Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

son would not get into teams that dominate the ball like city. hes a counter attacking player, thats why hes always good against city.

i think he should be an impact sub against the lesser sides who sit deep against us. hes so frustrating in them games against a parked bus as he just doesnt have the guile to break a team down. get a goal or two up and when they come out then bring him on, hed be devastating, kill the game off.
Son can get into any team. He played great under Poch who didn't play counter football. Actually he played well under every manager we had since he arrived.

I wouldn't disagree with what you're saying but until we truly have a better alternative that has shown consistent results, then Son should start. That's why we need to spend this summer and bring in players that can improve the squad in a big way.

We aren't finding a player out there who is good enough to regularly rotate with Son (whilst keeping both happy) unless we strike incredibly lucky in the market. He's a 70/80m player who is nailed on for double figures in goals and a good handful of assists every season.

Priority in the summer = improve RWB, CM, LCB. Beyond that another LB and backup CF, if we were getting some miraculous splurge of a summer.

Something seems off with his general play to me at the moment but he's still contributing vital match defining moments which is obviously great to see. He seems to be really struggling to go past people and get really good shots off around the box like he used to. Even the first assist to to kulusevski ,I felt he was lucky kulu was there as his touch coming across the box was poor and messed up the opportunity for himself to bury it which the son of old wouldn't of hesitated on.

Something seems off with his general play to me at the moment but he's still contributing vital match defining moments which is obviously great to see. He seems to be really struggling to go past people and get really good shots off around the box like he used to. Even the first assist to to kulusevski ,I felt he was lucky kulu was there as his touch coming across the box was poor and messed up the opportunity for himself to bury it which the son of old wouldn't of hesitated on.
careful! you'll upset the irrational, sensitive, homeland fanboys

how many of them games did harry winks start/feature?

keep a watch out next time we are against a side looking to counter, son is very frustrating. he doesnt operate well at all in tight areas. i just think to have a player like that to bring off the bench when the opp are chasing a game and have been drawn out would be an absolute weapon. thats a genuine world class sub to bring off the bench. watching son try and be something hes not against teams camped in and around their 18 yard box is frustrating and dumb.

people say hes a streaky player that goes hot and cold. i think thats more to do with playing against sides that play open or sit deep. hes good 90% of the time against the better sides and hes pony 80% of the time against the sides sitting in.

I lost brain cells reading this

careful! you'll upset the irrational, sensitive, homeland fanboys
Can't we not have discussions without accusing or being accused of being what you're pointing to without definite proof? I saw nothing to indicate this "homeland fanboys" because some have disagreed with you. Certainly no one was being sensitive about your posts. These kind of accusations without proof harm the forum members more than being helpful.

This ain't Youtube where you see your so called homeland fanboys from all countries and race. Let's all keep things level headed.

Can't we not have discussions without accusing or being accused of being what you're pointing to without definite proof? I saw nothing to indicate this "homeland fanboys" because some have disagreed with you. Certainly no one was being sensitive about your posts. These kind of accusations without proof harm the forum members more than being helpful.

This ain't Youtube where you see your so called homeland fanboys from all countries and race. Let's all keep things level headed.
the cringey little homeland fanboys are well known. they arent spurs fans they are son fans who are irrational little numpties. theres a good 5-10 in here, only ever post in son threads and think hes god.

I agree to some extent that he seems a bit trigger shy and maybe lost some confidence in his shooting ability. It could also be that he's trying to improve his over all game for all we know. As for his pass to Kulu I didn't see a poor pass nor Son messing up his shot opportunity. Kulu was in a better position to score. Was Son unsure of himself at that moment and decided to pass? No can knows for sure but can't fault him for passing the ball for a better scoring chance.

the cringey little homeland fanboys are well known. they arent spurs fans they are son fans who are irrational little numpties. theres a good 5-10 in here, only ever post in son threads and think hes god.
TBF it's like this in every players threads if you ignore where the player is from. You and I will defend and give praise to our favorite players a little more than players we like less. Doesn't necessarily mean that we only like players from same home land and not fair to put them in same basket. There's no need to accuse other of being race fanboys if you're not being accused of one and thus need to defend yourself. Better not to lower yourself to their level. I'm not talking abour Asians specifically but every fanboys from anywhere.

I actually don’t think Son has ever been great at beating people with the ball at his feet unless he’s already running at full pelt like just wonder goasl v Burnley and Chelsea. I don’t think he overly ever has had a trick to beat a man when not already running at pace and with space on the other side. I’m sure there are examples which make a mockery of what I’ve said here.

I actually don’t think Son has ever been great at beating people with the ball at his feet unless he’s already running at full pelt like just wonder goasl v Burnley and Chelsea. I don’t think he overly ever has had a trick to beat a man when not already running at pace and with space on the other side. I’m sure there are examples which make a mockery of what I’ve said here.
if hes stood still and faced up with a defender, he will shift the ball to a side with a stepover to make a yard.

when actual spurs fans come in to have rational debates, if theres any criticism towards son then the little cringe bags jump all over it and destroy the debate between the actual fans.
Which irrational Asian Son fanboys here destroyed the latest discussion that forced you to call them out? Don't take it the wrong way but IMO you destroyed the discussion this time by bringing in race in to the argument. You're automatically calling them who disagrees with you in your own words "cringy little Asian Son fanboys". How would you feel if you were in their shoes? Would you think that your response was appropriate? Do you think that any of them would ever want to have a rational discussion with you after?

200w.gif

I've seen your posts. I know you fanboy Sonny too, don't lie.

I would agree with you. I would love to see him use more trickery but on the flip side, Son has pace and explosiveness so it makes sense for him to use them to get around whenver possible. I'm not even a bit worried about it though becuase I think in general that gives you the best chance to beat a man anyway.

For me the biggest weakness of Son is his lack of aerial game. Tbf, he doesn't get many chances for headers but it's one aspect where he can do better.

Back
Top Bottom