Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you wouldn't cry at a funeral say if it was a family members'? What a ridiculous statement.

Not only that but as a Dad he'd never be so happy for his son that he'd cry, or overwhelmed with pride? Or never experienced something so funny he cried with laughter?
Crying is just the body's release when it reaches an extreme of emotion, that doesn't always have to be sadness. It's disappointing to see people go through life with stunted emotions and not being able to experience it to the fullest.

Is there a single player at this club that posters want to stay? Whilst it was bad not buying anyone a few years back it is also bad making too many changes like when Bale left.
I cannot see how you can sell Son and justify keeping Kane. If Kane goes Son is our top goal scorer and no one else at the club gets near his goal scoring. It is hard enough to find a replacement for Kane but impossible to get 2 players in that will replace the goals Son &Kane scored this season. I would sell Moura, Dele Lamela and Bergwjn before Son. But not all of them. We do not want to become a Brighton and have loads of goal chances but not many goals.

At the moment Son isn’t worth his place and neither is Harry

They’re both just going through the motions like quite a few are

Is there a single player at this club that posters want to stay? Whilst it was bad not buying anyone a few years back it is also bad making too many changes like when Bale left.
I cannot see how you can sell Son and justify keeping Kane. If Kane goes Son is our top goal scorer and no one else at the club gets near his goal scoring. It is hard enough to find a replacement for Kane but impossible to get 2 players in that will replace the goals Son &Kane scored this season. I would sell Moura, Dele Lamela and Bergwjn before Son. But not all of them. We do not want to become a Brighton and have loads of goal chances but not many goals.

As I said earlier in the thread we've got much bigger problems than Son so I don't know why he's been singled out for so much criticism right now. We've really got to focus on clearing out the deadwood before we worry about Son especially if Kane goes.
The transfer window doesn't open until June 9th, but the Euros start on the 11th so it's going to be a very difficult window to do business in. I don't think we'll see much (if any) business done before the tournament finishes and by that point there will only be 7 weeks left of the window. Levy needs to use that time wisely because we've probably get 6-8 players who need to go before Son and the incomings to deal with.

As I said earlier in the thread we've got much bigger problems than Son so I don't know why he's been singled out for so much criticism right now. We've really got to focus on clearing out the deadwood before we worry about Son especially if Kane goes.
The transfer window doesn't open until June 9th, but the Euros start on the 11th so it's going to be a very difficult window to do business in. I don't think we'll see much (if any) business done before the tournament finishes and by that point there will only be 7 weeks left of the window. Levy needs to use that time wisely because we've probably get 6-8 players who need to go before Son and the incomings to deal with.
Son hasn’t been singled out, just rightly criticised for being gash and not putting an effort in like most of our side lately
They’re a disgrace and not fit to wear the shirt!

At the moment Son isn’t worth his place and neither is Harry

They’re both just going through the motions like quite a few are
We have no one better at present and with our recent purchase failures, it is better the devil you ,know. Son has scored lots of goals and whilst hard work is important without goals you cannot win matches.

Moura and Dele have world class potential. When I manage them, they literally go on to win Player of the Year and take us to lift the European cup. The issue here is that they are totally mismanaged. We have a team full of youth and quality at Spurs and the best Stadium and Academy and facilities in London. Actually the UK. How hard can this be?

We have no one better at present and with our recent purchase failures, it is better the devil you ,know. Son has scored lots of goals and whilst hard work is important without goals you cannot win matches.
But when Son doesn’t score he’s just a passenger
Lucas puts in the effort but not one of Mason’s mates

Moura and Dele have world class potential. When I manage them, they literally go on to win Player of the Year and take us to lift the European cup. The issue here is that they are totally mismanaged. We have a team full of youth and quality at Spurs and the best Stadium and Academy and facilities in London. Actually the UK. How hard can this be?
Okay, as one of the resident old fogies on here, I'll bite!
You do realise that FM has no bearing on real life, don't you?
:pocheyes:

Personally,I think we should bring captain America,Hulk &Spiderman in from the Avengers films I watch. Not sure how good they'd be in Football Manager,but in the real world I reckon they would fit right in...

Okay, as one of the resident old fogies on here, I'll bite!
You do realise that FM has no bearing on real life, don't you?
:pocheyes:

Firstly thanks for the response and thank you for being a supporter of this lovely forum. I hope to be able to contribute soon when Paypal verify my KYC or something like that.

Secondly, I get that FM is a simulation, but these AI and softwares are always improving and getting closer to reality. Look at how accurate they are with young talent and tactics etc. It might not be 100% physical, but its not far off. Anyway even lets look at Moura for example. In 2018-2019 he got us to the Champions league final, for the first time ever. Goals against Barca away, a hatrick against Ajax away. These are big goals, perhaps the most important in club history. Given the chance and managed properly, he will step up. He is still 28, and has 3-4 years of prime ahead of him.

As for Dele, forget what I say. Look at what EPL defenders say about him. He is a nightmare to defend against. In addition, Sir Alex Ferguson, a man who knows more about football than we could all learn in three lifetimes himself said Dele Alli was destined to be a TOP player, something he even said Steven Gerrard wasnt. He then went on to say he doesnt know or understand how Spurs stagnated his career. Its not too late to change that.

Hope I explained clearly and thanks for taking the time to read my comments.

Personally,I think we should bring captain America,Hulk &Spiderman in from the Avengers films I watch. Not sure how good they'd be in Football Manager,but in the real world I reckon they would fit right in...

Hi Sean. Nice to e-meet you. I know I'm considered a new fan, but I'm trying my best to contribute constructively to the forum. I get from your response that you think my thought is unrealistic. I just want to apologize if it caused offense. I'm new here and don't want to annoy anyone

As for Dele, forget what I say. Look at what EPL defenders say about him. He is a nightmare to defend against. In addition, Sir Alex Ferguson, a man who knows more about football than we could all learn in three lifetimes himself said Dele Alli was destined to be a TOP player, something he even said Steven Gerrard wasnt. He then went on to say he doesnt know or understand how Spurs stagnated his career. Its not too late to change that.

Hi Sean. Nice to e-meet you. I know I'm considered a new fan, but I'm trying my best to contribute constructively to the forum. I get from your response that you think my thought is unrealistic. I just want to apologize if it caused offense. I'm new here and don't want to annoy anyone

Sir Alex also signed Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson and a fair few other buffoons. Wonderful manager as he was, he did also get things wrong sometimes. He also said Gerrard wasn't a "top, top player" and said that Jordan Henderson would never make it due to his running style, both which were absolute nonsense.

Sir Alex also signed Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson and a fair few other buffoons. Wonderful manager as he was, he did also get things wrong sometimes. He also said Gerrard wasn't a "top, top player" and said that Jordan Henderson would never make it due to his running style, both which were absolute nonsense.
There’s no manager with a high success rate when it comes to recruitment, everyone makes mistakes.

Some people keep on bringing up some of Poch’s mistakes like Sanchez and there’s no doubt that Sanchez turned out to be a dud but Poch also brought Son, who overall, has been a success.

Firstly thanks for the response and thank you for being a supporter of this lovely forum. I hope to be able to contribute soon when Paypal verify my KYC or something like that.

Secondly, I get that FM is a simulation, but these AI and softwares are always improving and getting closer to reality. Look at how accurate they are with young talent and tactics etc. It might not be 100% physical, but its not far off. Anyway even lets look at Moura for example. In 2018-2019 he got us to the Champions league final, for the first time ever. Goals against Barca away, a hatrick against Ajax away. These are big goals, perhaps the most important in club history. Given the chance and managed properly, he will step up. He is still 28, and has 3-4 years of prime ahead of him.

No offense,taken mate. Welcome aboard

Not only that but as a Dad he'd never be so happy for his son that he'd cry, or overwhelmed with pride? Or never experienced something so funny he cried with laughter?
Crying is just the body's release when it reaches an extreme of emotion, that doesn't always have to be sadness. It's disappointing to see people go through life with stunted emotions and not being able to experience it to the fullest.
Well said - especially as mental health is a hot topic these days.

I guess some clowns like timothee reckon that he's too cool for school to cry...

Hi Tyler. You are right there, nobody is right all the time. But in combination with what EPL defenders have said, it does imply that he has great potential. At the end of the day as well this is a player with International experience who still has room to grow and get better.

As for Moura, he has proved it when called on the field. He has risen to the challenge. He should be given more responsibility. He can win us trophies. Heck he carried us to the final of the greatest trophy in the game.

Hi Tyler. You are right there, nobody is right all the time. But in combination with what EPL defenders have said, it does imply that he has great potential. At the end of the day as well this is a player with International experience who still has room to grow and get better.

As for Moura, he has proved it when called on the field. He has risen to the challenge. He should be given more responsibility. He can win us trophies. Heck he carried us to the final of the greatest trophy in the game.
Is this the same Moura who has hardly scored this season?

I do like Moura but I think you’re overestimating him.

I like Moura, he always gives his best. But his final ball as often severely lacking, which is why his stats for scoring and assisting are far from great. If only he could produce something like the Ajax away performance a bit more often.

You've got a looooonnnnnggggggg way to go before you cause offence, sweetie, which you will find out all by yourself, when you've been on here a while.
I'm not a fan of most aspects of the modern game and if it wasn't for my unconditional love for THFC, I would have given up on football years ago.
Welcome, by the way :)

Back
Top Bottom