Have Spurs Slumped Again?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wish I hadn't...I've heard about twisting the facts to suit the story but this is just taking the piss.
don't we all twist facts to suit an agenda though? In some shape or form? You can't really deny that we've not been playing brilliantly of late so the fact he says a slump "could" be on the cards isn't massively wide of the truth.

FWIW I don't think we will slump but as has already been mentioned on this thread, it wouldn't be Spurs if we didn't have a bit of fear.

Footballing Cliche warning...

Isn't the sign of all truly great teams that they pick up wins and draws when they aren't playing at their best?

:avblol:

The idea that we have slumped again is nonesensical to me. Players always have purple patches. I never see anyone saying Defoe is a one man team when he goes on a scoring run.

I can think of times when VdV has carried us for a period, same Modric, same Parker and even Palacios saving us from relegation. There is very often a man of the moment, the only difference being Bale is having his name mentioned along with Ronaldo and Messi... So it's one man Tottenham.

Let's not make any bones. It would be a terrible loss to lose him, as it would Messi/Ronaldo. But Real and Barca would carry on and so will we.

As for last years slump, I am 100% positive that we would have finished 3rd had Redknapp not begun clearing his desk in his mind as soon as the England job became free.

Agree. Wouldn't say they are dickheads as such, but certainly members of the doom-and-gloom squad that infests our support, or by people with another agenda from outside our support.

Far from a one man team, certainly much less than the goons last year when RVP really saved them, ALL season, not just a few games.

A huge amount of credit should go to Lloris - note the change in the dynamics of the whole team when he is not in control of the penalty area.
Well said. As you say I don't condone using abusive words like 'dickhead', but the amount of negativity re our current superb run of results absolutely baffles me.

Also very well said about Lloris.

Re the Lyon goal, no way can Brad save it when the shot is made.

However, we'd got sucked into defending deep. Look where Gallas makes his poor clearance and how deep we are in general. Now of course we end up defending deep with Lloris too. But in general I would say it doesn't happen as much. That's not to criticise Brad, it's to praise the brilliance of Lloris and the way the whole team are adapting to the high line concept.

Back
Top Bottom