Have we signed Frank de Boer yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whats the score, Frank de Boer?

• Total voters
I was always an LVG guy this whole time but the more I read about FDB the more I am convinced we are the perfect club for him and he's the perfect manager for us. To win 4 straight Eredivisie titles, all doing so while losing the likes of Jan, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Suarez, van der Wiel, Stekelenburg, Urby Emanuelson and Vurnon Anita to name a few, is amazing. He's got great man management skills and is use to relying on the youth system. He may be the perfect manager for the likes of Tom Carroll and Milos Velkjovic to elevate them to the next level as well.

I think we're all just being hosed. Levy's master plan is to let all of this information get leaked and then he'll place an enormous bet on Sherwood staying manager and be able to fund the new stadium.

:adewtf::levyeyes:
I`ve already place my bet on Sherwood staying. 11/1 with betfair. I`m asking for him to be replaced in my prayers every night but the unthinkable happens, I want some sort of financial compensation.

Surely we have already gone down this young manager trying to build a squad over time route. AVB had that philosophy, the promise of time. I'd love FDB (purely because you can abbreviate his name) but I honestly don't believe we could give a manager time to build, would love it if we did but it seems pretty fucking unlikely :avbnaa:

Surely we have already gone down this young manager trying to build a squad over time route. AVB had that philosophy, the promise of time. I'd love FDB (purely because you can abbreviate his name) but I honestly don't believe we could give a manager time to build, would love it if we did but it seems pretty fucking unlikely :avbnaa:

Then you'd be delighted if we keep TS then

This was on HITC earlier...

"Spurs? I know nothing,”

giphy.gif

Last edited:

AVB leaving was likely much more to do with his relationship with Levy and other significant members of the club than an apprehension to allow a young manager to build something.

Also working against AVB is that fans— especially at Tottenham—are much less likely to tolerate a manager who plays an ugly style of football when the results stop coming than a manager who plays attacking football getting the same poor results. Same thing happened to Bert van Marwijk with the Dutch national team. He was tolerated while getting results with a pragmatic style but when things went south he didn't have the support necessary to allow him to survive a downtick. FDB will bring a much more open and attacking Ajax like style than AVB had which will certainly work in his favor.

:freundgoal: The Eriksen song will no longer be shite! On this basis alone, bring him in!

That shouldn't be a problem, they'll want instant success or they'll give Giggs a go. I don't see them getting rid of Giggs just to replace him with another 'project' manager.

I'm pretty confident that the deal's been done. There's a reason LvG told us no outright three weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom