Have we signed Zaniolo yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It seems that Mourinho has convinced Zaniolo to stay at AS Roma. There was an agreement with Tottenham but I think it's blocked

7674e08e92a8039eacaa75d1f6eba08b.jpg

Nicolo Zaniolo was ready to join Tottenham Hotspur last week and had agreed personal terms before Jose Mourinho stepped in and convinced the attacking midfielder to change his mind, according to a report from Corriere dello Sport.

Zaniolo has been a Spurs target throughout the summer. In fact, reports at the start of year claimed that Antonio Conte dreamt of using the Italy international in the same team as Harry Kane.

And Fabio Paratici has been pushing to get a deal done. It seemed that an agreement had been reached.

Corriere dello Sport claims that Zaniolo had his bags packed last week. Tottenham agreed a loan deal with an obligation to buy for £42.3 million.
But then, Mourinho stepped in.

According to CDS, Mourinho has convinced Zaniolo to stay one more year. In fact, Roma hope that he will now sign a new contract so that he can earn even more upon his departure next summer.

The Giallorossi capitalised on Zaniolo’s change of heart and told Tottenham that they will now only sell the 23-year-old permanently. The asking price is the £42.3 million Spurs were looking to pay next summer.

However, a move in this window is no longer an option for Tottenham.

Zaniolo was ready to join Tottenham
Obviously, it would naive to think that this is the last we will hear of Zaniolo and Tottenham this summer. But it does appear that he is looking set to stay in the Italian capital for now.

It is a setback for Spurs, particularly if Zaniolo was one step away from making the move. He is an ‘incredible‘ talent. And Conte clearly loves the player.

But it seems that Mourinho has done enough to ensure that he gives Roma one more year.
=======================================================================

I'll take this all with a pinch of salt I think. We didn't hear any pip about the deal being close to done last week. It would be a silly gamble by Mourinho .

have some ITK, i know you lot love him on this site.

Hercules​

Well-Known Member​

Jul 23, 20145,140137,104
Roma would have to match his wage ambitions on a new contract. What we offered him is a ridiculous amount compared to what he is on now. And I have not heard Mourinho is demanding he stays. We agreed everything (terms) with Roma last week. We did not expect him to play Saturday. There are contingencies in place. Them materialising is a different matter. But his agent is pressing for his client to get him here. Now you understand the ‘impasse’.
let me guess he got loots of love on that post from the ass kissers

their season starts on Saturday, from his perspective it's probably a bit late to have one of his key men ripped out of his starting 11 by the club that sacked him last.

There's a deal to be done I believe, we wouldn't be bidding if we didn't get the encouragement to bid.

Depends on how much we offer obviously, no way they are turning down good money (say £35-40m) for a player with that sort of injury record despite what Jose says

There's a deal to be done I believe, we wouldn't be bidding if we didn't get the encouragement to bid.

Depends on how much we offer obviously, no way they are turning down good money (say £35-40m) for a player with that sort of injury record despite what Jose says
totally agree a club like Roma will not turn down a big money option for any of there players but the loan options aren't going to work on one of their key men it seems

Nicolo Zaniolo was ready to join Tottenham Hotspur last week and had agreed personal terms before Jose Mourinho stepped in and convinced the attacking midfielder to change his mind, according to a report from Corriere dello Sport.

Zaniolo has been a Spurs target throughout the summer. In fact, reports at the start of year claimed that Antonio Conte dreamt of using the Italy international in the same team as Harry Kane.

And Fabio Paratici has been pushing to get a deal done. It seemed that an agreement had been reached.

Corriere dello Sport claims that Zaniolo had his bags packed last week. Tottenham agreed a loan deal with an obligation to buy for £42.3 million.
But then, Mourinho stepped in.

According to CDS, Mourinho has convinced Zaniolo to stay one more year. In fact, Roma hope that he will now sign a new contract so that he can earn even more upon his departure next summer.

The Giallorossi capitalised on Zaniolo’s change of heart and told Tottenham that they will now only sell the 23-year-old permanently. The asking price is the £42.3 million Spurs were looking to pay next summer.

However, a move in this window is no longer an option for Tottenham.

Zaniolo was ready to join Tottenham
Obviously, it would naive to think that this is the last we will hear of Zaniolo and Tottenham this summer. But it does appear that he is looking set to stay in the Italian capital for now.

It is a setback for Spurs, particularly if Zaniolo was one step away from making the move. He is an ‘incredible‘ talent. And Conte clearly loves the player.

But it seems that Mourinho has done enough to ensure that he gives Roma one more year.
=======================================================================

I'll take this all with a pinch of salt I think. We didn't hear any pip about the deal being close to done last week. It would be a silly gamble by Mourinho .
Potential top player, extraordinary body but two major injuries (one for each leg) that led to long recoveries.
The head then has to be shaped. In the past, several immature mistakes with Kean in the national team and in general a somewhat turbulent life (already a daughter had by an ex-girlfriend).

It can be a big bet or a bluff.

let me guess he got loots of love on that post from the ass kissers

This is the same fucking liar that said, at 4.07pm yesterday:
There is still an impasse. Ball is in their court. What we have offered is very fair.

And then at 10.16am today
Roma would have to match his wage ambitions on a new contract. What we offered him is a ridiculous amount compared to what he is on now. And I have not heard Mourinho is demanding he stays. We agreed everything (terms) with Roma last week.

The guy is the itk equivalent of a movie continuity error.

have some ITK, i know you lot love him on this site.

Hercules​

Well-Known Member​

Jul 23, 20145,140137,104
Roma would have to match his wage ambitions on a new contract. What we offered him is a ridiculous amount compared to what he is on now. And I have not heard Mourinho is demanding he stays. We agreed everything (terms) with Roma last week. We did not expect him to play Saturday. There are contingencies in place. Them materialising is a different matter. But his agent is pressing for his client to get him here. Now you understand the ‘impasse’.
Welcome to the forum.

Foul voted for posting SC nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom