Have We Signed Michel Vorm Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our 3rd choice is Alfie Whiteman (21), who's incredably inexperienced. Vorm bridges the gap between Gazzaniga and Whiteman, which I think makes a lot of sense. Also, to have Vorm around on matchdays will be good support for Gazzaninga and perhaps the entire team might be a very negative feel if Gazza woke up with a cold and couldn't play. Vorm just slots in, experienced, knows the team well, they know him well etc...

Only downside is that as Vorm is overseas trained I don't think we can fit him into CL squad, but ok for PL squad

Ahh, had forgotten that.

Doesn't stop us signing a home trained GK, but when I looked round there were not too many options, best I could see was Mark Bunn (Spurs academy trained) who had PL experience with Norwich and Aston Villa, now GK coach at Colchester after being released by Villa in the summer.

We can of course change the CL squad in January, if Spurs fell it necessary to include rn Vorm in the squad for the knockout stages.

giphy.gif
Actually searched for the Vorm thread so that I could post that gif...

This is a logical move, we need a backup to our backup and nobody in the academy is good enough yet for PL football, Vorm knows the players and the club.

Not sure what the issue is, that being said, neither Gazza or Vorm are good enough to be first choice imo but what else can we do right now?

Think signing a keeper next window should be a priority personally.

Donnarumma has just over a year left of his current contract and AC Milan are all over the shop. I saw we swoop as there aren't many top teams who need a new GK at the moment.

We're probably paying double what we paid last season ...

We Spurs fans have short memories- he really isn’t good enough for Spurs even as a back up. Like Gazza he has mistakes in him but at least Gazza has physical presence and a decent reach. I don’t remember any games that Vorm played in when I felt confident in him - he is too small and weak. I also remember the goal kick that he took that went out for a corner.

Back
Top Bottom