Has this season really been a disappointment?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weve beaten city on multiple occasions, brighton also.
Plus utd are overated and as shown recently very vulnerable

Pot meet kettle.

Last few months we have lost to wolves, Leicester, Bournemouth, Drew with Everton, Southampton. All bottom 6 teams.

Scored 7 goals and Conceded 12 goals in 5 matches. Vulnerable.

Are you another madman who thinks we are the greatest football team on earth right now? That the FA cup was a guarantee?

People wonder why we get called deluded!

Pot meet kettle.

Last few months we have lost to wolves, Leicester, Bournemouth, Drew with Everton, Southampton. All bottom 6 teams.

Scored 7 goals and Conceded 12 goals in 5 matches. Vulnerable.

Are you another madman who thinks we are the greatest football team on earth right now? That the FA cup was a guarantee?

People wonder why we get called deluded!
Where did i say that we're the greatest team? I never said fa cup was a guarantee either. I said we had a great chance. Massive difference yeah. So stop changing what i said to suit your arguement.

So by stating all those facts youre basically agreeing with me that the season has been shit.

What....that I can't respond or that the thread is being derailed without any intervention ?
Face Palm GIF

Okay, I know we are going to get the know it all forum police on here saying how bad a season we are having but has the season been as bad as we all think. I despise the smugness, arrogance and unapologetic nature of these fans.

I am like all of you disappointed so far as I had high hopes in the summer and thought we would be challenging for the title. However I think the toxic environment created will spring the club into unprecedented change with an exciting manager coming in the summer and the purse strings released for us to have our biggest summer spending in the history of the club. We will clear out a couple of the players not needed like sanchez and some of the players on loan. I do not think a full scale sell is needed as there is undoubted quality in this squad.

Let's look at the other teams which is also where I think as fans the season has been a success. Le arse have bottled the title after being in a position where they could not blow it. It is over. There is no way in hells pit, they are getting anything from the city game. There is more chance of me winning the national lottery. It actually makes me the happiest I have felt for a while that their fans had such hopes they would win it only to be devastated. It gives such pressure. This is more humiliating than our position as it was their one chance to win it and they will likely not get another chance in years. They pit all their beans into this basket with a trophy and it has resulted in beans on their faces. A le arse defeat is just as important as a spurs win. Give me spurs missing out on top 4 or le arse not winning the league. It is le arse failure all day long. I love my club but loving your club also means having love for your rivals demise.

Look at Chelsea who spent over 500 million only to have their worst season in forever. You think this sin and lack of a moral compass and flagrant ethical monetary irresponsibility will go unpunished. They are a mess. At least our owners care for the club and long term financial success. Chelsea really thought they wooild win the champions league. Liverpool are a state as well.

As I said there is still all to play for with us and the demise of some of our rivals and the so called big clubs has made the situation not look as bad. Some of the fans on here have failed the players with their lack of support but now is the time to get behind the team. I want to see huge support for our next home game, show the players love and sing your hearts out.
You not been arrested yet for illegally streaming PL games ?
Flashing Lights Police GIF by Alex Sheyn

In the grand scheme of things yes.

We went into the season riding a massive high wave of excitement. We ended last season strongly, scoring goals for fun, relatively solid defensively. Smashed Woolwich at our home ground and took fourth spot from them and even started the season well with a hammering of Southampton and getting a hard fought draw away at Stamford Bridge, a ground we rarely get a point at...

But it's been anything but exciting since. Dull performances clouded by results. Every single player in the team under-performing to the best of their abilities, all of which we saw at the back end of last season. Knocked out of the League Cup and FA Cups by clubs we shouldn't be losing to. We still find ourselves fifth and in a top four race but that probably comes to an end with a loss tomorrow.

We sacked our manager, who played extremely dull football only to replace him with his assistant manger, who plays the exact same way. Which doesn't really make sense and we've just lost at home to Bournemouth.

The only thing that would make this season feel worth something is Woolwich bottling the league from being 8 points clear.

In the grand scheme of things yes.

We went into the season riding a massive high wave of excitement. We ended last season strongly, scoring goals for fun, relatively solid defensively. Smashed Woolwich at our home ground and took fourth spot from them and even started the season well with a hammering of Southampton and getting a hard fought draw away at Stamford Bridge, a ground we rarely get a point at...

But it's been anything but exciting since. Dull performances clouded by results. Every single player in the team under-performing to the best of their abilities, all of which we saw at the back end of last season. Knocked out of the League Cup and FA Cups by clubs we shouldn't be losing to. We still find ourselves fifth and in a top four race but that probably comes to an end with a loss tomorrow.

We sacked our manager, who played extremely dull football only to replace him with his assistant manger, who plays the exact same way. Which doesn't really make sense and we've just lost at home to Bournemouth.

The only thing that would make this season feel worth something is Woolwich bottling the league from being 8 points clear.
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Back
Top Bottom