Have we signed Zaniolo yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if we have 1 eye on the World Cup when considering this signing. Given that Italy are not in the World Cup; it could be a shrewd bit of business.

A loan deal with option to buy sounds like it could have legs; and benefit us around Nov-Jan when players may be fatigued / absent.

Similar, I expect Moura, Skipp, Forster, Sanchez, Kulu to be 'protected' during the first half of the season to ensure that are fit for the fixtures around the WC. With any luck, Dier won't get called up.

I saw nothing from him on Saturday or seen anything from him in the past that makes me feel we should make this signing.
Not that I think I know more than. Conte and Paratici but this doesn’t particularly excite me.

A fair comment if only based on that one game, as he did nothing, but he is a good player, and probably unfair to base a decision on that game alone.

I think he'd bring something to the squad so would like to get him in. More importantly, I've stood by the mantra 'if Conte wants him, get him' all window, and see no point in diverging from that thought process now.

Zaniolo in!

Well Paqueta and Maddison left then.

I am now going to take a doom and gloom approach and assume we'll sign nobody else.

Levy out!

barack obama laughing GIF by Obama

I saw nothing from him on Saturday or seen anything from him in the past that makes me feel we should make this signing.
Not that I think I know more than. Conte and Paratici but this doesn’t particularly excite me.
Yeah, but did you see the you tube clip ?

A fair comment if only based on that one game, as he did nothing, but he is a good player, and probably unfair to base a decision on that game alone.

I think he'd bring something to the squad so would like to get him in. More importantly, I've stood by the mantra 'if Conte wants him, get him' all window, and see no point in diverging from that thought process now.

Zaniolo in!
I did say it was also based on other games.

Decent player, but I would pass on him due to the following factors…
- Horrendous injury record which isn’t going to be helped by joining a much more physical league.
- Very poor goals/assists output.
- Very similar player to Kulu style wise. We would be better off in my humble opinion having a different option/type of player to rotate in the RW/RF position.

Considering he’d likely cost in excess of 60 million it would seem, I honestly think we could get a better player. It’s a pass from me.

We should absolutely not be looking for "something different". That sort of thinking led us astray, from the attacking lineup of Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela and Kane, and the beautiful football they created, to the one-dimensional counterattack-only-viable-option football with Bergwijn, Moura and Son. We need more of the same as Kulu offers, to get the best out of the likes of Son and Kane, not "something different" that is often a can-run-fast one-trick pony.

£50m seems so high for someone that has done so little.

3 years at Roma:

59 Seria A starts (81 apps).
0 CL apps
12 goals
10 assists.

It's funny; (in ref to Ndmbele) I just read AC Milan fans complaining about rich EPL clubs ruining the trf market by paying big fees and wages for players that have yet to win a major trophy.

Isnt-it-ironic.gif

3 years at Roma:

0 CL apps
12 goals
10 assists.

It's funny; (in ref to Ndmbele) I just read AC Milan fans complaining about rich EPL clubs ruining the trf market by paying big fees and wages for players that have yet to win a major trophy.

Isnt-it-ironic.gif

There is obviously something Conte’s see’s in Zaniolo that we don’t, I agree £50m seems very high and I would consider Maddison at £60m to be reasonable given his stats, prem experience and home grown element.

Based on what we have done so far I support the Zaniolo transfer if it’s Conte’s wish but only because it is Conte’s wish, if that wasn’t the case I wouldn’t have any excitement for it.

There is obviously something Conte’s see’s in Zaniolo that we don’t, I agree £50m seems very high and I would consider Maddison at £60m to be reasonable given his stats, prem experience and home grown element.

Based on what we have done so far I support the Zaniolo transfer if it’s Conte’s wish but only because it is Conte’s wish, if that wasn’t the case I wouldn’t have any excitement for it.

Agreed on all points. 👍

3 years at Roma:

0 CL apps
12 goals
10 assists.

Isnt-it-ironic.gif
Doesn't make sense at that price, especially with the injuries.

Conte seems to love him, but what's he seeing? Zaniolo isn't going to suddenly post Deki level goals/assists. Maybe he has a deeper role in mind but I don't really see it.

Back
Top Bottom