Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What professional footballer has ever done anything on the pitch for free?
The way some people are talking about his past is that he done it as a favour to us. Again i can only talk for myself, but Kane should have returned to training, issued a statement saying he wished to go, have the club rebuttal then hand in a request. He's done this all wrong. Also his interview before the end of the season, its all an utter shit show from him and his handler.

I don't like agents but the good ones handle the situation, they put forward what tier players want, so far nothing, its cowardly.

Last edited:
The way some people are talking about his past is that he done it as a favour to us.

He hasn't done any favours, and clearly he's been paid extremely well. But along with Son he's our only world-class player now, and has been for a lot of years.

Take away Kane's goals every season and I dread to think where we would have ended up, especially in the last couple of years.

What professional footballer has ever done anything on the pitch for free?
You're making it seem like he was the only worthy Spurs player. We had tons of talent throughout the past 5-6 years. Harry was just a piece of the puzzle that made us successful. He certainly got the most hype because of his status as England's golden boy but there were several players equally as important as Kane.

He hasn't done any favours, and clearly he's been paid extremely well. But along with Son he's our only world-class player now, and has been for a lot of years.

Take away Kane's goals every season and I dread to think where we would have ended up, especially in the last couple of years.
Your mistake is thinking that we wouldn't find a way to adjust without Kane. Remember the narrative that was spewed just before we went on our best CL run? That we were the Harry Kane team and were fcked without him? What did we do? We came together and adjusted. Son, Lucas, Llorente, Dele, Eriksen, Jan etc etc all stepped up. Yeah Kane scores goals but that's just because we made a conscious effort to build the attack around him. Without him, we'd find another way.

You're making it seem like he was the only worthy Spurs player. We had tons of talent throughout the past 5-6 years. Harry was just a piece of the puzzle that made us successful. He certainly got the most hype because of his status as England's golden boy but there were several players equally as important as Kane.

Why, because I said what footballer has done anything without getting paid at any level?!

He's been our best player for a long time now. Even better than Son. Anyone saying differently is either Asian, deluded or simply hurting too much right now to think straight.

Your mistake is thinking that we wouldn't find a way to adjust without Kane. Remember the narrative that was spewed just before we went on our best CL run? That we were the Harry Kane team and were fcked without him? What did we do? We came together and adjusted. Yeah Kane scores goals but that's just because we made a conscious effort to build the attack around him. Without him, we'd find another way.
Yes, also we will get a replacement CF, probably Vlahovic.

Why, because I said what footballer has done anything without getting paid at any level?!

He's been our best player for a long time now. Even better than Son. Anyone saying differently is either Asian, deluded or simply hurting too much right now to think straight.
Lol now you get to the heart of it.
You're a racist English Kane fanboy aren't you?

Should he have retuned when he was due?

Of course he should. I've not said any different than he's acted like a twat. But I'm also saying I believe there's a reason none of us no about, at least yet, why he did what he has done. Does that make it excusable? Probably not. But I'm not suddenly going to pretend Kane hasn't done a hell of a lot for us and isn't the player he is just because.

Of course we'll adjust without Kane, but another best player leaving, when is time for us to say is enough ENIC?

We aren't some mid-table team and through years we sell our key players.

Of course he should. I've not said any different than he's acted like a twat. But I'm also saying I believe there's a reason none of us no about, at least yet, why he did what he has done. Does that make it excusable? Probably not. But I'm not suddenly going to pretend Kane hasn't done a hell of a lot for us and isn't the player he is just because.
Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Jan, Toby, Hugo etc. have also done a lot for us. So your point is irrelevant.

The team > individual. You're still not getting it.

Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Jan, Toby, Hugo etc. have also done a lot for us. So your point is irrelevant.

The team > individual. You're still not getting it.

All wonderful players and servants. Still, Kane has been and is currently our best player.

But why am I even having some sort of debate with someone who thinks a lazy waste of space like Ndombele is a brilliant player.

I think his head has been turned, I think City have told him, "this wont happen unless u make it happen". Levy has never held onto a player that wants to go, a season maybe no more and he gets what he wants for that player. I'm not his biggest fan since Poch left but I am glad he is the one dealing with this. Through out all the shit headlines he gets you dont hear much real venom against him, and the players he held all say he does what is right by the club.

Kane not returning, making no open statement of intent to leave, no transfer request, it all reflects negatively on him, more so than an "agreement" he has so far not elaborated on.

I think his head has been turned, I think City have told him, "this wont happen unless u make it happen". Levy has never held onto a player that wants to go, a season maybe no more and he gets what he wants for that player. I'm not his biggest fan since Poch left but I am glad he is the one dealing with this. Through out all the shit headlines he gets you dont hear much real venom against him, and the players he held all say he does what is right by the club.

Kane not returning, making no open statement of intent to leave, no transfer request, it all reflects negatively on him, more so than an "agreement" he has so far not elaborated on.

Not disagreeing with any of that. But I don't think I'm wrong in saying that that some people's opinion of Kane as a player, what he offers the team, have suddenly changed drastically over the last 24-48 hours.

All wonderful players and servants. Still, Kane has been and is currently our best player.

But why am I even having some sort of debate with someone who thinks a lazy waste of space like Ndombele is a brilliant player.
Well I disagree. Kane's obviously a good player but every single Spurs player that played when prime Dembele played said that he was by far the best player on the squad. Not one said Kane. Even Kane himself said that. Kane can't grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win it like Dembele could. Kane relies on the rest of the team - without his teammates, Kane would have seen limited success. The club and the teammates on his club is what made his career. Anyway, lets see what Man City thinks he's worth. So far, seems that they don't think he's worth much more than Jack Grealish. That's what they think of the so called golden boy.

Not disagreeing with any of that. But I don't think I'm wrong in saying that that some people's opinion of Kane as a player, what he offers the team, have suddenly changed drastically over the last 24-48 hours.
I have said, I have no problem with him leaving, but we need an offer that reflects a) what he will give City, b) his value to us as a club and c) his contract. A supposed bid value of £100M including players is BS and City are bullying us. Kane has been one of my favourite players in my lifetime, truly but I will not allow any player to belittle us and personally I don't grant a player being a "legend" easily.

I have many players VdV, Modric, Loris, Berby, Keane, Defoe, Bale that I will always remember fondly, but for me our last legend true was King. Not only for the cup but the fact the guy battled on and played as many games as he could probably to his own detriment.

Back
Top Bottom