Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That is what a proper Captain and Legend does 👊💪

heung-min-son-heungmin.gif

Probably the worst manager in recent history from what I've seen.

Japan and Korea have great players but wrong managers.
Klinny is a bit of a whining git isn't he?

But, he is one of the genuinely world class players to have played for us in my time supporting (since 84):

- Hoddle
- Lineker
- Waddle
- Gascoigne
- Klinnsman
- Sheringham
- Bale
- Modric
- Kane

Who else would make that list? Son? Dembele? Vertonghen? Walker?

But, he is one of the genuinely world class players to have played for us in my time supporting (since 84):

- Hoddle
- Lineker
- Waddle
- Gascoigne
- Klinnsman
- Sheringham
- Bale
- Modric
- Kane

Guess that depends on how you define world class, I guess.

- Hoddle
- Lineker
- Waddle
- Gascoigne
- Klinnsman
- Sheringham
- Bale
- Modric
- Kane

King easily one of the worlds best centerback(....when fit..😔) If we sadly acknowledge that arse Henry was world class he says King was the best.

On HOW you define a world class player pretty easy for me. Would the individual have made an international 22 man squad in his position over the decade of his peak years.

King easily one of the worlds best centerback(....when fit..😔) If we sadly acknowledge that arse Henry was world class he says King was the best.

On HOW you define a world class player pretty easy for me. Would the individual have made an international 22 man squad in his position over the decade of his peak years.
Difficult because the style and tactics have changed so much over the years. You can't put greavsie and pele in a 21st century team just as Messi wouldn't fit into a 70s team. I really think "world class" needs to be divided chronologically.

Difficult because the style and tactics have changed so much over the years. You can't put greavsie and pele in a 21st century team just as Messi wouldn't fit into a 70s team. I really think "world class" needs to be divided chronologically.
I honestly think you could stick Pele in any time period. He was very strong, a great team player and what he did with a ball that weighed more than Fred Flintstone's bidet beggars belief.

I honestly think you could stick Pele in any time period. He was very strong, a great team player and what he did with a ball that weighed more than Fred Flintstone's bidet beggars belief.
I rate Stanley Matthews in a similar way(what i have seen of him).In his day,the balls and boots really were heavy.Would love to see what he could do with modern footwear.

I believe Henry said Taribo West was the toughest centre back he ever faced.

Think his words on King were that he was simply the only defender he faced who would tackle fairly. No shirt grabbing etc.

- Hoddle
- Lineker
- Waddle
- Gascoigne
- Klinnsman
- Sheringham
- Bale
- Modric
- Kane

Definitely Son. Maybe Maddison if he keeps his form from the start of the season.

Back
Top Bottom