Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Far too slow and disjointed

It's a case of not being sharp enough in mind. The players are waiting for the ball to feet and it's causing a block of settled defenders we have to chop through. I really think this team is missing a big trick just knowing the two or three players around their position and having a bit of awareness as to how off the ball moves can create space elsewhere. Little triangles, one touch football when possible, give and gos just seem too little and it leads to games being possession based which is good but no urgenc, a lack of verve and games sometimes being a little flat. The team need to get back into wanting to wipe the floor with oppositions to really have pride and show what they are made of instead of focus on the continental approach too much. Got to get the blend of English football and continental possession play right and it seems a little off and dull at the moment, it makes attacking more of an uphill task than this talented group need it to be

Agreed we recycle the ball too much instead of playing or running into space to cause a bit of havoc. The Brighton game was a perfect example of that, we dominated them in the first half by just passing and it getting out of third gear. When teams are sleepy you need to go for the throat not just mirror their effort. I'd rather we show urgency in attack, even if that means we occasionally get caught out at the back. The team should be evolved enough now to know what they should be doing if one or two players commit to a certain space on the pitch. Covering space and the advantage of getting the defender running back towards his goal seem to be getting lost. Personally the sooner Sissoko and at the moment Aurier leave the better, it will free up space for people with sharper teeth. It's a pity as I believe Aurier has it in him but his attacki potency really disappoints as the areas on the pitch you don't mind losing possession if you have to choose are down the flanks. I want more risks taken by him he'd be surprised at how many of them pay off in my opinion
You know there's another team on the pitch that don't want them to do that - right?

We can't just will them away.

Disjointed half to say the least. Obviously a lot of reserves/fringe players on both ends. But I will say we have looked the better side

You know there's another team on the pitch that don't want them to do that - right?

We can't just will them away.

Come on man are you telling me our off the ball movement is top class or lethal at the moment? We need to attack space far more than we do it's too cumbersome, not sharp enough both in body and mind and it seems like our boys only think about what they're going to do once the ball lands at their feet. Once again we have a fair old slab of possession and yet again their goalkeeper hasn't had to do much it's becoming alarmingly familiar with our creative prowess

Back
Top Bottom