Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would people rather do with Son - give him a new contract and see him retire as a Spurs player, or wait for an opportune time to sell him for a decent fee?

And if it's option 2, when is that opportune time? I see him having a very sudden decline at some point where he goes from complete asset to the team to a bit of a burden. And tbh, I don't think it'll take another 2 or 3 years for that to happen.

Son should retire here, no question about it. He deserves it.

If he’s happy to stay on the same money keep him until retirement but he shouldn’t be guaranteed a start if not in form.
The great players are the first to admit when they shouldn't be in the team. This was the case with Danny Blanchflower. When it was time for the conversation, Bill Nick said to him "The other players haven't been helping you" and Danny's response was "If they have to help me, I'm a passenger".

I'm hopeful that Son has another good season or two left for us. He might even help us win a trophy.

If he’s happy to stay on the same money keep him until retirement but he shouldn’t be guaranteed a start if not in form.
For me, him being here causes a problem. If his form dips I suspect he still plays most games just because it keeps the fans coming.
Son should retire here, no question about it. He deserves it.
What if he doesn't retire for years and is shit for all of them?

Back
Top Bottom