Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does Sonny take penalties for South Korea?

He's a good ball striker with composure in front of goal, I see no reason he wouldn't be very good, but maybe he hasn't done it much?

According to transfermarkt he has taken the most penalties for SK but they haven't had a ton so it is something like him taking 5 of the 8 they have had over the past 3 years. I didn't check to see if he played in the games in which he didn't take one.

With Spurs it is obviously heavy Kane taking them but it appears that Alli and Son have taken about an equal amount over the past 3 seasons. Again I didn't go into each game to see who was playing when each took one so maybe if I did it would be clear that one took them over the other when both played.

To me it doesn’t matter who takes the penalty as long as they score. Had Dele missed it, this would be a discussion. I’m sure Son is the senior player these days in that pecking order and was happy to let Dele dispatch it. If Lloris had said “hold my beer lads, 300th appearance and I’d like a goal” I’d have been fine with him taking it as well

To me it doesn’t matter who takes the penalty as long as they score. Had Dele missed it, this would be a discussion. I’m sure Son is the senior player these days in that pecking order and was happy to let Dele dispatch it. If Lloris had said “hold my beer lads, 300th appearance and I’d like a goal” I’d have been fine with him taking it as well
I haven't heard too much about this, but I was assuming the same thing. That Son was more than happy to get Dele back in the groove by letting him dispatch the PK. It looks like the man hasn't scored a PL goal in over a year.

Would not have happened in the Harry Kane team. Good? Bad? For whom?

Would not have happened in the Harry Kane team. Good? Bad? For whom?

Unfortunately for your narrative; Dele said that Nuno decided who takes the pens (not Sonny).... So once again your "Harry Kane team" just makes you sound like that cunt Guardioloa.

Surely he's playing the older brother role with his Korean mindset. Or you earned it so you take it type of logic.

Not really for you earned it you take imo. Son probably did it for the good of the team valuing Dele gaining confidence by it more importantly than him adding a goal for his goal record

Unfortunately for your narrative; Dele said that Nuno decided who takes the pens (not Sonny).... So once again your "Harry Kane team" just makes you sound like that cunt Guardioloa.

Sounds like Nuno made a decision I would've made for the team. I like him so far.

Would he be able to make same types of decisions for the team if Harry was counting his goals? Hopefully so with the Kane fiasco and reevalution of expectations around Kane.

Sounds like Nuno made a decision I would've made for the team. I like him so far.

Would he be able to make same types of decisions for the team if Harry was counting his goals? Hopefully so with the Kane fiasco and reevalution of expectations around Kane.

You're an idiot.... Kane is an elite penalty taker..... There's no sense in getting someone else to take them if he's on the pitch.

So in your logic oder of better pen taker is
Jane > Dele > Son ?
They most likely take pens in training(especially with kane not on the pitch) and Son misses more than Dele. Manager decides who takes the pens, if Son is doing some big-hearted friendly shit and 'letting' dele take a pen when the manager had given him that job instead, then Son is an idiot. But i think they were following the manager's orders.

I don't feel comfortable 100% with Son taking penalties but I think yesterday's decision to have Dele taking the penalty was due to the fact that Son was injured. I think this was why he was taken out early too.

I don't feel comfortable 100% with Son taking penalties but I think yesterday's decision to have Dele taking the penalty was due to the fact that Son was injured. I think this was why he was taken out early too.

Dele's stepped up for pens in the past....

Sonny likes the stutter-run thing...... Tbh; fuck that shit.

Back
Top Bottom