Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

VS manchester city - 18 matches 8G4A

VS Woolwich - 20 matches 8G3A

VS liverpool - 16 matches 7G1A

VS manchester united - 16 matches 4G1A

VS chelsea - 19 matches 2G

Total 89 matches 29G9A.

This season:

vs villa - 1G2A
vs Woolwich - 3G
vs man city - 1G1A
vs liverpool - 2G

He was one of the top scorers against the top 4 this season. Use your brain.
Bro brought the receipts 😂

VS manchester city - 18 matches 8G4A

VS Woolwich - 20 matches 8G3A

VS liverpool - 16 matches 7G1A

VS manchester united - 16 matches 4G1A

VS chelsea - 19 matches 2G

Total 89 matches 29G9A.

This season:

vs villa - 1G2A
vs Woolwich - 3G
vs man city - 1G1A
vs liverpool - 2G

He was one of the top scorers against the top 4 this season. Use your brain.
That Chelsea stat is rotten.

Heung-Min Son picked over Bukayo Saka​

Shearer spoke about both Son and Saka

“I’ve got Son, I’m going for Son. I was either going to put Saka or Son, but I’m going to put Son. He’s that good,” Shearer said.

“I was just thinking about where I could put him in, but, Son.”

Son is of course one of our best players, but he's always been streaky. When he's bad it looks pretty hopeless..the ball bouncing off him, passes going nowhere and just running into defenders. Kane used to be there next to him to take the pressure off during those periods. Now, he's more exposed.

Heung-Min Son picked over Bukayo Saka​

Shearer spoke about both Son and Saka

“I’ve got Son, I’m going for Son. I was either going to put Saka or Son, but I’m going to put Son. He’s that good,” Shearer said.

“I was just thinking about where I could put him in, but, Son.”

Son is miles clear of Saka

for now at least. Saka is still young.

Son is becoming smarter as he ages. It's making up for his loss of pace and explosiveness.

In years gone past he wouldn't have played some of the defence splitting passes and throughballs he does now, he's more of a creator, some of those outside-of-the-boot passes he's been making down the line recently have been filthy.

We still need to look for his long term successor but the idea he'll be finished in 6 months is for the birds. Still by far and away our best attacker and good for a few more years yet. Just don't play him up top.

Son is of course one of our best players, but he's always been streaky. When he's bad it looks pretty hopeless..the ball bouncing off him, passes going nowhere and just running into defenders. Kane used to be there next to him to take the pressure off during those periods. Now, he's more exposed.
Who wasn't streaky in the past 20 years?

Kane too was famous for being MIA in early season August/June and at the end of season.

Son is becoming smarter as he ages. It's making up for his loss of pace and explosiveness.

In years gone past he wouldn't have played some of the defence splitting passes and throughballs he does now, he's more of a creator, some of those outside-of-the-boot passes he's been making down the line recently have been filthy.

We still need to look for his long term successor but the idea he'll be finished in 6 months is for the birds. Still by far and away our best attacker and good for a few more years yet. Just don't play him up top.
He needs to shoot more. Miss his wonder goals.

Who wasn't streaky in the past 20 years?

Kane too was famous for being MIA in early season August/June and at the end of season.
It's pretty extreme with Son imv and I think that's the reason he never attracted serious interest from the biggest clubs. Numbers alone look great of course. Kane's form never dipped so much and over so long periods.

It's pretty extreme with Son imv and I think that's the reason he never attracted serious interest from the biggest clubs. Numbers alone look great of course. Kane's form never dipped so much and over so long periods.
Its funny though, how many wingers can you name that is better than him and puts up better numbers?

I'm pretty sure clubs were interested but he shot it down. No way a player of his caliber and his market background not attract interest. He is just loyal and we should be thankful for it.

Its funny though, how many wingers can you name that is better than him and puts up better numbers?

I'm pretty sure clubs were interested but he shot it down. No way a player of his caliber and his market background not attract interest. He is just loyal and we should be thankful for it.
Many assumptions there and I disagree.

Back
Top Bottom