Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing is I think he is clearly working harder too which is possibly why it's paying off. He's doing alot more tracking and defensive work now. Maybe it makes him harder to mark not being higher up the pitch all the time 🤔. I don't know but I hope he keeps it up all year and it's not just a purple patch.

I don't want to speak as to whether or not he's working harder or not because who knows lol. I've always thought he was a hard worker on and off the pitch. This video explains what's happening tactically which is what I was getting at. His uptick in production is a function of Jose setting up the attack differently and utilizing Son correctly.

It's very good, shows that Jose is helping to handle the lad's affairs and that can only help strengthen the relationship between them. Son obviously trusts Mourinho's advice.

Sure fucking A
I guess then the only question left for me burning would be who will handle Mourinho's domestic deals

Sonny finally getting the world class treatment from the media he deserves:

“I think Son is so understated and he doesn't get the glitz of some of the other top players in the league,” Neville said on Monday Night Football on Sky Sports.

I wonder why that is. Manure ship 6 goals at OT and in the post match punditry you'd be hard pressed to find which team actually beat them. What a throbber.

It's very good, shows that Jose is helping to handle the lad's affairs and that can only help strengthen the relationship between them. Son obviously trusts Mourinho's advice.
BASE is also Levy's preferred agency to do business with. Dele, Walker, Rose, Edwards, Onomah. Multiple Spurs players over the years have been or are represented by BASE.

That’s a really good article. Must be honest and reveal my ignorance but I never knew there was a paper called the Hindu. It’s much, much better than 90% of the shitrags we have. Just reporting properly. No agenda or shit stirring.

son was terrible today. looks very tired. he need some rest
Yes it's expected given where he was playing today. As I've said many times before, Son's not effective when he plays way out wide. He wasn't playing in the same area as he was in the past several games when we were just piling on goals for fun.

Overall, the Spurs attack as a whole is not as effective when Son's playing way out there. We were so out of sync all game - I'm not sure why keep going with the Kane up top/forward and Son+another winger formation on attack. It's been highly ineffective the past season or two and I don't expect that to miraculously change. We've been much more effective when Kane drops back and/or plays wider than he usually does, playing largely as a false 9 and/or #10, and have Son roam around more centrally and forward.

Last edited:
You can see him trying to fake those runs and make run behinds available to others. Pretty poor from him today and he didn’t link up well with Reg either.

Back
Top Bottom