Heroes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This topic is the equivalent to a child throwing a tantrum.

WHY DO NO ONE LIKE WHO I LIKE?! WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

No, its the equivalent of someone calling out a load of know nothing social media cretins who think they have the right to judge the credentials of a qualified doctor because:

"ME WANT BEST PLAYERS FIT NOW!!! WAAAAHHHHH!!!

Not sure how many of you would agree with me, but I think that we need that medical bird from Chelsea. I only occasionally watch Chelsea matches because she might run onto the pitch.

I don't think that anyone here has the medical knowledge to legitimately question their respective capabilities within their profession.

To do so would be foolish.

Every team thinks they are hard done by. One team has to be at the bottom of the 'injury list' table - last year it was us. Don't think that warrants bringing into question our medical team's standards of working.

We all know everything, don't we.

You keep on saying other people aren't qualified to have an opinion on this, well neither are you.

Errr....one is a qualified doctor, and one is head physio of a PL football club.

I am not qualified to know what they do medically.

But my brain tells me that the immense amount of studies they passed and criteria that qualified them to land their jobs means that they know what they are doing.

Your brain tells you that because you want Spurs to win, and some players are out injured that you would like to play..........we should change medics.

:adethumbup:

No, its the equivalent of someone calling out a load of know nothing social media cretins who think they have the right to judge the credentials of a qualified doctor because:

"ME WANT BEST PLAYERS FIT NOW!!! WAAAAHHHHH!!!

You titled the thread "Heroes." You're upset because other people don't like who you like. Plus, you're trying to pull on people's heart strings by pulling out the one time they saved someone's life on the pitch. Maybe if someone in the stands has a heart attack and our physios run into the stands to save their life I'll agree with you, but seeing as I expect they couldn't give a flying fuck about anyone that gets paid less than 10 grand a week...I'm not biting.

Last edited:
There are serious issues to be raised with our injury list which is almost always at the top of near the top of the league season in season out. The medical staff did a great job with Muamba and indivdually I assume or expect they are probably all very good, I doubt we have complete morons on the medical team.

However the stats show that somewhere along the line we have an issue, it might be that our medical team is too small for the size of our squad, maybe we haven't spent enough on the right medical facilities. There might be a number of factors, it is better to do a careful anaysis and remedy the situation with money if needed to make sure we have the full resources to keep the players fit.

The same club also paid Ramos, AVB and Sherwood to be good football managers. Some would argue that they weren't.

They deserve respect for the way they handled the muamba situation (though also helped out massively by the response of the ambulance crew and the expert heart doctor that happened to be say a few yards away in the stands)

But I think it's acceptable to lightheartedly question whether they are up to the standard required to keep these players fit and healthy enough to get through a premier league season
I don't think you can compare a highly skilled and trained profession, with football management. UEFA coaching badges are not on par with 7-year medical degrees.

I do agree we can light-heartedly question, but on here, what is the point, when no one will have the answers?

We also pay professional footballers, have done for many years - does that mean we cannot say they are incompetent too when they clearly have been?

I am not saying our medics are good or bad compared to the rest, none of us have a clue, just saying like in every profession, you can have 10 people all with same credentials yet perform different standards and methods

too many injuries could just as easily be bad coaching

pushing players to hard hence they break

or the players not looking after themselves to a good standard diets, exercise etc...

there's a lot of different variables to be considered really

me personally I'd fire them both and hire some strippers :freundgoal:

Errr....one is a qualified doctor, and one is head physio of a PL football club.

I am not qualified to know what they do medically.

But my brain tells me that the immense amount of studies they passed and criteria that qualified them to land their jobs means that they know what they are doing.

Your brain tells you that because you want Spurs to win, and some players are out injured that you would like to play..........we should change medics.

:adethumbup:

For every doctor there is one that finished in the bottom of his class. Just because you're qualified doesn't mean you're the best in your field.

For the record, I don't think that firing our whole medical staff is a good idea. However, if there is a problem that is associated with a specific element it needs to be worked on. Like Mad Yid Mad Yid said, there are so many variables when it comes to this subject you can't neccisarily put the blame on one person.

The only reason I'm arguing at all is that I think the concept of this thread is dumb.

EDIT: maybe not the concept, but the subject line just irks me.

not-this-shit-again.jpg

Back
Top Bottom