Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sir Alex also signed Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson and a fair few other buffoons. Wonderful manager as he was, he did also get things wrong sometimes. He also said Gerrard wasn't a "top, top player" and said that Jordan Henderson would never make it due to his running style, both which were absolute nonsense.

Ferguson also told at least one ManU manager they should 'break the bank' to sign Dele Ali ... and that seemed to be pretty good advice for first couple of years of Dele's career at Spurs.

But then for whatever reason, Dele is no longer the potential superstar we thought he might become - and a shame for Spurs that ManU didn't buy him for £100m from us! (although I think Spurs fan base would have gone nuts if Levy had sold him after say 2 seasons at Spurs .... including me !) And Fergie's reputation for spotting stars might have taken a knock !

But when Son doesn’t score he’s just a passenger
Lucas puts in the effort but not one of Mason’s mates

The problem with that argument though is that Lucas doesn’t deliver the goods so he’s just as much of a passenger. This season he’s got 3 goals and 4 assists in the league whereas Son has got 6 goals and 6 assists since January 1st alone. Lucas is on a goal every 460 minutes versus Son on a goal every 179.
Clearly Son has been playing poorly lately, but he’s still managed more than Moura who’s been playing well. What’s the point in having the hardest working attackers on the pitch if they’re not scoring or creating goals? It’s not like Moura hasn’t had the opportunity, he’s played 1380 minutes over 29 games in the league this season.

The problem with that argument though is that Lucas doesn’t deliver the goods so he’s just as much of a passenger. This season he’s got 3 goals and 4 assists in the league whereas Son has got 6 goals and 6 assists since January 1st alone. Lucas is on a goal every 460 minutes versus Son on a goal every 179.
Clearly Son has been playing poorly lately, but he’s still managed more than Moura who’s been playing well. What’s the point in having the hardest working attackers on the pitch if they’re not scoring or creating goals? It’s not like Moura hasn’t had the opportunity, he’s played 1380 minutes over 29 games in the league this season.

He doesnt care about stats. So dont bother. Probably too stupid to understand numbers. :pocheyes:

Last edited:
Is this the same Moura who has hardly scored this season?

I do like Moura but I think you’re overestimating him.

It is true he is having a bad season, but then again so is the whole team. Once his head gets right, his football will follow.

Ferguson also told at least one ManU manager they should 'break the bank' to sign Dele Ali ... and that seemed to be pretty good advice for first couple of years of Dele's career at Spurs.

But then for whatever reason, Dele is no longer the potential superstar we thought he might become - and a shame for Spurs that ManU didn't buy him for £100m from us! (although I think Spurs fan base would have gone nuts if Levy had sold him after say 2 seasons at Spurs .... including me !) And Fergie's reputation for spotting stars might have taken a knock !

He has lots of raw talent but he is being used wrongly. You don't win back to back PFA awards in the world's most competitive league without being other worldly. What I think they should do is he should undergo position retraining and become a striker. He will be a greater success at this than when Wenger retrained Henry from a winger to a striker. The rest is history. Dele Alli has the potential to bang in more goals for this club than anyone else. It always works in my tactics. He is still young and has 8 great years in front of him, they should apply this. He would become a 25+ league goals a season striker.

It is true he is having a bad season, but then again so is the whole team. Once his head gets right, his football will follow.

He has lots of raw talent but he is being used wrongly. You don't win back to back PFA awards in the world's most competitive league without being other worldly. What I think they should do is he should undergo position retraining and become a striker. He will be a greater success at this than when Wenger retrained Henry from a winger to a striker. The rest is history. Dele Alli has the potential to bang in more goals for this club than anyone else. It always works in my tactics. He is still young and has 8 great years in front of him, they should apply this. He would become a 25+ league goals a season striker.

He was great at Spurs for 2 - 3 seasons but seemed to lose motivation/desire after that

Question is whether he has that, as otherwise withut the desire no re-training could work

He was great at Spurs for 2 - 3 seasons but seemed to lose motivation/desire after that

Question is whether he has that, as otherwise withut the desire no re-training could work
doesn't he have a contract in front of him? is he holding out for more? maybe we should offer less?

Love the fella when he is on fire , he is dynamic, exciting and a goal threat... when he is off form he can be so bad its unreal.

He wasn't that bad today though.. just because he didn't rack up any goal contributions doesn't mean he didn't contribute.

He was heavily involved in all 3 of the goals when he was one the pitch. The cross that led to Kane's goal for the 1st. The corner that led to the Kasper own goal for the 2nd and the link up playe with Bale and Kane for the 3rd.

He wasn't that bad today though.. just because he didn't rack up any goal contributions doesn't mean he didn't contribute.

He was heavily involved in all 3 of the goals when he was one the pitch. The cross that led to Kane's goal for the 1st. The corner that led to the Kasper own goal for the 2nd and the link up playe with Bale and Kane for the 3rd.
I'd agree with that, as the match went on he became more involved and better and better, he is a frustrating player sometimes and sublime in other occasions

His form well and truly nosedived at the turn of the year. Nothing new there as always been a patchy player. Nowhere near world class like some argue. Still, a decent return goal wise in a truly shit season.

Back
Top Bottom