Has this season really been a disappointment?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me, yes. A clear disappointment. Never felt like there was a team identity. Kane has been impressive but the team's inconsistency has been frustrating.

Okay, I know we are going to get the know it all forum police on here saying how bad a season we are having but has the season been as bad as we all think. I despise the smugness, arrogance and unapologetic nature of these fans.

I am like all of you disappointed so far as I had high hopes in the summer and thought we would be challenging for the title. However I think the toxic environment created will spring the club into unprecedented change with an exciting manager coming in the summer and the purse strings released for us to have our biggest summer spending in the history of the club. We will clear out a couple of the players not needed like sanchez and some of the players on loan. I do not think a full scale sell is needed as there is undoubted quality in this squad.

Let's look at the other teams which is also where I think as fans the season has been a success. Le arse have bottled the title after being in a position where they could not blow it. It is over. There is no way in hells pit, they are getting anything from the city game. There is more chance of me winning the national lottery. It actually makes me the happiest I have felt for a while that their fans had such hopes they would win it only to be devastated. It gives such pressure. This is more humiliating than our position as it was their one chance to win it and they will likely not get another chance in years. They pit all their beans into this basket with a trophy and it has resulted in beans on their faces. A le arse defeat is just as important as a spurs win. Give me spurs missing out on top 4 or le arse not winning the league. It is le arse failure all day long. I love my club but loving your club also means having love for your rivals demise.

Look at Chelsea who spent over 500 million only to have their worst season in forever. You think this sin and lack of a moral compass and flagrant ethical monetary irresponsibility will go unpunished. They are a mess. At least our owners care for the club and long term financial success. Chelsea really thought they wooild win the champions league. Liverpool are a state as well.

As I said there is still all to play for with us and the demise of some of our rivals and the so called big clubs has made the situation not look as bad. Some of the fans on here have failed the players with their lack of support but now is the time to get behind the team. I want to see huge support for our next home game, show the players love and sing your hearts out.
Your a fucking idiot

Oh look Mr smarty pants thinking you can twist my words into your context. I know what i said as it came from me and not you and I do not need you to try and point things out to me like I do not know ehat I have written. Your just as bad as the cretin poster. I am disappointed as I have said but you need to vision the whole parts as individual pieces and compartmentalise certain elements of our season. I am disappointed with our results but as a whole the season has not been a disappointment. The goons results and absolute bottle job for the title. Chelsea continue to get humiliated, City could and should win the treble, West hams struggles, pool being a shadow of themselves. These are all massive positives in our season. I even loved united failing in the cups as I dislike all these clubs and only really like man city. We also owe City a lot for stopping goons winnjng the title. Satisfaction is just as great in our rivals losses than our wins.

You know the future do you. Levy has actually continued to release money. Paying 60 million for richarlison is going to become more common. He does open the purse strings. You are no one to question levy. Who are you? He cares nothing for you. The club does not even know who you are. They know me as I have written into the club several times. Have you tried to communicate with them once. You and your opinions have no interest to them so you can take your smarty clogs pants and go try your luck on the 1% club if you think you are so clever instead of showing off on forums.
Judging by your posts you are suffering from some kind of mental illness. Seriously. Get help

Okay, I know we are going to get the know it all forum police on here saying how bad a season we are having but has the season been as bad as we all think. I despise the smugness, arrogance and unapologetic nature of these fans.

I am like all of you disappointed so far as I had high hopes in the summer and thought we would be challenging for the title. However I think the toxic environment created will spring the club into unprecedented change with an exciting manager coming in the summer and the purse strings released for us to have our biggest summer spending in the history of the club. We will clear out a couple of the players not needed like sanchez and some of the players on loan. I do not think a full scale sell is needed as there is undoubted quality in this squad.

Let's look at the other teams which is also where I think as fans the season has been a success. Le arse have bottled the title after being in a position where they could not blow it. It is over. There is no way in hells pit, they are getting anything from the city game. There is more chance of me winning the national lottery. It actually makes me the happiest I have felt for a while that their fans had such hopes they would win it only to be devastated. It gives such pressure. This is more humiliating than our position as it was their one chance to win it and they will likely not get another chance in years. They pit all their beans into this basket with a trophy and it has resulted in beans on their faces. A le arse defeat is just as important as a spurs win. Give me spurs missing out on top 4 or le arse not winning the league. It is le arse failure all day long. I love my club but loving your club also means having love for your rivals demise.

Look at Chelsea who spent over 500 million only to have their worst season in forever. You think this sin and lack of a moral compass and flagrant ethical monetary irresponsibility will go unpunished. They are a mess. At least our owners care for the club and long term financial success. Chelsea really thought they wooild win the champions league. Liverpool are a state as well.

As I said there is still all to play for with us and the demise of some of our rivals and the so called big clubs has made the situation not look as bad. Some of the fans on here have failed the players with their lack of support but now is the time to get behind the team. I want to see huge support for our next home game, show the players love and sing your hearts out.
If Chelsea and Liverpool weren’t having one of their worst seasons in recent years, we would actually be sitting in 7th and it’s probably going to get worse by the end of the season.

But has this season REALLY been a disappointment? I mean, REALLY?
Considering the cunt we've had managing us and the cunts he's thrown onto the pitch every week and the cuntish tactics they adopted and the cuntish lack of concern they displayed, and the pathetic home display against those scum maggots from Woolwich, and the way we crashed out of any competition that was unfortunate enough to have included us in their line-up, and the cuntish way our so-called 'world-class' manager dumped on us, and the fact that the 'excuse for a team is now being 'managed' by some prick-eared nobody who hasn't even learned to shave and hasn't got a clue about anything, I'd say, all in all, all things considered, yes it has been a bit of a disappointment.

Apologies for any inadvertently bad language.

If Chelsea and Liverpool weren’t having one of their worst seasons in recent years, we would actually be sitting in 7th and it’s probably going to get worse by the end of the season.

Liverpool are finishing ahead of us. Brighton and Villa both have a good shot at it as well, especially with us going to Villa Park.

Disappointed is getting a cheeseburger from Mac Donald’s and finding out they haven’t put the gherkin in ,
This season is like starting a marathon and breaking your Leg on the first corner , getting picked up by an ambulance which crashes on the way to hospital, then catching rabies in your hospital bed and getting your leg amputated!

Assume that tickets and travel are a minimum £100 per person. We have 60,000 fans. So £6m over 19 league games. £114m. What could we buy instead?

Disappointed is getting a cheeseburger from Mac Donald’s and finding out they haven’t put the gherkin in ,
This season is like starting a marathon and breaking your Leg on the first corner , getting picked up by an ambulance which crashes on the way to hospital, then catching rabies in your hospital bed and getting your leg amputated!
Spurs medical team denies any responsibility for the above event.

Back
Top Bottom