Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

V good chance at the end only thwarted by an excellent save.

Last few games seem to be passing Sonny by. Is he being marked out of the game or simply less effective against the congested middle of low-blocks?

Last few games seem to be passing Sonny by. Is he being marked out of the game or simply less effective against the congested middle of low-blocks?
He's not physical enough to be that kind of battling striker against a low block but he does create space for others with his movement and just his overall presence in the box

Still got an assist and with a little luck, would have had a goal

He seemed very pissed off with Dejan after the final whistle. As a captain, I feel he should not show those kind of negative emotions right after a win. I love the guy and hes a legend for us, but that ill-timed emotion seems to show some kind of selfish trait because he couldnt get on the scoresheet.

He's always had down periods were it doesn't come off for him. And I think that it is being enhanced by him playing centrally with Richarlison out hurt.

He's at his best when he gets to play a direct role that allows him to run at goal. Not as a central attacker playing with his back against goal expected to hold up the ball.

He seemed very pissed off with Dejan after the final whistle. As a captain, I feel he should not show those kind of negative emotions right after a win. I love the guy and hes a legend for us, but that ill-timed emotion seems to show some kind of selfish trait because he couldnt get on the scoresheet.
Kulusevski is playing like garbage lately and he needs to be bollocked.

Ineffective against low blocks, deadly against teams that will give him space, he's basically like Haaland this season.

Next few weeks should see him get a few chances, would bet that he goes on a scoring run over the last few matches.

Quite the opposite.

He should do that A LOT MORE. Captain should aim higher, and if people play like shit (like Kulu absolutely did, for fuck sake, no balls nor directness at ALL in this sub-appearance), he has the right to call him out for that. We did win, but surely not thanks to Kulu.

Quite the turn around. 12 months ago half of you on TFC were saying he was finished.
One of the biggest reasons I was fine with selling Kane is because Son and Richarlison were being wasted playing out wide.

He’s not the dynamic winger he once was but his movement is still great in the final third and he’s never going to stop being a brilliant finisher.

Also the deep blocks thing is overplayed, a top winger would open up space for him.

Back
Top Bottom