Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our whole midfied looks a little rusty. Which is understandable
Too open and they are getting lots of time and space and exploiting our fullbacks. Especially Davies

Too many of our players take the easy pass and aren't brace moving the ball into dangerous areas. So far I've seen Aurier get in good positions about four times and he never takes them on to win a corner or a throw in, doesn't beat a man one on one and takes a little too long to cross when he does decide to play an attacking role. We get in nice positions but play in backwards or sideways and completely lose the advantage of having a disheveled defence due to a bit of early fluid passing. I was hoping Serge would have developed after a year of playing under Pochettino but it's just same old he offers no more than Walker-Peters would he takes the easy way out far too often when we need a bit more crash bang wallop on the flanks

our general way of playing is to keep the ball and not take too many risks and be countered. We've got a good team and should be confident of recovering the ball if we lose it. Although dont agree about Serge. Going forward he is fine. but needs to be aware of his positioning going the other way

our general way of playing is to keep the ball and not take too many risks and be countered. We've got a good team and should be confident of recovering the ball if we lose it.

Agreed we recycle the ball too much instead of playing or running into space to cause a bit of havoc. The Brighton game was a perfect example of that, we dominated them in the first half by just passing and it getting out of third gear. When teams are sleepy you need to go for the throat not just mirror their effort. I'd rather we show urgency in attack, even if that means we occasionally get caught out at the back. The team should be evolved enough now to know what they should be doing if one or two players commit to a certain space on the pitch. Covering space and the advantage of getting the defender running back towards his goal seem to be getting lost. Personally the sooner Sissoko and at the moment Aurier leave the better, it will free up space for people with sharper teeth. It's a pity as I believe Aurier has it in him but his attacki potency really disappoints as the areas on the pitch you don't mind losing possession if you have to choose are down the flanks. I want more risks taken by him he'd be surprised at how many of them pay off in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom