Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been arguing for awhile now that Poch in the absence of Dembele, needs to drop Carroll, put Alli further back and start Son. Son's injury may have been a factor though, but I'm perplexed as to why Carroll has been starting, especially since Bentaleb is injury free.
I assume it is because Carroll moves the ball around very quickly. We have Dier to protect him (usually). This worked first half, not so much when teams actually close us down.

He'll have games like yesterday. He'll also have games like Watford where he'll come off the bench and be a hero and loved by all Spurs. It won't be easy for him having to come on when in this system everyone has to be on the same wave length - unfortunately it didn't seem like any of our subs knew what was meant of them or what they were doing which was sad but they didn't cost us the game so we'll move on and hope they perform better when next given the chance.

I have no doubt Son will start in the FA Cup against Leicester and will perform well in front of our home fans.

Carroll keeps the team ticking over no doubt, his strength seems to be quick forward passing, which is not a bad strength to have if we are honest. But he gives the ball away cheaply at times and isn't strong enough on the ball or in the tackle. With Dembele, Dier and Alli firing I can see why Bentaleb is getting benched, but how he goes from certain first 11, to being behind Carroll is perplexing, especially since his strength is forward passing but he can actually beat a player and is strong on and off the ball.

Agree with all that but I think Poch is fed up with Benty giving the ball away cheaply and his showboating doesn't help but he is strong in the tackle and I can't fault his desire but with midfield talent at our disposal it's a good problem to have.

The cup game against Leicester could see a few rotated and I would definitely rest Harry maybe play Son or even Chadli up front.

I don't know how many times I have to say this to people.

Foreigners need at least a season before you judge them, adapting to the Prem is hard work. Son is no exception.

Exhibit A. Erik Lamela.

Give the lad time.

Also, therealITK is quite obviously not Spurs. Just a troll with a lot of time on his hands. Ignore.

I've been arguing for awhile now that Poch in the absence of Dembele, needs to drop Carroll, put Alli further back and start Son. Son's injury may have been a factor though, but I'm perplexed as to why Carroll has been starting, especially since Bentaleb is injury free.

Carroll's stats yesterday probably reveal the answer to that.

Son did look bad against Everton but he was great against Monaco. I really like the front 4 against Monaco. I really think Son will be great but just needs some time. Like others have said, Its taken a year for the rest of the team to get Poch's style. Son was great for Leverkusen

His first touch wasn't the best against Everton. I hope he does what Kane did last season in Europa.

What did Kane do last season in Europa? Whatever he did I hope you understand Son is not going to do it in same fashion. We need to play to his strength and that is where I am not worried too much bc we got Poch.

What did Kane do last season in Europa? Whatever he did I hope you understand Son is not going to do it in same fashion. We need to play to his strength and that is where I am not worried too much bc we got Poch.

He scored a bunch of goals and got his form and confidence up and then hopefully that translates to form in the league.

I say we try starting him, and sub him off if he's bad. I think he starts/maintains a game much better than coming in as a sub. He can get into the flow better and have a better impact, and potentially gives us a better sub (whoever he replaces) if need be.

I say we try starting him, and sub him off if he's bad. I think he starts/maintains a game much better than coming in as a sub. He can get into the flow better and have a better impact, and potentially gives us a better sub (whoever he replaces) if need be.

Who would he start over?

You're joking right? I hope so...
I've been watching him since U-17 and he will definitely come good. He didn't really get going for Bayer until his 2nd season either, and that's in a familiar league/country and no language change.
I got that HmsRhymeMaster was joking. We do pass the ball really hard though. It asks a lot of a player's first touch. Just the sort of thing to go a little when coming back from injury.

Back
Top Bottom