Have We Signed Bruno Fernandes Yet?????

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Understandably rejected to be fair considering the conditions of the add ons, though I didn't fully understand his statement plus another €20m ($22M) in bonuses for winning the Premier League and the Champions League
Was that amount split somehow between the two possible achievements or did Spurs have to win both :thumbdown:
Knowing how these things work it was probably a series of various bonuses, including one for winning the champions league and the premier league, with various amounts tied to each clause. Not just one big bonus. Probably a few connected to the players individual performances (why pay a bunch of bonuses if Bruno ends up just sitting on the bench?).

The club I keep track off here in Sweden sold our key striker this summer and had a bunch of bonuses in the deal that would if all were fulfilled give us double the money according to our sporting director.

...though I didn't fully understand his statement plus another €20m ($22M) in bonuses for winning the Premier League and the Champions League
Was that amount split somehow between the two possible achievements or did Spurs have to win both :thumbdown:
We had to win both, with Lo Celso scoring the winner in the 65th minute of the Final with a left foot volley, following a cross from Sonny, who was played through by Dele...

Otherwise, deal's off!! :levystare:

I don't think so, if you read this article that is linked above.
We offered 45 mil (+ unrealistic add-on clauses worth 20 mil), their chairman basically said that it seemed very-very unlikely that those clauses would materialize. This kind of implied that if we would have offered bit below it as straight up sum - say 55-60 mil it could have happened. But this is clearly down to interpretation.
From what I remember it was always Sporting demanding 70 mil up front with us offering 45 base + bonuses that would take it up to 60.

The Sporting president is also not the most trustworthy of characters. Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb can probably tell us more about how he is looked at in Portugal but wasn't it rumored that he let the ultras into the training ground to beat up his players?

Thread can be closed they rejected our bid and we left, all over the Portuguese press.

Atleast the saga was a quick one lasted about 4 hours :harryhmm:

Apparently we are returning to re-discuss either tomorrow or Monday. He is due to play on Sunday against Benfica so if he doesn't that may be an indication discussions are going well.

I don't think we're holding onto Eriksen, I think we're struggling to sell him.
The reasons we are struggling to sell Eriksen are 1 Eriksen will only go to a select few clubs, none of which have put in a bid, 2 Levy has placed a very high fee considering he only has 1 year contract 3 Eriksen was not playing well at the end of last season.

Back
Top Bottom