Have we signed Paulo Dybala yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've watched Dybala since he was in Serie B with Palermo (wife is of Sicilian heritage and a Palermo supporter), and he's probably my favourite player in the world that isn't at Spurs.

The idea that he's overrated on the back of one season playing along side Ronaldo who basically took up all of his space and touches is hilarious. Here's his Serie A goal totals the past 5 seasons:

14-15 (Palermo): 13
15-16 (Juventus): 19
16-17 (Juventus): 11
17-18 (Juventus): 22
18-19 (Juventus): 5

It's obvious that Ronaldo had a massive impact on him, and they really cannot play together. That makes Dybala at 25 somehow available, despite being one of the best young forwards in the world. It's an insane situation and one that any club with a brain would try to jump on.

Dybala has been at his best playing off a bigger striker who can finish chances he creates as well as occupy larger center halves, allowing him to drift in and out of spaces along the whole front line ... in many ways, similar to the role Dele has had with Spurs. His partnership with Higuain was sublime, and he would likely find a similarly rich partnership with Kane.

It's an interesting scenario - Juve have fucked up and got 6 players they can't even register for the coming CL season plus a huge wages bill .... that might mean a cheap Dybala sale to PSG, however for that to happen PSG need to shift Neymar and that could have a knock on effect with Pogba and even Eriksen. If Dybala isn't transferred, and isn't registered for the CL, he will be a near certainty to move in January ... can't see what's stopping us penciling an agreement now for January ... who knows maybe we have

giphy.gif

I am nowhere near as excited for this signing in 2022 as I was a few years ago.

He's a couple of years older and a couple of injuries more worn down. not to mention that I would prefer to build the right side of our attack around Kulusevski, who is a young hard working player on the up swing.
Keep developing Dejan and let him become a cornerstone of our project instead.

Hercules said:
STRIKERS
I do not have any intel on Llorente 1 year proposal. But we do not want to spend good money on a ‘back-up’ (word I don’t like). Whilst Troy may not be ready, and the potential of the kid which we signed from Notts County. I am hearing that we are concerned about spending large in that department.

Tentative inquiries have taken place on experienced ‘back-ups’, but proving challenging, as quality experience have options. If a very good and attractive deal is there near the end of the window, we look at it.

This is my opinion now! All down to Llorente I would say.

Sounds like accurate itk. :sonpoint:

There's nothing to this at all. There's more stories linking him to Man Utd than us. The only people who've benefited from this are the bookies as he's been backed down to 3/1. If there were any truth he'd be odds on. He'll still be at Juve no question come September. Very much a Sarri type player.

Worst part about it is I feel we are genuinely interested and that he would want to come here - we just are nowhere near proactive enough and like to wait around for shit to happen for some reason

Back
Top Bottom