Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don't think he was utterly inept on Saturday?
I thought he was poor at times, but he's hardly had any starts recently and the pace of the game was ferocious. I thought a lot of our players were under the cosh, even Dembele got caught in possession a few times, and that's very unusual.

Harry's goal was great, but in the first half he missed a couple of easier ones. I get the idea that if Son had dawdled like that the board would have been in meltdown.

Alli, too, had a quiet game.

I think it's still the case that our points per game when Son starts is much better than when he doesnt. We play further up the pitch, Harry gets more support, he's less isolated. Kane is the one we need to provide chances for, with that uncanny ability to find the corners.

Son's games in the main have been good. He's very pacy, in a team where the only other pace is at FB, so he gives us something we can't replicate. The volley he blazed past was frustrating, but he's the only player we've got up front that could have made the run and got on the end of it. I think it was him that set up Eriksen 1st half.

He's started about a dozen games, scored 2 match winning PL goals and 4 points. Haven't checked for assists. It took Lamela 2 seasons to score 2 PL goals btw. And this season, with a lot more starts, EL has only scored 3, 2 of which were irrelevant (4-1;5-1).

It would be crazy to get rid so soon. One of our best players in recent history didn't fire for a season and a half (Waddle). After that he was on fire. Lamela was poor for 2 seasons, and now he's very much 1st team squad. Son has shown some good stuff, easily enough to warrant persevering with him.

Going back to LFC at the weekend, his performance was frustrating. That first pass early on when he should have put Kane clear, urgh.

But there's no lack of effort. He doesnt hide. He presses like hell. He's got a belter of a shot on him (LCFC away FA cup against one of the best keepers in the PL). Definitey one to keep and frequent starter for me. Like I said, check out the ppt when he starts.

If you look for negatives you will find them, just as if you focus on the positives you will find them. Some, like you choose to focus on the negatives but what I don't understand is, you say you are "not ready to give up on him" but in the same sentence you have by casting him out of the first 11 and blaming him for dropped points, that is giving up on him.
What are you talking about? He is in poor form hence he shouldn't be playing in vitally important matches at the moment. I am not calling him shit, I am just saying we should look at other options at the moment. I would say the same with any other player on our books who is having a poor spell.

I actually thought Chadli was decent when he came on as well.
I thought he was very poor. And what's more, the team got significantly worse too.

Son getting it a fair bit, but he was very involved, very mobil, is an outlet and most importantly he was pressing like a pitbull on cocaine in a rabbit nursery.

Chadli made us lose shape. And it's not the first time either, unfortunately

What are you talking about? He is in poor form hence he shouldn't be playing in vitally important matches at the moment. I am not calling him shit, I am just saying we should look at other options at the moment. I would say the same with any other player on our books who is having a poor spell.
We see things differently mate, is that clear enough? The other option for this game was who? Seeing Lamela was out, I'll preempt your answer because there is only one other option, Chadli. That being the answer I'd have Son start over Chadli everyday of the week.

I believe Poch can make a player out of Son if he has a full preseason with him.

However, according to reports he might be off to the Olympics this summer with Korea which means he'll miss the beginning of next season. I'd hate for him to be playing catch up yet again and be set back another year.

at least HmsRhymeMaster will be happy :sonlol:

We see things differently mate, is that clear enough? The other option for this game was who? Seeing Lamela was out, I'll preempt your answer because there is only one other option, Chadli. That being the answer I'd have Son start over Chadli everyday of the week.
Chadli has his faults but he always seems to have end product but we will have to agree to disagree mate. I hope if Son continues to play though he finds form Harry can't do it on his own.

I like Chadli a lot but his best work against the better PL teams is from the bench, when the game opens up and he gets some space. Good crosser, and great finisher when he gets a shot in. Should have had the 2nd half v B'mouth imo. Would have really stretched them.

Did a better job in the 15 minutes than Son all game...
Not sure if Chadli would have scored that volley, but a 25mil signing should at least be hitting the target.

Agree with the first part, but executing that shot was far from easy. If he had put it in it would have been a worldie.

Squaring it to kane was far simpler.

You wouldn't have said that if it had gone in. He struggles with the decision making, as you'd expect from a player with confidence loss. He has scored goals more difficult than that before and must believe he can pull it off. It doesn't at the time, but let's see how it unfolds next season.

I don't get the criticism. There have been games, where he and Lamela have made roughly the same contributions, great effort with little output. Lamela gets praised and Son gets criticised.

Yeah, we're gonna need an 'official THFC bromances' thread...

g00LDcL.jpg

Son starts against Liverpool and we never looked like winning.
Lamela starts against manure and we win 3-0.
Take that all you non Spurs supporting Son fanboys:sonlol::lameladisgust:

Son starts against Liverpool and we never looked like winning.
Lamela starts against manure and we win 3-0.
Take that all you non Spurs supporting Son fanboys:sonlol::lameladisgust:
not that Im any kind of fanboy, but remember how ..average..Lamela was in his first coupe of years. One thing they have in common is that they dont hide. Lamela didnt, and song doesnt seem too either

not that Im any kind of fanboy, but remember how ..average..Lamela was in his first coupe of years. One thing they have in common is that they dont hide. Lamela didnt, and song doesnt seem too either
At least, pending injuries, there isn't the need to start Son in any of the remaining matches, and the pressure is off him so that he can come on and try to impress as a substitute.

Also, that means he can stop Kane from
running himself into the ground by coming on in his place.

Onwards and upwards. If things do 'click' for Son like they eventually did for Lamela then it really will be like having a new signing next year.

That's about the only thing they have in common.

Thankfully Poch is quick to recognise his mistakes as shown by how quickly Fazio and Stambouli were discarded, I reckon Son will be gone in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom