends are snarky gits as well. I am a snarky git. Thus I have rhinoceros skin and am immune to insults. Not everyone needs to be so, but it's not good for the soul (if there is such a thing as a soul) to allow mere words on screen to make steam come from your ears.

I stay off Twitter, am rarely on Facebook, and don't do Instagram, Snapchat, and what not. All forms of social media, including fora such as this one, can be enervating if you let them be. The trick is not to let them.
Speak for yourself, loser. My name really IS Roger Irrelevant.

:lucasl:

Yeah and you can stick your Turkey Twizzlers where the sun don't shine, n' all.

#peaceandlove
#amityspammity
#onebighappyspursfamily

Well I know my twizzlers have given pleasure to many people.

However reviews of them being used as some sort of anal beads are very much lacking.

Glad you and your wife have found somewhat unusual uses for my poultry. But I might give that a miss thanks!

There is no easy way to break this to you, so I'll come right out with it. It wasn't my wife I did the product testing with. I must say, I admire your Missus for her spirit of adventure.

Anyway, 7 out of 10 on Checkatrade; would buy again.

Hello, my lovely Breeeetesh choooms. Spurs 1961, please take this kindly, as it is meant kindly. This place is just a talking shop on the internet. It's not the real world. Everyone here is a made up person. OK, people are ruder here than they are on some other internet blathering sites, and some may be ruder online than they would be in the pub, but you shouldn't let what people type onto a screen bother you.
Lies. I iz futbal.

The OP must live in a parallel Stranger Things type utopia... he lives normally, but the trouble is for most of us, we are trapped in the 'Upside Down' bit for all eternity, condemned to purgatory under Vecna aka Levy.

The OP must live in a parallel Stranger Things type utopia... he lives normally, but the trouble is for most of us, we are trapped in the 'Upside Down' bit for all eternity, condemned to purgatory under Vecna aka Levy.

Hmmm, but if this is not The Good Place is it The Medium Place, or could it be .... The Bad Place? If it is, we don't even get Bad Janet. No fair!

Anyway, old gag punchline alert:

"Tea break's over, lads, back on yer' eads."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom