Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Football is so cruel, metaphor for life really.

Just as you turn 29 and reach your prime, in comes a young upstart (Bryan Gil) with talent and energy to burn (remember when that was me?) to threaten that comfortable top perch both earned and deserved but ever so tenuous.

I don’t think Son liked being substituted, and he was bitching about something at the end of the game. The way he talks about wanting to go like this for years to come, he knows nothing’s guaranteed, but here comes Nuno throwing it down - unlike Harry, your spot on the perch isn’t quite so secure Sonny, so better get improving.

Gil does look promising and I have a feeling we will see many more of these substitutions if not outright usurping if roles of Gil starts to get some goals in. Will be really interesting to see how Nuno manages nurturing a young talent on one hand but not wasting a proven one in Son.

Just as you turn 29 and reach your prime, in comes a young upstart (Bryan Gil) with talent and energy to burn (remember when that was me?) to threaten that comfortable top perch both earned and deserved but ever so tenuous.

I don’t think Son liked being substituted, and he was bitching about something at the end of the game. The way he talks about wanting to go like this for years to come, he knows nothing’s guaranteed, but here comes Nuno throwing it down - unlike Harry, your spot on the perch isn’t quite so secure Sonny, so better get improving.

Gil does look promising and I have a feeling we will see many more of these substitutions if not outright usurping if roles of Gil starts to get some goals in. Will be really interesting to see how Nuno manages nurturing a young talent on one hand but not wasting a proven one in Son.
Naw Lucas will be taking Harry’s spot in the front three more often than you think. Deep down, Nuno knows we are better off with a front three of Berg/Son/Lucas in many situations.

If you watch his post game interview, you definitely see him throwing some shots at Harry alluding to the fact that we were not dynamic enough and not getting to certain spots - basically throwing shots at Harry. He never said those type of comments the past two matches when Lucas was starting.

Nuno has been great for this team, keeping egos in check. No one is safe from being dropped which is the mentality we should have. Team>individual. Love him already!

Before Gil takes over Son, he needs to prove he can produce more than Son, that is 3rd in PL in terms of goals and 4th in terms of assists. If he manages produce over that, I agree he should take over Son, but I don't think he can do anything like that in near future.

Gil may take Bergwijn or Dele's spot, if he shows he can compete against PL teams and produce more than them, but not Son, he hasn't proved anything like Son.

Before Gil takes over Son, he needs to prove he can produce more than Son, that is 3rd in PL in terms of goals and 4th in terms of assists. If he manages produce over that, I agree he should take over Son, but I don't think he can do anything like that in near future.

Gil may take Bergwijn or Dele's spot, if he shows he can compete against PL teams and produce more than them, but not Son, he hasn't proved anything like Son.

Im a massive fan of Gil, however I agree with you.

Gil will get his chances to impress over the course of the year, but to suggest from now that he will replace Sonny is just fantasy.

This is new lol. a notch different than the usuall Kanes better than Son that comes out of nowhere like on Son's birthday or the day Son scored a winning goal or something.

Son would welcome and buy you a big dinner everytime you brought a player like Gil to club who could help the team win

Last edited:
I was happy to see Bryan take to the pitch, and think Nuno is handling the game time for players really well. I don't want Sonny to be run to the ground, we need him fit and raring to go for the games to come.
I still don't get why certain posters pitch players against each other, surely it's for the good of our team that we have players that other teams would give their eye teeth for!

Back
Top Bottom