Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll readily admit I'm a huge fan of Son. A few thoughts.

1. Everyone knows including Son and Kane, and especially Conte, that the team needed more production than from those two, so to go out and get the players they did was a necessary step

2. That Kulu and Richarlison are playing so well is exactly what Spurs need if they're going to challenge

3. Though Son may want to play every down (I mean every minute ;) getting rest is vital to getting more seasons out of a 30 year old player and Son should realize that

4. Getting pulled off as a starter is a lousy feeling and not a nice look on the screen, bench morale

5. Coming on and finishing as a difference maker and goalscorer/creator is not an insult

Hopefully Son maintains that chip on his shoulder, but none of us should feel sorry for him for what's really best for him

to all the Sonny moaners for the last few weeks 😁

fuck you emma thompson GIF

to all the Sonny moaners for the last few weeks 😁

fuck you emma thompson GIF

I wasn't a 'Son moaner' (knew he's a patchy player, knew he'd come out of it) but the man has only scored in one game all season, so I don't really get this. Incredible hat-trick but people were justified in complaining about a lot of blanks, weren't they?

I think the only people with egg on their faces are those who were suggesting, like some did with Kane last season, that he was 'finished' because of bad form..

I'll readily admit I'm a huge fan of Son. A few thoughts.

1. Everyone knows including Son and Kane, and especially Conte, that the team needed more production than from those two, so to go out and get the players they did was a necessary step

2. That Kulu and Richarlison are playing so well is exactly what Spurs need if they're going to challenge

3. Though Son may want to play every down (I mean every minute ;) getting rest is vital to getting more seasons out of a 30 year old player and Son should realize that

4. Getting pulled off as a starter is a lousy feeling and not a nice look on the screen, bench morale

5. Coming on and finishing as a difference maker and goalscorer/creator is not an insult

Hopefully Son maintains that chip on his shoulder, but none of us should feel sorry for him for what's really best for him

I will stop laughing if you replace "Son" with "Kane" in section 3 and you post the revised in Kane thread

I will stop laughing if you replace "Son" with "Kane" in section 3 and you post the revised in Kane thread

You mean the Kane with 6 goals and one assist in the last 7 games?

.....The Kane that's younger than Sonny and isn't as suceptible to the ageing process due to being less reliant upon pace?

......That Kane?

I've you on ignore because you're a complete cretin, who showed yourself up with backing a fat arsed waster, but I'll reply because what you've posted says nothing about what I actually said about the positions he is in and other players are in when he decides to shoot.

You've also left out the fact that Kane's lack of selfishness creates more chances than most other players, including fucking Salah. Liverpool had on average 7 more shots than Tottenham in every league game last season btw.

Last year, I saw Son noticeably greedier than any other season with other players in good positions, stats don't disprove it.
Yes, the Son has been greedy. He only finished 5th in the league in chances created last season. Should have been #1 in chances created in addition to winning the Golden Boot. Very limited/greedy player that doesn't offer much.

:goonermong:

Pretty interesting to see him make a beeline to go hug Ventrone (the terrifyingly tough fitness coach/ "drill sergeant") here in this video after the match. Good to see there's unity even with the most exacting members of staff - although to be fair it's almost impossible to find someone who doesn't love Son.

I wasn't a 'Son moaner' (knew he's a patchy player, knew he'd come out of it) but the man has only scored in one game all season, so I don't really get this. Incredible hat-trick but people were justified in complaining about a lot of blanks, weren't they?

I think the only people with egg on their faces are those who were suggesting, like some did with Kane last season, that he was 'finished' because of bad form..
Totally agree , I think the vast majority on this forum just suggested he needed a break and didnt question his undoubted talent

You mean the Kane with 6 goals and one assist in the last 7 games?

.....The Kane that's younger than Sonny and isn't as suceptible to the ageing process due to being less reliant upon pace?

......That Kane?

You mean the one who had to take a goal away from Eriksen by swearing on his daughters grave? The one that will not stop taking freekicks until he retires or transfers? without a single trophy won for Spurs?

Should I go on for another set? or five?

Aggressivity selfish? Lol

You mean the one who had to take a goal away from Eriksen by swearing on his daughters grave? The one that will not stop taking freekicks until he retires or transfers? with not a single trophy left for Spurs?

State of you...... Kane's place so far this season should be in jeopardy due to these incoherent ramblings?

Pathetic.

No trophies?????

You ain't Spurs.......Go fuck yourself, plastic.

I've known gooners with more respect for this club than you.

State of you...... Kane's place so far this season should be in jeopardy due to these incoherent ramblings?

Pathetic.

No trophies?????

You ain't Spurs.......Go fuck yourself, plastic.

Don't make me come out of my polite mode with your usual aggressivty stupidity lol

You mean the one who had to take a goal away from Eriksen by swearing on his daughters grave? The one that will not stop taking freekicks until he retires or transfers? without a single trophy won for Spurs?

No one shouldn't be criticizing Kane's overall performance this season. He's had a couple shocking games but this season he's been arguably our best attacker overall.

Last season when he scored 1 goal through mid December is a different story.

Back
Top Bottom